CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10)

how realistic are my goals.

This is my first ever attempt at cutting. I started the end of november, i figured i'd get an early start because i'm gonna have to figure all this out. I'm trying to go from (skin caliper determined) 19% BF at 222 lbs to 10%, if not lower, by the end of march. So basically i'm trying to lose 10% BF in 3-4 months.

I've got the gist of things but of course i'm still fine tuning.

Is this a reasonable goal for my first time cutting?

The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CaptainSwole View Post
    This is my first ever attempt at cutting. I started the end of november, i figured i'd get an early start because i'm gonna have to figure all this out. I'm trying to go from (skin caliper determined) 19% BF at 222 lbs to 10%, if not lower, by the end of march. So basically i'm trying to lose 10% BF in 3-4 months.

I am not sure on how much muscle you have but in 3-4 months lets say 16 weeks.... (oh and with most cutting you WILL lose muscle mass. Best bet is to hit the Keto diet)

16 weeks x 3lbs (restricted) = 48 lbs.. This is doable and even healthy if done right. You are not subjecting yourself to lose skin so your results will be nice looking. Hope this helps motivate you and good luck.

Diet, training, how will you be 'cutting'?

Warning:AVA changed often madSano's Avatar
    madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50)

absolutely reasonable. If you are strict enough, and stay on top of things, you can do it..

what's you're diet/workout routine??
    take the good with the bad.

CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaptainSwole is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm doing rippetoes 3x a week, seems like i'm plateauing now that i'm on calorie restriction and doing 20 mins of cardio 4-6 times a week depending on schedule. (doing the cardio immediately after breakfast, lifting in the afternoon) I'm figuring out the whole diet thing, Currently i'm just about living off of boneless skinless chicken breast, tuna, fat-free cottage cheese, tomato soup, sweet potatoes, and flax based cereals. I'm aiming at 50/30/20 (i often eat more like 40/40/10). trying to spread it over 6 meals a day. Always eat immediately when i wake, and right before bed. Eating every 3 hours at least. I guess i'm gonna pick up some flax and fish oil to get my fat levels up where they should be, and in the healthiest way possible.

to get an idea of my muscle mass, i'm benching 215x5, squating 275x5, deadlifting 305x5. and at 222lbs at 19% BF i have roughly 180 lbs of lean muscle mass. I guess i'd like to get to 10% BF at 200 lbs and start clean bulking (last time i went all out, no plan, just eat huge steaks and globs of Whey every 3 hours)

Warning:AVA changed often madSano's Avatar
    madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up 3 thumbs up

I'm doing rippetoes 3x a week, seems like i'm plateauing now that i'm on calorie restriction and doing 20 mins of cardio 4-6 times a week depending on schedule. (doing the cardio immediately after breakfast, lifting in the afternoon) I'm figuring out the whole diet thing, Currently i'm just about living off of boneless skinless chicken breast, tuna, fat-free cottage cheese, tomato soup, sweet potatoes, and flax based cereals. I'm aiming at 50/30/20 (i often eat more like 40/40/10). trying to spread it over 6 meals a day. Always eat immediately when i wake, and right before bed. Eating every 3 hours at least. I guess i'm gonna pick up some flax and fish oil to get my fat levels up where they should be, and in the healthiest way possible.

to get an idea of my muscle mass, i'm benching 215x5, squating 275x5, deadlifting 305x5. and at 222lbs at 19% BF i have roughly 180 lbs of lean muscle mass. I guess i'd like to get to 10% BF at 200 lbs and start clean bulking (last time i went all out, no plan, just eat huge steaks and globs of Whey every 3 hours)
    man, you got everything on spot!

unsure about the eating RIGHT before bed, might wanna give yourself time to digest.. otherwise, your goal is reasonable and good and you got all the right information.

you'll do great.

MS
    take the good with the bad.

Studly. Manly. Tough. powerstripe89's Avatar
    powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah very possible, and now that i realize thats possible i know that ive given myself almost too much time to cut to 9% BF, started cutting in mid october and i wanted to get there by june, and i started at like 22% BF lol, atleast i know ill make it!
    My success is achieved by reaching failure. When I can't do one more rep, that's when I've succeeded.

Forever cutting.