gizzer94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gizzer94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gizzer94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gizzer94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gizzer94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gizzer94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gizzer94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mental block on nutrition.. halp!

Ok,

I need some help from you guys on what my cal intake should be, how many prot, carbs, etc (although i still want to stay low carb cause I want to continue to lose weight)

Quick history..

Used to weigh 280 pounds, in the last year and some change I dropped to 198 as of Oct 8th... Most people say I don't look anywhere near 200 pounds, waist went from 46 to 34 jeans... I don't think I have much of a belly standing up.. but the kangaroo pouch sitting down pisses me off enuff into not eating enough cals.. I probably eat 1600-1800 a day.. no carbs.. I weight lift 5x a week but obviously the low cal is not giving me much strength or progress...

Below are some pics..

Maybe with ur opinion I can get over the mental state of eating = getting fat and maybe actually start putting on some decent muscle - I just don't wanna look like those guys that are big but are still fat... i want lean mass

my stats r 5'11 198 pounds...

how much cardio should I do a week to keep cutting but maintain and grow muscle? I'm in excellent cardio shape and I don't wanna lose it
    Attached Images

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good work taking off the weight.

I suggest 50min cardio per day, 6 days per week. Try doing some swimming as part of this, it targets all the muscle groups.

1600 calories is a little low, maybe add some cottage cheese, tuna/salmon, an apple to bring it up to 2000. Make sure you eat plenty of vegetables even if you are on low carb.
    And it may take up to a year to lose the excess skin, but you are not too bad.

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gizzer94
    how much cardio should I do a week to keep cutting but maintain and grow muscle? I'm in excellent cardio shape and I don't wanna lose it
    2-3 days of cardio is good for bulking yet maintaining cardio endurance. You don't have to go balls to the wall like when cutting.