Format has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mass Building Workout

I found a full body program on this site last year but can't seem to locate it now. The same workout was tweaked by two people on this site and one of them won and be came the featured workout or whatever. It consisted of 2 workouts ("Workout A" and "Workout B") with one being:

Squats
    Bench Press
    Deadlifts
    Dips

and the other was:

Squats
    Standing Military Press
    Bent Rows
    Chin-ups

Anyone know what workout this was, and where I can find it?
    Thanks

bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is the Rippetoe Starting Strength program. Check the sticky at the top of this forum and then look for a thread made by Dave76.

ah thanks buddy. I don't suppose you know where i can find the printable version of the workout? The one you can use to show your progress. I looked around but couldn't find it.

ianton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i had great rsult with

monday and friday
    squats-bench-deads-military-barbel curl superset with skulls
    5sets each rep range 5-8

wed
    legpress--lat pulldowns--incline dumbel curl--upright rows--incline dumbel curl superset with close grip bench
    5 sets each rep range 8-12
    Stack:
    ultra whey pro
    creatine mono

bump

Ultimate Weight Shedder gottabecut's Avatar
    gottabecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottabecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottabecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottabecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottabecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottabecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottabecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottabecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottabecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottabecut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I plan on startin Rippetoe soon. If anyone has somehing to print out to track progress, I'd appreciate it. Thank.
    Starting weight 323
    Current weight 265

OH YEAH BABY!!!!!

BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cant anyone answer the question? Here is the program. If you want a printable version, copy and paste it to word.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

|\| has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So is this a strength or mass building program?

Registered User BillabongVolcom's Avatar
    BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Great mass building workout.

2-3 days a week. 1 set of each exercise till 'failure'.

Bench (10 reps)
    Chin-ups (10-12 reps)
    Overhead Press (10 reps)
    Pull-overs (10-12 reps)
    Bent-over Rows (10 reps)
    Dips (10-12 reps)
    Barbell Curls (10-12 reps)
    Squats (15 to 20 reps)
    I had all the normal teenage fantasies..cars, girls, money, blow. Then my parents left for a week, and all my fantasies came true!

Found it!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw52.htm

This is the one i was using atleast. Look ok?

edit: heres the actually logs, if for some reason you couldn't see them...
    Workout A:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/prin...name=Workout+A

Workout B:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/prin...name=Workout+B
    Last edited by Format; 12-10-2007 at 08:38 PM.

alienanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) alienanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) alienanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) alienanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) alienanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) alienanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) alienanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) alienanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) alienanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) alienanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) alienanton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by |\| View Post
    So is this a strength or mass building program?
    if you're eating, both.

AverageJoe71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BillabongVolcom View Post
    Great mass building workout.

2-3 days a week. 1 set of each exercise till 'failure'.

Bench (10 reps)
    Chin-ups (10-12 reps)
    Overhead Press (10 reps)
    Pull-overs (10-12 reps)
    Bent-over Rows (10 reps)
    Dips (10-12 reps)
    Barbell Curls (10-12 reps)
    Squats (15 to 20 reps)

Isnt that much like this one written up? http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitworkout.htm It looked very interesting to me, but would like to hear some feedback about it till I commit.

BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AverageJoe71 View Post
    Isnt that much like this one written up? http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitworkout.htm It looked very interesting to me, but would like to hear some feedback about it till I commit.
    Yes, that program would work as well. But, I wouldn't do 2/2 cadence, I would do 2/4 cadence (2 seconds up, 4 seconds lowering). Bring a notebook and always write everything down weight/reps, so next workout you know what you want to try to beat. You want to make each succeeding workout harder then the last by adding more weight or reps. You aren't going to get anywhere lifting the same weight week after week with a plethora of sets. And keep your workouts under 45 minutes, probably even shorter than that 20-30 minutes. You don't need alot of rest between exercises, just enough to get to it and load your weight on the bar.
    I had all the normal teenage fantasies..cars, girls, money, blow. Then my parents left for a week, and all my fantasies came true!

AverageJoe71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did it for the first time last night, I was wore out by the end, took me right at about 40-45 minutes, and next time it will go smoother, knowing where I need to go this time. And first time out some of my reps were a little high so will ad weight to what I logged. Till I get my reps down. Ohh and sorry Format for jacking your thread, your title said mass building workout so figured it was a good place to ask about this program.

Awesome. Keep reps in the 8-12 rep range. Once you can reach 10-12 add 5 lbs to the bar, and repeat process all over. Change exercises around every 8 weeks. You can either do Squats first or last. I usally do Squats last, and do your heaviest exercises first..So either Chest or Back first, then Shoulders, then Arms, then Legs. You want to make each workout harder, you don't want your muscles getting used to the same thing. That is why you strive for more reps/weight as much as possible. Don't worry about the pump, that doesn't mean anything for results. Don't look at your progress weekly, look at it monthly in your notebook, you will be stronger guaranteed!

Don't listen to magazines or what people at your gym say because your only doing 1 work set til failure.

Originally Posted by AverageJoe71 View Post
    Ohh and sorry Format for jacking your thread, your title said mass building workout so figured it was a good place to ask about this program.
    No problem man, I found what I was lookin for.