Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Craig01 is just really nice. (+1000) Craig01 is just really nice. (+1000) Craig01 is just really nice. (+1000) Craig01 is just really nice. (+1000) Craig01 is just really nice. (+1000) Craig01 is just really nice. (+1000) Craig01 is just really nice. (+1000) Craig01 is just really nice. (+1000) Craig01 is just really nice. (+1000) Craig01 is just really nice. (+1000) Craig01 is just really nice. (+1000)

Why does the second day hurt so much worse?

I can admit that lately I have been neglecting my leg workouts. I went and worked my legs Tues night, and I could barely walk to the bathroom this morning. So why does it always hurt the second day more than the first day after a really good workout?

Bertz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bertz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bertz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bertz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bertz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bertz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bertz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bertz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bertz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bertz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bertz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good question, I would also like to know. I lifted last night and I feel good this morning but tomorrow is another lifting day and Its going to hurt.

Silly Rabbit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Silly Rabbit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Silly Rabbit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Silly Rabbit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Silly Rabbit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Silly Rabbit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Silly Rabbit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Silly Rabbit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Silly Rabbit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Silly Rabbit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Silly Rabbit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Stfu And Squat!
    Stats:
    23 y/o
    6'3
    371 lbs.
    10~ bf%
    Lifting for 7 years now, currently bulking.

PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit tbomb's BodySpace
    i'm by no means an expert on this type of stuff, but i dont think DOMS is necessarily related to lactic acid.
    i represent angry, gun-toting, meat-eating ****ing people!

PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PURE_ENERGY has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by tbomb
    i'm by no means an expert on this type of stuff, but i dont think DOMS is necessarily related to lactic acid.
    Man! I suggest you take silly rabbits advise

resU deretsigeR fkn_give_me_abs's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 182 lbs
    BodyPoints: 26017
    fkn_give_me_abs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) fkn_give_me_abs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) fkn_give_me_abs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) fkn_give_me_abs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) fkn_give_me_abs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) fkn_give_me_abs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) fkn_give_me_abs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) fkn_give_me_abs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) fkn_give_me_abs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) fkn_give_me_abs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) fkn_give_me_abs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit fkn_give_me_abs's BodySpace
    something about lactic acid build up in your muscles?

not sure i only have grade 12 PE under my belt :S
    i'm a real boy!

Stats: 6'2", 210 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9309
    dudeguy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dudeguy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dudeguy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dudeguy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dudeguy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dudeguy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dudeguy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dudeguy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dudeguy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dudeguy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dudeguy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit dudeguy's BodySpace
    Yes, it is DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). I don't know why or how it works but I know that it means you thouroughly blasted whichever muscle is hurtin you and you should pat yourself on that back for it.

ninja the kid is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ninja the kid is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ninja the kid is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ninja the kid is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ninja the kid is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ninja the kid is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ninja the kid is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ninja the kid is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ninja the kid is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ninja the kid is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ninja the kid is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    better than bein chris reeves, son.

tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tbomb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit tbomb's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by dudeguy
    it means you thouroughly blasted whichever muscle is hurtin you and you should pat yourself on that back for it.
    it doesnt necessarily mean that. there are LOTS of reasons/causes for DOMS - it doesnt always mean that you had a good workout. you could have had a good workout without getting sore; you also could have had a crappy workout and still gotten sore. rest, diet, etc are also integral in a discussion about DOMS.

a lot of the guys in the exercise forum will know much more about this.

Visit tbomb's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by PURE_ENERGY
    Man! I suggest you take silly rabbits advise
    thanks for your concern tuesday was leg day, and i did as many squats (back & zercher) as my messed back would allow me to do before i had to resort to the leg press.

PolishChamp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PolishChamp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PolishChamp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PolishChamp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PolishChamp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PolishChamp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PolishChamp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PolishChamp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PolishChamp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PolishChamp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PolishChamp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    For the same reason, that when you drink and stiff that whale from the club, you feel hungover, and a deep dark feeling the next day.

