Registered User fightclubmember's Avatar
    fightclubmember has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question American History X workout??

Edward Norton is a pretty skinny guy in his movies, but how did he bulk up like he did for American History X? Does anyone know? Someone please find it out for me. It would help a lot. thanks

celticman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) celticman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) celticman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) celticman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) celticman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fightclubmember
    Edward Norton is a pretty skinny guy in his movies, but how did he bulk up like he did for American History X? Does anyone know? Someone please find it out for me. It would help a lot. thanks
    He eat more food than usual and used weights.

Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fightclubmember
    Uh, how 'bout you find it yourself. Jeez, lazy kids these days.

You have to realize that actors have a lot of resources at their expense. They have trainers, chefs, money, and time. I'm sure like the guy before me said, all he had to do was eat better and train with weights, Add in the fact that he had all of these resources available, I'm sure that helped.

Plus, yeah he appeared "big" for Edward Norton, but he wasn't "bulked up" as you put it. Just add a little shoulder and chest mass to a skinny frame and you appear "big."

At 16 you might wanna start to realize that the iron game is one of patience. The workout he did for American History X isn't gonna answer your prayers.

Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Still a good movie though As was fight club.
    "9 Out of 10 Americans Do not get eat enough whole grain"....

...Making up for the other 9 since 2004

"May the weights fall softly upon your shoulders, and your goals rest easy upon your back"

Disclaimer:

The truth may shock you.

bulldoggg03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    EAT.............SLEEP............LIFT LIFT LIFT..........
    And you have to make it a way of life....YOu cant just workout for three months take 6 months off blah blah. Edward Norton got paid to workout.....and am willing to bet he was in the gym everyday. Its nice to want to look like a celeb but not acting on it will get you no where...He didnt do any special workout he just straight up lifted...

WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bulldoggg03
    EAT.............SLEEP............LIFT LIFT LIFT..........
    And you have to make it a way of life....YOu cant just workout for three months take 6 months off blah blah. Edward Norton got paid to workout.....and am willing to bet he was in the gym everyday. Its nice to want to look like a celeb but not acting on it will get you no where...He didnt do any special workout he just straight up lifted...
    with the healthiest food and best personal trainers money can buy no doubt :P normal people like us arent going to gain as fast as he will for that reason unless u have a sweet metabolism

bulldoggg03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WillB485
    with the healthiest food and best personal trainers money can buy no doubt :P normal people like us arent going to gain as fast as he will for that reason unless u have a sweet metabolism

No doubt thats why I was saying just go and lift your ass off lol haha Sleep...Sleeping makes you big if you work out.. and eat eat eat...but eat smart dont be goin to McDonalds everyday for lunch...Hell you shouldnt be goin to Mcdonalds at all but thats a personal pref...

brandtbays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fightclubmember View Post
    ....ye ive asked myself the same question, bc history x came out in 1998 and Fight Club came out in 1999....COMPLETE change..night and day....he works out for movie roles. if you have worked out and eaten "ok" for a period of 7 or 8 you can take 4 months off and come back to where you were in about a month. Even working out for 2 and a half years religiously, and probably being a "hardgainer" which i suspect Norton is, taking 4 months off and coming back is ALMOST like going to the beginning, BUT you will get there a lot quicker than when you actually 1st started, Due to muscle memory. I know this bc I personally was in the gym a minimum of 4xs a wk, eating pretty good(being a hardgainer, i always didnt stick to clean food, i packed the calories and carbs) for almost 3yrs. I separated from my wife and kids and took 4 months off and just restarted 3wks ago. When I left i was 185lbs, repped 225 10xs for chest, curled 90lbs 10xs for bicep, could do loaded dips with 3 45lb plates(135lbs)...military press(smith) 160lbs 10xs shoulders..etc., NOW 3 wks getting back, Im wayyy down, 170lb for chest 10xs, much much lower with other exercises too. Amazing what 4mos can do to your strength. If you look at Norton, his chest is worked, his shoulders are worked, his latts a little, and his abs a little. his waist to his head is a good proportion(not too short, not too long). I can tell you he dedicated himself to chest and shoulder workouts the most bc of his body proportion this makes him look bigger. He ate right, and had to eat quite a bit, like i said he looks like a hard gainer (when you see him in Fight Club). But he probably acheived what he was looking for in 6 to 8mos(max). He works out for movie roles, just like gerald butler(300). he doesnt hit the gym 4-6xs a wk for yrs like some of us do. Plus they all "pump up" before camera roles...push ups, bands, etc....taylor lautner(twilight saga)..gerard butler(300)...many more..have said they do this to look bigger. why not? when you leave the gym after your workout or go into the locker room to change and see yourself in mirror, your BIGGER, than when you're at the office or home. and yes i agree with someone else on here, they have trainers to give specific workouts to make muscles explode, (fast and slow twitch), and being told what to eat plays a HUGE role.

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brandtbays View Post
    snip

Strong bump
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500) qeynos is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by fightclubmember View Post
    he was curb stomping people