Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Count me in. There will never be a time so extraordinary as the Golden Era. When I see the photos of the 70's bodybuilders I am so inspired to workout hard. No offense, but today's era turns me off completely. The pros look so "synthetic" and non-natural, imo.

Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    boring06 great collection of photos, thank you for sharing.
    PWA

russianbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) russianbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) russianbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) russianbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) russianbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) russianbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) russianbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) russianbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) russianbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) russianbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) russianbeast is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Mango7 View Post
    Count me in. There will never be a time so extraordinary as the Golden Era. When I see the photos of the 70's bodybuilders I am so inspired to workout hard. No offense, but today's era turns me off completely. The pros look so "synthetic" and non-natural, imo.
    Amen to that. Honestly, that era seemed so sick! Life overall just looked like it was more fun back then, with all the photos of arnold and franco on the beach working out and chillin with random girls. The physiques look god-like and are ridiculously motivational.
    IMHO bodybuilding needs to bring the whole "golden era look" back, and do sort of a "renaissance". Sure the physiques are freakier, but the aesthetic side is virtually gone, bodybuilding has become nothing more than a bunch of men filled with voluptuous HGH guts walking around stage wearing little thongs...
    just my 2 cents...

BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BYRONPETERSON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The sad fact is fellas that for some reason everyone thinks we want to see pros walking round looking like a fridge , when in reality 90% feel the way we do . I think the classic lines and classic physiques might never come back because what pro would have the balls to bring it on stage ? The closest at the moment is that russian guy cant think of his name . Thing is you need a high profile pro to bring it back to normal , I think we may just have to admire what it was like in the 70s and hope it changes for the better .
    WarPig

Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000) Mango7 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by russianbeast View Post
    Amen to that. Honestly, that era seemed so sick! Life overall just looked like it was more fun back then, with all the photos of arnold and franco on the beach working out and chillin with random girls. The physiques look god-like and are ridiculously motivational.
    IMHO bodybuilding needs to bring the whole "golden era look" back, and do sort of a "renaissance". Sure the physiques are freakier, but the aesthetic side is virtually gone, bodybuilding has become nothing more than a bunch of men filled with voluptuous HGH guts walking around stage wearing little thongs...
    just my 2 cents...
    Thank you for stating that so succinctly. What about all the guido tans too?!
    Hopefully, things will come back to the natural look that was omnipresent in the 70's.

kevininlondon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Reuben Martin

Hi Guys

I am looking for any pictures any of you may have of my father... He was not only a great body builder but also weightlifter and acrobat.. in fact the day he died he was doing flag outs on a rope and horizontal planches.. Also for you all to know he was totally against the use of steroids etc.. his first words on meeting Arnie was in fact one word Chemical ?.. In advance I would like to thank you. Warm regards Kevin in London

golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000) golfpunk1985 is a complete loser! (-2000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by BYRONPETERSON View Post
    The sad fact is fellas that for some reason everyone thinks we want to see pros walking round looking like a fridge , when in reality 90% feel the way we do . I think the classic lines and classic physiques might never come back because what pro would have the balls to bring it on stage ? The closest at the moment is that russian guy cant think of his name . Thing is you need a high profile pro to bring it back to normal , I think we may just have to admire what it was like in the 70s and hope it changes for the better .
    Worst post ever, not everyone feels the same as you. You say 90% of people feel the way you do? LMAO, where do you pull a stat like that from? If I said "90% of people feel the way I do", would that make it true?

Those guys didn't train their legs enough, their legs and back were nowhere near as developed. Professional bodybuilding stooped to an all-time low in the nineties throughout dorian's olympia reign, then picked up in the late 90's with Ronnie's first couple of olympia victories, then went downhill FAST in the 2000's (when ronnie and jay were battling it out for the olympia).

After all the incredible progress that has been made by bodybuilders like Kai Greene, you come into a bodybuilding forum and say you want the sport to regress back to the state that it was in in the 70's? You should be ashamed of yourself. The reality is, Kai would destroy all the bodybuilders from the golden era, in terms of both mass and aesthetics. He has a much more balanced physique, better proportions, and more detail.

This sport was going to hell in a handbasket before Kai hit the scene, and he brought it back from the brink!

gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kevininlondon View Post
    Hi Guys

I am looking for any pictures any of you may have of my father... He was not only a great body builder but also weightlifter and acrobat.. in fact the day he died he was doing flag outs on a rope and horizontal planches.. Also for you all to know he was totally against the use of steroids etc.. his first words on meeting Arnie was in fact one word Chemical ?.. In advance I would like to thank you. Warm regards Kevin in London
    whos your father?

Nonerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's my Pappy Joe!!! <3

Originally Posted by boring06 View Post
    Jr. Mr. America Joe Lauriano

Nonerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's my Pappy Joe!! <3

Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glenn Gould has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by boring06 View Post

Wylf Sylvester

I could see this guy being very competitive in the IFBB today with those genetics. He'd have to "adjust" his methods of course.