BodyPoints: 4423
    DTRG is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DTRG is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DTRG is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DTRG is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DTRG is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DTRG is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DTRG is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DTRG is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DTRG is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DTRG is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DTRG is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit DTRG's BodySpace
    lactic acid is the IMMEDIATE soreness you feel when doing anaerobic exercise. lactic acid is the biproduct of your cells creating atp when demand is high (ie-lifting weights). anaerobic exercise occurs when you cant supply oxygen to the muscles fast enough. otherwise, its aerobic and you are getting plenty of oxygen so cells dont have to go thru the "emergency" atp production cycle. thats the basics of it anyway.

doms is just your muscles healing as far as i know. when you contract or use a muscle when its sore, it hurts right? well i see it like this: when you have a cut on your finger and you have to USE your finger for something, it still hurts until the cut is healed right? well same thing: the muscle is going to hurt until the fibers are healed.

thats how i understand it anyway.

Stats: 6'1", 192 lbs
    BodyPoints: 49843
    sword_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sword_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sword_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sword_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sword_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sword_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sword_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sword_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sword_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sword_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sword_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit sword_'s BodySpace
    Vitamin C generally helps me reduce soreness, but this week man..I don't think I got enough sleep or something (although I feel well rested). I worked my legs on tuesday and my legs still hurt ;\ . Legs take the longest to recover for me.
    Athletic Edge Nutrition Online & South Texas Territory Rep
    sword@aenutrition.com

Buy Intrabolic, Get a 10-serving of LIV Weight Loss for Free! http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/athletic-edge-nutrition/intrabolic.html

Misc Strength Crew Founder.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152322393

MMA brah

Σ B.A.P.F.L Σ

Masculist #1

Visit tbomb's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by sword_
    I worked my legs on tuesday and my legs still hurt ;\ . Legs take the longest to recover for me.
    same here. i've never had a leg workout that i didnt get ridiculously sore from, and it's always at least 2 days of soreness.

You're a tiger, ARRRRGH! GarethCheeseman's Avatar
    GarethCheeseman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarethCheeseman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarethCheeseman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarethCheeseman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarethCheeseman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarethCheeseman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarethCheeseman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarethCheeseman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarethCheeseman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarethCheeseman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarethCheeseman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't know the science of it but it would make sense that the day after your body will be in a state of repair and so the soreness will be your bodys way of telling you to take it easy while it gets the job done
    "Yeah, and I'm a Dutchman"

Stats: 6'2", 210 lbs
    BodyPoints: 7124
    PaHulkster has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PaHulkster has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PaHulkster has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PaHulkster has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PaHulkster has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PaHulkster has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PaHulkster has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PaHulkster has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PaHulkster has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PaHulkster has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) PaHulkster has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit PaHulkster's BodySpace
    Leg soreness lasts days for me. If I do legs more than once a week I will be pretty immobile.

user23960508710789 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) user23960508710789 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) user23960508710789 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) user23960508710789 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) user23960508710789 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) user23960508710789 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) user23960508710789 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) user23960508710789 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) user23960508710789 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) user23960508710789 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) user23960508710789 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I never feel a thing the next day, the second and third day is when the pain hits. Esp. in the calves, the day after they aren't even sore but the second day WHOA, i can barely walk

Stats: 6'1", 184 lbs
    BodyPoints: 18509
    Spuddy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Spuddy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Spuddy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Spuddy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Spuddy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Spuddy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Spuddy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Spuddy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Spuddy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Spuddy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Spuddy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Spuddy's BodySpace
    i notice this on chest day. the day after, my pecs dont hurt too too bad, but the 2nd day after they are worse. the third day im back to normal though

Stats: 5'7", 240 lbs
    BodyPoints: 4657
    Flex500 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Flex500 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Flex500 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Flex500 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Flex500 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Flex500 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Flex500 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Flex500 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Flex500 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Flex500 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Flex500 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Flex500's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by fkn_give_me_abs
    something about lactic acid build up in your muscles?

not sure i only have grade 12 PE under my belt :S

lactic acid is gone long long before that. its DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).

daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you want to avoid pain then don't do slow reps, particularly slow negatives cause huge DOMS.
    "We know Burns has the trillion dollar bill somewhere in his house, but all we've been able to ascertain from satellite photos is that it's not on the roof".

www.daninthemix.com