sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My traps are sore and my neck hurts after hitting traps

What should I do if my traps are sore and my neck hurts the next day after I do shrugs?

Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's probably just DOMS dude, what's the problem?
    I have been Michael's number two guy for about five years, and we make a great team. We're like one of those classic famous teams. He's like Mozart and I'm like Mozart's friend. No, I'm like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart, you're gonna get a bullet in your head, courtesy of Butch Cassidy.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Question

Originally Posted by sammylou
    What should I do if my traps are sore and my neck hurts the next day after I do shrugs?

OK-I want you to be honest with me.........are you looking at the ground when you shrug?........it's ok sammy-you can tell. We're still men.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

built like a small girl.. lordmatt's Avatar
    lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The first time I strained my neck it was from bb shrugging too much weight. So try dropping the weight a bit and maybe it'll help.
    Height: 5'7"
    Body type: Not even small framed. :(

I have the same genetics as a 14 year old girl.

Raw_Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raw_Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raw_Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raw_Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raw_Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raw_Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raw_Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raw_Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Raw_Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

when there is too much pain concentrated in a small area of the body, your nerves will "spread out the pain" to surrounding parts.

you'll be fine once the soreness in your traps goes away

You're a tiger, ARRRRGH! GarethCheeseman's Avatar
    GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If your neck hurts then it sounds like you were straining it doing the shrugs. You want to use the traps for shrugs, use a lighter weight and concentrate on trying to touch your ears with your shoulders, don't tense up just pull your shoulders up with a comfortable weight.

Once you've got the form down then start bumping the weight up.
    "Yeah, and I'm a Dutchman"

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you need to distguish betwen sore neck and actual pain - actual pain in the neck is a bad sign, a very very bad sign.
    <->

Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    you need to distguish betwen sore neck and actual pain - actual pain in the neck is a bad sign, a very very bad sign.
    true - i took it as implied that the guy has muscle soreness in his neck, not joint related pain
    I have been Michael's number two guy for about five years, and we make a great team. We're like one of those classic famous teams. He's like Mozart and I'm like Mozart's friend. No, I'm like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart, you're gonna get a bullet in your head, courtesy of Butch Cassidy.

built like a small girl.. lordmatt's Avatar
    lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Big Ad
    true - i took it as implied that the guy has muscle soreness in his neck, not joint related pain
    I took it as strain because that's what I have and it's a pisser.
    Height: 5'7"
    Body type: Not even small framed. :(

I have the same genetics as a 14 year old girl.

sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammylou will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ya my neck is just sore

so you guys think that less weight will do it?

WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RU4A69
    OK-I want you to be honest with me.........are you looking at the ground when you shrug?........it's ok sammy-you can tell. We're still men.
    HAHAHA fight club reference!!! best movie ever

testicular cancer therapy :P