Steve25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

EAS creatine orange flavor... citric acid! AH!

OK, I bought EAS HP Creatine Plus (same thing as Phos****en, just changed name) and I noticed on the back label it has "citric acid" in it... my guess is from the 'orange' taurine flavor or something.

The controversy in my head is that, I just read, that citric acid like in orange when mixed with creatine causes creatinine, which is a waste product, unuseable for the body.

Is this bad? Then again, why would EAS sell a product like that? They aren't that dumb right?

I mix it with water and drink it immediately, so maybe that limits the breakdown caused by the citric acid in the drink mix.

Any input is appreciated, I just want to make sure this stuff will work, or else I'm not going to waste time on it! Once again, the product is EAS HP Creatine Plus/ EAS Phosphogen in Orange flavor.

Thanks,
    Steve

bbott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have not heard about citric acid cause creatine to turn to creatinine. I can assure you, if that were true EAS and many other brands would not put citric acid in their creatine mixes.

Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone that tells you citric acid does anything negative to creatine is simply not using common sense. Citric acid is pretty weak compared to the acids in you digestive tract, and this does nothing or at least very little to creatine.
    "Building muscle is a science, and as such must have conclusions brought through by scientific, technical, methodical, and exact means...not by hearsay, gossip, and unfounded information. " - Younggunz
    "This is a matter of science -- your feelings mean **** all." -Par
    "You are my bitch." - BigCat

Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Also, create becomes creatinine when it has prolonged exposer to moisture. This takes time as well.
    "Building muscle is a science, and as such must have conclusions brought through by scientific, technical, methodical, and exact means...not by hearsay, gossip, and unfounded information. " - Younggunz
    "This is a matter of science -- your feelings mean **** all." -Par
    "You are my bitch." - BigCat