AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What am I doing wrong with my cardio? Incline of 8.0 and speed of 3.5 and no sweat!!

So I've been consistently training for 7 weeks and lost about 10-12 lbs of fat. I'm 5'8, 171 as of this morning. My diet is spot on accurate, extremely clean and i'm carb cycling. Trying to loose some more fat. I do cardio 6 days a week. M, W and F I do 60 minutes fasted cardio and on T, TH and Sat I do 60 minutes after my workout. But latley, I'll do 60 minutes, on and incline of 8.0-9.0 and a speed of 3.5-3.8 and I barley break a sweat and am not really tired at all. I've been stuck at 171 for two weeks and dont know what to do.

HIIT is out of the question becasue I threw up 3 times when I tried it last year.

JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoPe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your body has adjusted to the high amounts/types of cardio your doing. Do you check your heart rate? Does it stay low throughout the session? You'll need to change things up to keep your body guessing.

BreZ.au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreZ.au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreZ.au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreZ.au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreZ.au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreZ.au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreZ.au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreZ.au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreZ.au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreZ.au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreZ.au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmm, throughout my progress on the treadmill i usually do 7kmph (powerwalking speed) at an incline of 6 - 8 for 45 minutes; 4x a week. However, each week i add an extra .1kmph or .2kmph (7kmph, 7.1kmph, 7.2kmph etc.) onto the speed. I find this the easiest way to do moderate cardio as im not fit enough to do HIT like you heh.. I still find im losing a fair bit of weight by doing this also . Usually around 0.5 - 1lb per week depending how strict.

Not sure if i've really helped, but at times like this we could all use a little experimenting heh

Good luck.
    Height: 5"11
    Back in the game ;)
    ----------------------------------------
    Bulking // Start Weight: 147lbs - 13%
    ----------------------------------------
    1st week... Yet to come.

AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlwaysTan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JoPe
    Your body has adjusted to the high amounts/types of cardio your doing. Do you check your heart rate? Does it stay low throughout the session? You'll need to change things up to keep your body guessing.

yeah, my trainer said to slow it down, but at a lower speed I still dont sweat. I want to track my heart rate but dont feel like spending $100 on a Polar HR montior.

Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The point of cardio is to keep your heart pumping hard, not to sweat. Some people sweat walking down the stairs and some people barely sweat doing hard cardio.

You're answer to not shifting weight isn't more cardio, you might want to give yourself a weeks rest and then go back to the routine (or another) the following week. Give the body a rest to recover, build, and get ready.

cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Many things could be wrong here.
    1. Don't measure a workout by your sweat
    2. Don't listen to a trainer that seems to be holding you back. If you are not getting anything out of cardio then up the intensity and lower the amount of time doing cardio.
    3. change your cardio routine. Try bikes, treadmills, stair climbers, or eliptical machines. Also, try sports, running, jump roping or roller blading.
    4. restrict the calories a little more
    5. Your sodium may be too high.
    6. look at your appearance... not the scale
    Goal- From 211- 155 (56 lbs) by July

chi-sox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chi-sox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Change it up

As stated above change what you are doing. I sweat so much after I do my 50 mins of cardio that my shirt is all wet and my shorts are soaked at the top from the sweat off my shirt. I do this by changing the settings on the cardio machines, alternate also. If you’re on the treadmill go to a bike or stair climber or elliptical machine. Really anything that will change things so your body doesn't get used to what you were previously doing.

Not what I use to be..... StrongEnough?'s Avatar
    StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Speed it up, and lower the incline a bit. You're heart doesn't have to work as hard anymore since you're dropping weight. You have to keep pushing the limit. Don't hurt yourself, but get away from your comfort zone.

Nanda Devi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Question: Are you holding on to the handrail when you walk, or never touching it and pumping your arms the whole time?

I do a hard/fast walk on an incline of 10-12 for cardio once or twice a week, and I always notice that it's MUCH harder when you don't hold on to the rail. I do believe you probably get a better workout if you're moving your arms and not holding on... so you might want to give that a try, if you don't already do it that way.

ND

Hung like a 7 y/o asian DrmChld's Avatar
    DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It could be that you need to drink a lot more water and also cut down on sodium.

My wife is a salt addict. She puts it on everything and she doesn't sweat. Once I took the salt out of her diet she sweats like crazy now.
    Who the hell you calling crazy? You wouldn't know what crazy was
    If Charles Manson was eating fruit loops on your front porch....

dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Take a run outside, you'll be sweating in no time. Indoor and outdoor running are two totally different worlds.

ProWrestling Consumes Me! ceilos456's Avatar
    ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by cardioking
    Many things could be wrong here.
    1. Don't measure a workout by your sweat
    2. Don't listen to a trainer that seems to be holding you back. If you are not getting anything out of cardio then up the intensity and lower the amount of time doing cardio.
    3. change your cardio routine. Try bikes, treadmills, stair climbers, or eliptical machines. Also, try sports, running, jump roping or roller blading.
    4. restrict the calories a little more
    5. Your sodium may be too high.
    6. look at your appearance... not the scale
    NICE! - agree with all of the above
    There is no finish line

Cutting

2/7/06 - 222 pounds (started cut again)

Why Benoit Why???

"Whatcha gunna do when Hulkamanina and my 24" pythons run wild on you?!?!?!!?"
    "Train, say your prayers, take vitamins, and believe in yourself."
    -The One And Only Immortal HULK HOGAN-

My Lifestyle Cutting Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4934123

Leonard4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definitely change it up, 2 months on a treadmill usually at a 4.0 speed, 2.5-3.5 incline puts me at 65-75% HR. Got to the point where it felt easy, I stopped sweating as much and the weight wasn't dropping. I took two weeks off from the treadmill and ran outside. Talk about a huge difference, first off on a treadmill your muscles are working to keep you from going backwards, and on pavement your working on pulling yourself forwards, so thats a nice change there, my shins hurt like a mother for 3 days.

Currently i'm on a 2 week indoor, 2 week outdoor cardio just to change things up, plus being outside is nice if you've lost some weight, I had a girl at the local track running along side me asking if she could join me for a few laps, was nice.
    05/05: 225lbs - BF: 27.4%
    06/05: 215lbs - BF: 24%
    07/05: 205lbs - BF: 20.3%
    08/05: 195lbs - BF: 16.2%
    09/05: 190lbs - BF: 14%
    10/05: 185lbs - BF: 12.1%
    01/06: 190lbs - BF: 11.2%