Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sasha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question More muscles than your boyfriend???

The female bodybuilding section here is cool, very open-minded people.

So, as a guy I would like to ask mainly the women, if they have experiences
    with relationships, in which the female is more muscular than the male?
    Would you rather avoid those situations, or do you even like it?

For my part I know both situations, being physically stronger or weaker.
    Once I was together with a female bodybuilder, for her it was absolutely no
    problem (at least I had a few muscles as well).

So what do you think?
    My pictures:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=35981[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=35978[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=36960[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=43801[/url]

Mens sana in corpore sano - sane mind in a
    healthy body

Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Personaly I wouldnt want my partner to be smaller than me.
    "People do not lack strength, they lack will."

Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My husband is a bit taller than I am, but strength wise we're about the same. I like it. We don't have one of those relationships where the man feels like he always needs to do things for the woman, protect her, or God forbid "take care of her." When there's any kind of physical work to be done like digging around in the yard, unloading heavy objects, etc., we share in it equally instead of him doing most or all of it. If the car breaks down, I'm just as likely to be the one pushing as the one steering. That might bother some people, but I like it.

little person syndrome sillyvent's Avatar
    sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would never date a guy smaller than me!!
    Tiny but mighty

barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump Sillyvent - I would also NEVER date a guy that is smaller than me. First if he were shorter than me - he would be classified as a midget. Second I don't want to feel like if I were to sit in his lap and cuddle up to him - that I may squash him! Third I would hate to think that if we were walking down the street - I may have to beat the mugger up

Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by barnetjs
    Bump Sillyvent - I would also NEVER date a guy that is smaller than me. First if he were shorter than me - he would be classified as a midget. Second I don't want to feel like if I were to sit in his lap and cuddle up to him - that I may squash him! Third I would hate to think that if we were walking down the street - I may have to beat the mugger up
    lmao
    I wanted to write the midget thing too, but decided not too. Great minds think alike I supose
    "People do not lack strength, they lack will."

Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    True. I don't know if I could date a guy shorter than me since I'm 5'3". . . if I were a tall woman I don't think it would bother me, though.

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't care.

bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bellisima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i gotta have a guy with a bit of muscles- hopefully bigger biceps than me.

Originally Posted by Bootysweat!
    Personaly I wouldnt want my partner to be smaller than me.
    The guy can be taller, but it doesn't necessarily mean that he is stronger
    or more muscular.
    The question is more like "Does a woman, who likes to bodybuild, prefer
    a bodybuilding partner as well?"
    For example I had the experience, that the relationship strong woman -
    weaker guy (more in comparison to the woman than to other guys in my
    age) wasn't that easy to live in our society. It was a good and emotional
    relationship though, which ended due to problems which exist in a
    million of other relationships, not due to the physical difference (at the end
    of the relationship I was probably even stronger than her, because I was
    finally more dedicated to bodybuilding as well).

Your opinions would interest me
    My pictures:

healthy body

VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I like guys who are taller then me but strength wise..I dont really care.

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sasha
    "Does a woman, who likes to bodybuild, prefer
    a bodybuilding partner as well?"
    Now that's a whole different question. In THIS case, the answer is yes, because he'd understand stuff about the lifestyle, wouldn't ask stupid questions and wouldn't be absolutely clueless about the entire matter. But it's really the same reasoning to why would a piano player most probably rather date a musician than a rocket scientist or a sailor, 'sgot nothing to do with looks.

Pink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bellisima
    i gotta have a guy with a bit of muscles- hopefully bigger biceps than me.
    Definately I will not date a guy with smaller arms than me! But otherwise, I really don't care, just as long as some type of fitness is a part of his lifestyle. If he doesn't care about himself, how can I?
    Keep it real
    Pink

LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't have a preference, I wouldn't pass up a guy that was super cool because he was smaller or weaker physically...the guy I'm currently with is smaller and weaker but he's a cutie and he's good in ...... so it works out!

Crackfest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crackfest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crackfest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Is this ok?

Originally Posted by Crackfest
    Is this ok?

Depends on what FOR. It's OK for a poster above the bed (and not even for that, he looks dumber than Bush. I'd rather have Labrada.) It's also OK for a 1-nighter - heck, it has a penis and it seems clean.As for dating, I - and most women - need much more info than a dumb picture... would be nice if you baby boys would finally realise it.
    Last edited by TurbulentFluid; 10-10-2005 at 03:14 AM.

Originally Posted by Pink
    Definately I will not date a guy with smaller arms than me! But otherwise, I really don't care, just as long as some type of fitness is a part of his lifestyle. If he doesn't care about himself, how can I?
    Yes, it's difficult, when one person likes to bodybuild and the other person
    doesn't care at all. For this sport you need so much discipline and
    dedication, without any support the relationship won't probably work.

But on the other hand, imagine this situation:
    Let's say, a guy is sitting with a woman in a cafeteria. Both wear normal jeans and a T-shirt. He started to workout lately and she is already into competitive bodybuilding...
    Would you like to be in her situation?
    My pictures:

healthy body

LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Let's say, a guy is sitting with a woman in a cafeteria. Both wear normal jeans and a T-shirt. He started to workout lately and she is already into competitive bodybuilding...

NO! but i'd love to be in his

best,
    ~lifer
    They ARE who we THOUGHT they were.....

Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I never thought I'd date a bodybuilder, OR someone who isn't tall. My boyfriend is my height and it turns out, that's perfect! As far as dating someone non-muscular...nope, never again, I've been spoiled by the muscles! Tho, I don't have plans to ever lose this bf & have to look for another! (awwwww....)

