Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow.
    The Tag Team - I thought this one was over-stated by everyone, until I joined my latest gym. The team, as the name implies, is actually two guys working together to lift the same weight. This is almost always on the bench press, where one guy loads the bar up and his friend helps him pull every rep after the second one. I've even seen instances where a guy was helped on all of his reps. Rhetorical question time: If you need help to bench 400 lbs, do you really bench 400?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par10c.jpg

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par10.htm

Sorry bro but your a classic gym idiot.

KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Oldtime
    Wow.
    Sorry bro but your a classic gym idiot.
    How can you even SAY stuff like that? You make it seem like the kid is barely doing any of the weight at all. It doesn't make sense; we all saw the video. Just because a spotter's hands were there doesn't mean that he's deadlifting the weight off of the guy! That's obvious.. unless you think he's curling 405 pounds.. it's pretty obvious on the first rep he's not getting any help.. even if he is, it's not much.. CERTAINLY not enough to warrant what you said. Why not just give your criticism, say nice lift, and call it a day? Why do you have to resort to name calling? And YES, the original poster has also done the same, neither of which should have happened. Just try to show more maturity and tact than resorting to calling him an "idiot" and belittling his lift to seem like the spotter was deadlifting the weight off of him (which you KNOW is not the case).

son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up Let's understand this the proper way fellows!!!!!

Everybody is a critic...lol
    WTF is the big deal? The guy says he can do it without anybody touching the bar. He knows it and that's all that matters. Who the F**** is anybody else to doubt it? If he can't then whatever. I 'm sure the doubters have something better to do then spend half their day spitting hate.

If you did it legit then great job Syntax.

If you didn't then shame on you for fooling us.

Let the guy be and get in the gym. That's what this site is about right?
    I'll simply throw a compliment at the guy and say good lift. He knows the truth when he pushed that first rep up. I doubt any of you control life's did and did not's. That being said I will guess that none of us can determine the truth from a video or not. Sure he has became angry and attacked some of you, but he is in defense mode and that is just typical reaction when attacked. Let's leave the cat praises only and he'll kick his own ass if he's lying.
    MMA Fighter, Instructor, Personal Trainer, Strength and Conditioning coach, Fitness Guru

"Being a fighter is like having a car. You can have the best car in the world, but if you don't have any gas in it, it won't get you anywhere!"

Fujiwara

"The more I sweat on the mat the less I bleed in
    combat"

"Give me an inch and I'll take your foot"

"If you must prepare for them you are weak. You are strong when they must prepare for you"

Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    well im pretty over all this. I tought posting a video and getting positive comments would be a good thing, but most people are jealous. Its pretty funny that everytime i work out, i have people staring at me and some of the biggest guys at the gym say things when the military pressing like "see that huge guy there, i saw him doing 225 like a warm up" and an entire class in the fireman course (including the guy spotting me) envying about my lifts. So if i have an entire gym saying stuff like this, you would think atleast one person would know what there doing and say something negative right? Istarted working out at 6'0 160lbs, now im 6'3 almost 240, and been only working out 4 years, i must be doing something right

TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Syntax-101
    well im pretty over all this. I tought posting a video and getting positive comments would be a good thing, but most people are jealous. Its pretty funny that everytime i work out, i have people staring at me and some of the biggest guys at the gym say things when the military pressing like "see that huge guy there, i saw him doing 225 like a warm up" and an entire class in the fireman course (including the guy spotting me) envying about my lifts. So if i have an entire gym saying stuff like this, you would think atleast one person would know what there doing and say something negative right? Istarted working out at 6'0 160lbs, now im 6'3 almost 240, and been only working out 4 years, i must be doing something right
    There's that arrogence again. . . rearing its ugly head. You seem about as cocky as they come IMO bro. Maybe thats just my "jealousy" shining through though. Anyway, back to benching my 25's.

son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TurboGuy
    There's that arrogence again. . . rearing its ugly head. You seem about as cocky as they come IMO bro. Maybe thats just my "jealousy" shining through though. Anyway, back to benching my 25's.
    You could be right. He's been attacked though and sometimes in those situations arrogance can be mistaken for confidence. Especially when he's being attacked by doubters. Whether he did it or not. He knows the truth. Attacking anybody can bring worst out from them. Especially if he believes (or knows) he did it.

