CutItUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question My Chest cracks or pops, what's this?

Hi, my name is Daniel and this is my first post.
    I have a question, quite often my lower chest will crack/pop, i have no idea what this? is anybody know?? thanks...

kewld00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what u need 2 do is push yourself more and apply more strain on your shoulders, also try 2 cut down on protein a bit, u may be oversleeping. so i sugest a 1 week fast with no sleep and only train your chest all week (1000 reps 50 times a day for a week) that should stop the popping

Talking

lol! Was any of that serious? Anyone else?

Bounty Killer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1000 reps 50 times a day?? LOL

Just try to warm up good and try stretch exercises and if that does not work go to a dokter.

Well its not when i am working out, it could happen anytime, but it happens most when i am on a off training day, or about 4 hours after work out, its a loud pop too........I dont even try to crack it thats the funny thing, somtimes when i am stretching or just out of the blue....

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)

Question Re: My Chest cracks or pops, what's this?

Originally posted by CutItUp
    Hi, my name is Daniel and this is my first post.
    I have a question, quite often my lower chest will crack/pop, i have no idea what this? is anybody know?? thanks...
    Can you give more information please??

Like, is there a certain movement or position that makes it crack?

Where exactly are you talking about...in the middle, on the ribs, on the breastbone?

How often does it do this??
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

It pops between the breastbone and the middle of my chest, usually when i lean back or throw my shoulders back, it happens about once a day. thanks

Dabum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dabum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dabum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dabum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dabum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dabum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dabum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dabum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dabum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dabum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dabum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You might be dislocating your shoulder and popping it back in. Or a slipped disk. Any past injuries? what movements trigger this?

If your benching and this is happening I strongly suggest stopping and doing DB presses.

kewld00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

dude, if he was dislocating his shoulder and popping it in again he'd know about it,trust me it hurts like F*ck

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile

OK then....probably a sticky joint in the thoracic area...right where the rib joins the spine. It will do that with the movement you described...makes a sound like cracking your knuckles. It is a similar thing. The vibration travels along the rib and you feel it near or at the sternum.

It may be the same thing happening where a rib joins the breastbone.

Usually it is indicative of some lack of flexibility in the area, and is best served by some thoracic extension exercises, such as placing a towel on the floor and lying on it for a couple of minutes with the towel positioned across your shoulder blades.
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Actually I have this problem too... and it cracks down the dead center of my sternum. I can feel the pop so I know it's down the center... if you sleep wrong (happened to me) you might wake up with the worst sternum pain ever.

Sol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mine pops too. Its normal. If I throw my head or shoulders back sometimes it does it.

Aerian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi

i get this same thing, a loud POP from the centre of the chest when rolling my sholders back sometimes

try concentrateing on sitting up straight and not hunching(if u do that is), this helped sudue it for me a bit

Since we're talking about cracking. Is is ok to regularly crack your back?

midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    chest happens to me alot too lower left at the bottom rib

cracking anything is bad over time it wears down cartilage and causes arthiritis

A healthy back does not crack, nor do most any other healthy joints! If they crack, they are usually stiff. In young guys, especially those who do weight-training, there is often tightness and this leads to stiffness and cracking. Work on your flexibility and good posture!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Can you give me a stretch routine?

Because sometimes when I crack my back it feels like its having an orgasm.

LAXmatt0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAXmatt0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAXmatt0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAXmatt0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAXmatt0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAXmatt0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAXmatt0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAXmatt0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAXmatt0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAXmatt0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAXmatt0473 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you might be growing or something i have that same problem in my knees happens every so often though some one said its just growing to fast or soemting

thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by kewld00d
    what u need 2 do is push yourself more and apply more strain on your shoulders, also try 2 cut down on protein a bit, u may be oversleeping. so i sugest a 1 week fast with no sleep and only train your chest all week (1000 reps 50 times a day for a week) that should stop the popping
    pic says it all
    Attached Images
    I rape back.
    If you were half as good as me you'd be close to perfection.
    "Shortcuts are for pussies. You need to work your ass off." - Brock Lesnar

Who can recommend a good stretch routine. I can REALLY use one right now. Im tempted to crack my back...

Usually need to stretch pecs and lats especially.

Try www.exrx.net for pics and descriptions of stretches
    www.thegymphysio.com.au