If the answer was "no", I'd ask myself the following:

1. Are you indeed THAT shallow?
    2. Will you let others run your life for you, and actually CARE about the "proper" image of a "boyfriend" who MUST be taller, stronger and bigger than you because that's what OTHERS say it should be?
    3. What the heck is your problem!? You're dating a PERSON, not "190 cm" or "abs". Did you forget dates are NOT a fashion asset you carry around!?!

I mean, I've been around a few guys just for kicks, and I'm not interested in anything "serious" now either, but if I had a check-sheet containing what OTHERS make out are "proper" dimensions my boyfriend should have (height, weight, bf%, bench press max), I'd be VERY worried about my mental health.

May I ask you a question, Sasha? How old are you (bot honestly)?
    Last edited by TurbulentFluid; 10-10-2005 at 03:00 PM.

Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My boyfriend is slightly shorter than me and I am quite a bit stronger but I am a competitive powerlifter and he doesn't work out. He does do a lot of physical work and heavy lifting with his job though. He installs sound and lighting in nightclubs and some of that equipment is quite heavy.

Neither of us have a 'problem' with me being stronger. He loves me for who I am and vice versa. It's who we are as complete human beings that matters most to us, not one simple aspect.
    Retired strongwoman and powerlifter. Now living for God!
    www.ausdisciples.com

* My posts prior to Nov 2008 do not reflect my new-found faith in Christ. I became Christian in Nov 2008.

No More Guess-timates Ms. Highside's Avatar
    Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I couldn't be with a guy who wasn't stronger then me.

My BF doesn't work out at all... but he's still stronger then me, so it's okay.
    www.AOL scanner.com

little person syndrome sillyvent's Avatar
    sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Crackfest
    Is this ok?

yes!
    Tiny but mighty

jemtwist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think I prefer a man that can throw me around (in a fun way not abusive) and pick me up and carry me. One of my favorite things are piggy backs so, if he can't hold me, thats bad (I'm not big at all.... everyone tells me I look 110 soaking wet....) And its not a shallow thing, its just instinct to seek a strong man. It's in your genes!

Originally Posted by TurbulentFluid
    If the answer was "no", I'd ask myself the following:

1. Are you indeed THAT shallow?
    2. Will you let others run your life for you, and actually CARE about the "proper" image of a "boyfriend" who MUST be taller, stronger and bigger than you because that's what OTHERS say it should be?
    3. What the heck is your problem!? You're dating a PERSON, not "190 cm" or "abs". Did you forget dates are NOT a fashion asset you carry around!?!

I mean, I've been around a few guys just for kicks, and I'm not interested in anything "serious" now either, but if I had a check-sheet containing what OTHERS make out are "proper" dimensions my boyfriend should have (height, weight, bf%, bench press max), I'd be VERY worried about my mental health.

May I ask you a question, Sasha? How old are you (bot honestly)?

Thanks Turbulent Fluid for your direct way of asking.

As a teen I had situations as I described in the thread a lot of times.
    My girlfriend was two years older than me and competed in bodybuilding.
    She was not only a bodybuilder, but a very nice person, that's why I liked
    her. I was interesting for her as well, although I was not really a BB fanatic
    (at least in the beginning).
    So you see TF, we both weren't shallow at all.
    The problem was, that the society in the eighties' didn't really accept
    female bodybuilding, so you can imagine, that it wasn't so easy to live
    this relationship (people in public places were staring at her first than at me...). Yes, we tried not to give a s... for what other people say or think,
    but especially in this age, it's not always so easy.

By the way, I'm now 20 years older, I have a very nice relationship
    (not to a bodybuilder) and have just started again to bodybuild for myself.
    And because it's lifestyle for me again, I am not only interested in
    training, nutrition, but also in questions like "Is female bodybuilding now more
    accepted than in former times?".
    This thread has already given me an overview. Would like to read more
    points of view.
    Thanks to all again.
    My pictures:

healthy body

Pink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, it's difficult, when one person likes to bodybuild and the other person
    doesn't care at all. For this sport you need so much discipline and
    dedication, without any support the relationship won't probably work.

But on the other hand, imagine this situation:
    Like I said, it doesn't really matter to me. I like to eat right and exercise. My idea of a fun Saturday is a 50 mile bike ride, so I need a man who can keep up. As long as the guy is taking care of himself I don't care if he does it by playing racquet ball. Really I want a man who treats me right, biceps don't much matter.
    Keep it real
    Pink

Originally Posted by Pink
    Really I want a man who treats me right, biceps don't much matter.

Bingo!!!!!

I know you asked for "other" opinions, but I'll dog you a bit more, no matter what... If it's true you're in Czech, than the situation in my country (Croatia) is much more simmilar to the one in Checz... No it's not well accepted, and as always, female bb-ers are more prone to be put down by other women than by men. It's female m.o. I think.

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sillyvent
    I would never date a guy smaller than me!!

i'm 10 cm (4 inches) taller than my hubby and on heels i'm 20 cm taller.
    that's not what i married him for although if we fight i can hit him from above.
    that's a huge avantage girls.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Originally Posted by TurbulentFluid
    I know you asked for "other" opinions, but I'll dog you a bit more, no matter what... If it's true you're in Czech, than the situation in my country (Croatia) is much more simmilar to the one in Checz... No it's not well accepted, and as always, female bb-ers are more prone to be put down by other women than by men. It's female m.o. I think.
    Hi, I have just written you a short message, so we can talk a little about
    Croatia and the Czech Republic, if you want.

The main thing is, that all you girls can be proud of what you're doing,
    it really doesn't matter what others might think.
    Muscles are not only for men!
    My pictures:

healthy body