Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Stay with FB or train for RB going into High School

My 13 year old son has been a OL/DL type pretty much every year going through JAAF......he wasn't every really fat just naturally strong, quick in short areas and had a knack for finding the ball in the backfield.....

He decided that this wasn't what he wanted to do....worked hard in the offseason....got faster and more agile. And landed starting FB and LB positions......he is averaging around 11 yards a carry at FB (he gets chunks of 3, 5, 7 type yards and over 4 games he has 2 runs of 35 plus yards and 2 touchdowns) the freshman high school coaches are calling him "Mr. first down" when they come to watch the games.....at linebacker I would say he is "steady"....he can lay some good hits and offenses mostly stay away from his area.

but once again is not really satisfied. He gets maybe 5-6 carries a game at FB and got a taste for it.....he wants to be a 20 carry type feature back. He loves playing defense and would play whereever they wanted him to (the defensive coaches play him at linebacker because we dont have another kid who can play that spot as well....but they have told me repeatedly they think he could be an all state defensive linemen

So in talking to the HC the other day my son told him about his plans this offseason to change his training from FB and more towards tailback. The HC said it was a very bad idea.....he thinks he would start immediately at FB at the high school level and he would just be a tailback in a stable of tailbacks if he went that route.....

What do you guys think? Work towards a position where he might just be one of a group or specialize more towards what he is doing well now.....his running ability right now is strictly between the tackles north south....he is not a 4.4 speed guy right now.....breaks the first tackly.....punishes linebackers. We run a double wing but every once in a while in a game we line up in a power I where gets to seek and destroy linebackers and that works very well for us (to be honest we should probably make this our base offense)

Obviously......scholarship would be nice in the future if at all possible.....pretty much all of his coaches think he should stick to FB

firas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hate to say it, but I think u should stick with the coaches. If he has aspirations of playing football for more than just high school (and who doesn't) then he'll prob get more chance at the FB position.

If they're running the doublewing and he isn't that quick he may not even get many carries unless he plays FB. I'm assuming he'd be a wingback in the doublewing formation.

Of course if his heart is set on the TB position and he doesn't want to play anywhere else then go with that. There's no point in playing football at that level if you're not enjoying it.
    on the road to recovery...

Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Dude 54 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    why are you asking this again?

You've already posted this same exact thread once and you had replies in there..............
    Leg Day. You know it's gonna' hurt, bad. You know when it's all over, you'll have to drag you ass out of the gym and drive home with your legs shaking. You know if you don't give it your all, you whole week is ruined. This is sacrifce. This is Animal. Can you handle it?
    --Animal

fighter in training kosmo yagkoto's Avatar
    kosmo yagkoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kosmo yagkoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kosmo yagkoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kosmo yagkoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kosmo yagkoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kosmo yagkoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kosmo yagkoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kosmo yagkoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kosmo yagkoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kosmo yagkoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kosmo yagkoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Make him a 4.4 speed guy without losing his power. That is what seperates the majority of pro RBs from college RBs(even though, now they are looking for the same type of guys.) Colleges are looking for big RBs prolly around 5'10 tall, 215 lbs.

sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Another dad posted a similar question not too long ago. Maybe those replies could help you out.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=588209
    Last edited by sabonis224; 10-04-2005 at 02:25 PM.

Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    He is actually the blocking back in the Dougle Wing.....

Our double wing is not working the way it should though.....we are having trouble running our superpowers because the wingbacks wont go where the play is designed and keep bouncing outside (right into where the tacklers are being pushed)

Right now he is the most productive back on the team.....which he isn't supposed to be in the DW.....he is supposed to decleat linebackers....pick up blitz for the QB, and get tough yards in the mess of humanity......

Well...he does all that....but he is also busting some pretty good gains between the tackles. He gets really productive when they line up in single back and run between the tackles or go eye formation and let him attack linebackers trying to fill the gap.....the offense we run is actually not as suited for our team as the eye.

But that is neither here nor there....the HC likes the DW so that is what we are going to run. We are part of a team (we because I am on the staff)

THe thing is.....I dont think anybody knew he could be this good. As I had said early....he was never a skill position player (except his very first year when he would be a goaline reciever) I had a feeling that he might be a good player....but you never really know till you see it. Now the HC confides to me (we never tell him anything....dont want to bloat his head) that he might be the best FB in the league and will probably make the all star team.

Its a shame that he didn't get encouragement earlier.....I swear to god this kid was one step away from hangin em up his coaches last year were so bad. He at one point had a asst coach point blank tell him that he was too slow to ever play any skill position unless it was on the scout team.

Originally Posted by Big Dude 54
    why are you asking this again?

You've already posted this same exact thread once and you had replies in there..............
    Did I? I am sorry about that if I did I thought it was another forum.

J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I used to play FB and made the change over to RB. If he's athletic enough, let him go to the RB spot. I used to love FB, but realized that nowadays, it's all about the passing game. FBs are pretty much a forgotten position. Most teams are looking for good TEs, and then when needed, place them at the FB position. As an RB, he'll get recognized more, will get more carries, more passes, and will still be needed to block. I think as a FB, I would have never got looked at, but as a RB, I was asked to play for a couple DII schools. I played behind a DI player. His name is Charles Bailey and starts for UIllinois at DB. Let him try to go to RB, and if that doesn't work, leave him at FB, obviously. Maybe even get him to try SS or OLB.
    "The Bible is an anvil that has worn out many hammers."

Misc zombie survival BRAVO Squad: Kicking ass and chewing bubble gum and I'm all out of gum.

J-Bol,

That was actually my concern......

It may be early but my kid breathes football......he really does. and he does enjoy playing the FB position. He is planning long term.

It would be nice to talk to someone who actually does recruit and see what they look at from the FB/RB prospective.....