Let's give the guy a break and do our own thing.
    MMA Fighter, Instructor, Personal Trainer, Strength and Conditioning coach, Fitness Guru

"Being a fighter is like having a car. You can have the best car in the world, but if you don't have any gas in it, it won't get you anywhere!"

Fujiwara

combat"

"If you must prepare for them you are weak. You are strong when they must prepare for you"

n8trick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n8trick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n8trick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n8trick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n8trick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n8trick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n8trick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Seems strange that 30 year olds are attacking an 18 year old kid. He is very very strong. It was very impressive - tell him great job and leave it at that.
    aim: n8thegr8ohio

jfknet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not here to flame the kid who benched this because obviously he is hella strong and should be proud of his achievements. This is more to the people who think that when you spot someone you are lifting the weight. I used to lift with a bunch of first timers when I was in my mid 20's and some of them were not the most athletically gifted. Anyone that has ever spotted someone knows you can exert very little force, yes even as much as one finger on the bar and it will increase the lift on a big scale. I used to give out morale support to some of these new guys training by making them feel better about their lifts. I added 50+ pounds to their bench with a couple fingers and they never suspected a thing. I learned it's not a good thing to do though as I found one guy trying to do his max bench as reps without a spotter LOL. Anyway anyone who has ever tried to help a friends or partners ego when they're having a down day knows how easily it is done. Not saying it was or was not in this particular case, but you can do more then you think with just a pinky. All you're doing is keeping the bar in motion.

Originally Posted by n8trick
    Seems strange that 30 year olds are attacking an 18 year old kid. He is very very strong. It was very impressive - tell him great job and leave it at that.

Read my last three posts. I'm 30 guy, I'm not attacking him am I? Let's not play the age thing. That will just bring up a whole nother can of worms.

I just went through this whole thread and I see harder attacks coming from a 19 year old. I see many compliments by 30 year olds. Age plays no part in this. Let's not play that my friend.
    Last edited by 13fingers; 10-13-2005 at 08:53 AM.

Fujiwara

combat"

wilycoyote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wilycoyote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Incredible

IF YOU HAD POSTED A VIDEO OF YOU BENCHING 405 BY YOURSELF WITHOUT THE SPOTTER ALL OVER THE BAR YOU WOULD HAVE GOTTEN 100% PRAISE. NOT 1 PERSON WOULD HAVE DOUBTED OR HATED ON YOU. NO JEALOUSY. JUST PURE ADMIRATION. THIS GROUP LOVES TO SEE GUYS DO EXCEPTIONAL THINGS.

Instead you came up with every excuse in the book ahead of time about how hung over you were and had no sleep etc. So instead of having a bunch of admirers then you got some doubters. Then you made things far worse. You called us jealous. Jealous of what? This is a bodybuilding site not the glee club. All bodybuilders and weightlifters here. Its tough to BS a knowledgeable audience. You didnt do the lift. Plus many of the guys here can bench 405 OR MORE, so what do they have to be jealous about?

Your cockiness is because of your age and I try to remind myself of that. At this point it doesnt matter any more. Even if you posted a true lift youve poisoned the waters too badly here to get much support. Just continue doing the best you can but drop the attitude. No matter how strong you are I guarantee theres someone your age out there SOMEWHERE whos stronger. Around them your cocky attitude wouldnt fly.

TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by n8trick
    Is it age or strength descrimination here? Or perhaps it is the blatant arrogance displayed or perhaps that in the eyes of most of the "population" that would be considered an illegitimate lift.
    I don't desciminate against age, race, sex, strength size etc; whether Syn can BP 405 or not is irrelevant IMO, the point that I will argue and most are trying to convey is that specific recorded lift is not legit , and the issue is simply compounded with Syn's arrogance.

IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol wow this thread.......a bunch of haters wishing they were as strong as this 18 year old....Its a shame to see all of this jealously. The ones critizing him the most are the 6'0ft 155 lbs just trying to bench 200lbs.......all jealousy.

J-unit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-unit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-unit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-unit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-unit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-unit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-unit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-unit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-unit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-unit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-unit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This boils down to one thing, he claims a 405lb bench, but someones hands helped the bar up, therefore HE didn't do all the work. All this rambling by syntax just puts him in a bad light. Want praise? Do it without help and just a hand off. It's as simple as that.

I stated earlier, no way could I repeat what he just did, I'm not jealous, I choose not to focus on bench, instead I squat and do the olympic lifts.

ragnatang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ragnatang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ragnatang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ragnatang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ragnatang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ragnatang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ragnatang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ragnatang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ragnatang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ragnatang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ragnatang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well after a night of drinkiing and strippers last night im surprised i got 2 reps out of it. I know there will be alot of remarks to whatever but i think my form is pretty good, im not looking to do world records here just BB. I did 130's dumbells after for 6 also, but no video.

And he did help on the lockout on the second rep but owell, im feeling it thoe

http://rapidshare.de/files/6074278/MOV00211.MPG.html
    good potential but not a clean lift...send another video without spotter hands on bar and ass coming off the bench...
    'focus is the key'

Originally Posted by Mikesmaf
    lol wow this thread.......a bunch of haters wishing they were as strong as this 18 year old....Its a shame to see all of this jealously. The ones critizing him the most are the 6'0ft 155 lbs just trying to bench 200lbs.......all jealousy.
    You got it backwards. 6ft 200lbs trying to lift 155lbs. . . .

wilycoyote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wilycoyote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

LOL at douch#bag

Dumb as dirt. Heres the short version.

He outweighs me by 40 pounds. I outbench him by 40+ pounds legitimately.

And he's still an #ss. But not as big a moron as you are.

So where's the jealousy there. Its the outright stupidity that bothers me.

Thanks for opening your mouth and proving what a fool you are.

You and syntax should be good friends.

Originally Posted by Mikesmaf

soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no hate or anything, but I can't believe how many jokes there are on here hating on him.

If you guys notice, at the end of the 2nd rep the guy helps him rack it, notice his grip change, if he were helping him the whole way through, his grip would have looked like it did at the end of the 2nd rep. As said before, there is not signs of tension in the spotters forearms at all, if the spotter helped him, there would be.

I think you guys should all stop worrying about him, why does it affect your lives at all? why do you all feel the need to say neg things?

syn- you should try a pl-ing comp. You would do quite well.
    Throw Far. Throw Loud.

BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow... some of you guys are rediculous. He did 405 for two reps. Oh no the spotter was touching. Look at the spotter he wasnt struggling that much was he? If the spotter was even touching, which none of us here knows for sure, then what are you gonna do? Subtract what 10-20 lbs? Oh man he only benched 380... uh ohh. ONLY 380, what a pitty, a lift like that at 18 is damn horrible right guys? Guys stfu the lift was impressive and half the guys posting **** can't do that and perhaps will never be able to do that.

Great lift bro, keep up the great work,
    -BigNorg-
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep
    Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.

The most motivational log - http://tinyurl.com/BigNorg

IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Oldtime
    Wow. Sorry bro but your a classic gym idiot.
    Come on, I don't know how you can post stuff like this.

The Outsider is not very well liked. (-100) The Outsider is not very well liked. (-100) The Outsider is not very well liked. (-100) The Outsider is not very well liked. (-100) The Outsider is not very well liked. (-100) The Outsider is not very well liked. (-100) The Outsider is not very well liked. (-100) The Outsider is not very well liked. (-100) The Outsider is not very well liked. (-100) The Outsider is not very well liked. (-100) The Outsider is not very well liked. (-100)
    Ahahahahahaha! What the hell is this??
    That is without a doubt the slowest bench press I have ever seen. The spotters hand are practically glued to the bar. Haha I doubt all the people at the gym are jealous of you. You have a crap chest, ugly ass stretcmarks and your lifts are BS

anonymous
    post it again next chest day without a spotter and see what the reaction is.. I'm guessing you could get one rep solo which is one hell of an achievement for 18. gj

Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Gonna restate what some others have already said, but here is what I saw, and here is what I think:

1. Your ass came off of the bench on both reps.
    2. Your spotter helped you on both reps.

However, your spotter couldn't have taken that much weight off of your bench, so either way, you can lift some serious weight. Heck, be proud to bench anything above 275 at 18! I'm almost 22 and I'm still struggling with 205!

Just repost another video without a spotter's hands on the bar, and it's all good. Hell, his hands can be below the bar...just not touching it.
    The Chronicles of Gibblets
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=806401

Gibblets' Summer of Hell: Cutting Phase 2005
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=461571

paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good lift, I can only dream of lifting that much.

No need to post another vid, man. Some people can't see past their own ass to realize you did it....405 or 350 or even 300 are all impressive..the spotter to me didn't even support it until the very end. Lifting that much without any sort of spotter is RETARDED anyway.

You could post another video without the spotter but there will still be people here that say like:
    "Oh well your left leg was pushing so you cheated."
    "Your back arched a little bit, thats unimpressive."
    "405, oh please I can do 18 tons with one pinky finger."

Tyster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

screw the haters

lol I love how these 225 pound maxers talk so much ****. You did it and now your my new hero. Why do they think you look small your clearly bigger then the guy spotting you and hes pretty freaken big. Keep up the great work hope I never get in a fight against you lol

I just figured it out! All the you teens have not been educated in basic physics and mechanics. Thats it! You don't understand that even minute assistance of a few pounds at key points in a lift could be the different between maintaining momentum of the lift and completing it or hitting a sticking point and failure of the lift. I am such a bloody damn genius. I must have the biggest damn brain of any body in the world.

Oh and get it right bro, its not 225max its 165lbs. . . I appreciate you giving us credit when its not due, but don't want to claim anything we "old farts" cant lift.

Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000) Syntax-101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by The Outsider
    That is without a doubt the slowest bench press I have ever seen. The spotters hand are practically glued to the bar. Haha I doubt all the people at the gym are jealous of you. You have a crap chest, ugly ass stretcmarks and your lifts are BS

well stretch marks go away with tanning and creams, maybe not completly but pretty good. Ive seen your pics, and you look like a pretty big pussy. How fast do you think 405 go up at. His hands are not even touching the bar, there just there.

It makes it seem like everyone in here is godlike in the gym, perfect form, perfect diet, perfect genetics, if you have it all why are you still small
    Last edited by Syntax-101; 10-14-2005 at 07:48 AM.

Originally Posted by The Outsider
    That is without a doubt the slowest bench press I have ever seen.
    Not sure I understand that one either. . . slow and in control is the way to go, but then I would call his lift slow. Medium maybe but not slow.

eze232 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eze232 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eze232 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eze232 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eze232 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eze232 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eze232 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eze232 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Impressive lift, not many 18 year olds can even bench 250. Good for you. Is the lift legit. Who gives a crap, honestly? 405 is not the worls record, its not a small bench, so why do people find it necessary to waste thier time criticizing it? Good job for your max.

To be honest, if you wanna measure your true strength ON BENCH... put 225 on their and bench it for reps like the nfl combine workouts.

It would be impressive to see someone post a 40 rep 225.

Closed Thread