- Is a RB that can do FB type things attractive in recruiting.....?

- Or do they get passed over looking for specialization?

Location: ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋ&#1112
    LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Cowart69
    J-Bol,

That was actually my concern......

It may be early but my kid breathes football......he really does. and he does enjoy playing the FB position. He is planning long term.

It would be nice to talk to someone who actually does recruit and see what they look at from the FB/RB prospective.....

- Is a RB that can do FB type things attractive in recruiting.....?

- Or do they get passed over looking for specialization?
    I would say proper technique is key, and then the raw tools. Obviously if they see a RB picking up blitzes or bulldozing people, he will be that much better then the next guy. But he has to have the raw tools and talent. 4.4-4.7 speed; and good size 200+ lbs.
    nj all day

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Have him do WS4SB and play him as a TB.
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000)
    What are his goals? How can he reach those goals? The answers are pretty simple. Let him decide what he wants to do, whether he wants to work his ass off and be the TB or take the spot this head coach says he can supposedly get easily. Also, if he is that good at FB, you can guarantee he will get carries if the coach has any intelligence at all. In a delaware wing-t our coach found ways to get it to the full back 20+ times on things other than just guard trap and such.

Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tank87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If the coaches want him at fb leave him there, thats where they probaly feel hes most effective. You gotta remeber hes also young, so he could also be switched. **** from when I was about his age to now ive played, gaurd, center, tackle,fb, mlb, olb, noise gaurd, d tackle, and now that im older my main postions are de and te and im staying at that and when I go to college its just gonna be de.
    HT- 6'2
    WT- 226

Bench- 385 1x
    A2g squat-440 1x
    Deadlift-535
    ALL RAW

Position- Weakside DE

Location: ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋ&#1112
    LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Squats
    Have him do WS4SB and play him as a TB.
    Heh those people are from my area in Jersey. That first guy Ianuzzi is actually from my town, still is, but plays for a private powerhouse, Bergen Catholic. The others, well are at other places, Brian Cushing is a linebacker at USC, so you know this stuff works.
    nj all day

runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Person
    Also, if he is that good at FB, you can guarantee he will get carries if the coach has any intelligence at all. In a delaware wing-t our coach found ways to get it to the full back 20+ times on things other than just guard trap and such.
    In the Wing-T, the FB SHOULD be the primary ball carrier. If the FB is NOT getting the majority of the carries, the coach is not running the offense correctly.

We actually run Double Wing instead of Wing T.....

I already know the head coaches philosophy as we have gone over it several times.......

Super Powers and Passes are supposed to be our big plays

FB (or Blocking back) is supposed to get tough yards up the middle

The problem is that our offense is not working the way it should....our superpowers are netting us small gains because our wingbacks just want to bounce outside every play and not run through the lane.....and our FB runs (and we only do about 8 a game (starting FB gets 5 backup gets about 3) are what is breaking the big plays and getting the most dependable yards........

We will keep working it though....halfway through the season is no time to change up an offense.

J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Bol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think power is the best running play. That and counters. But power should be pulling about 7-8 yds everytime. Whatever happend to the good old I-formation?
    "The Bible is an anvil that has worn out many hammers."

Misc zombie survival BRAVO Squad: Kicking ass and chewing bubble gum and I'm all out of gum.

In my own opinion....the I formation is what we should be running from day 1.......

I think it suits our makeup of kids better......

- we have a big O Line that does not appear to move well and doesn't stay low

- we have wingbacks who just want to use their speed....they just wont have confidence in the super power lane whether it is there or not and when they bounce outside they run right into where we are trying to drive the blockers.......

- We have a QB is getting more accurate by the day...and is a big body who can block

- We have 2 FB's.....one is pretty much the complete package who can lay the wood.....can catch....gets tough yards......and has enough quickness to break an occasional big gain....our backup FB can block....but cannot catch and has fumblitis

- We have speed and size at the wideout position

It seems Power I to me.....and I think it does to the HC as well it is just too late to change it.....that is why we are incorporating I formation plays into it.

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In my own opinion....the I formation is what we should be running from day 1.......

I think it suits our makeup of kids better......

- we have a big O Line that does not appear to move well and doesn't stay low

- we have wingbacks who just want to use their speed....they just wont have confidence in the super power lane whether it is there or not and when they bounce outside they run right into where we are trying to drive the blockers.......

- We have a QB is getting more accurate by the day...and is a big body who can block

- We have 2 FB's.....one is pretty much the complete package who can lay the wood.....can catch....gets tough yards......and has enough quickness to break an occasional big gain....our backup FB can block....but cannot catch and has fumblitis

- We have speed and size at the wideout position

It seems Power I to me.....and I think it does to the HC as well it is just too late to change it.....that is why we are incorporating I formation plays into it.
    O-line is all about discipline. I played o-line for a few years and hated it because of the discipline coach's made us have.

We would go over the basic steps and practice stances. Then did about 6 different steps three times and switched. And if we didn't stay low that whole time, we'd do it again. Go thing to do is make them stay in their stance for a few minutes and give them the discipline they need to stay low. Sleds are also good for helping staying low and driving. Single sleds work great for o-line.

Get all the TB's to utilize their speed. Basic sprints as a race against each other worked well for are team. Plus the whole offense pumping them up for a solid run, always worked for them.

Damn, I should be a coach...
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    We actually run Double Wing instead of Wing T.....

I already know the head coaches philosophy as we have gone over it several times.......
    Double Wing and Wing-T football are pretty similar. Neither one works well unless you get the fullback established. Once the LBs start flying to stop the FB trap and blast, that's when you burn 'em, with counter, sweep, or option.

If you are having trouble getting yardage with your wingbacks, run your FB more often, especially if he runs harder and smarter than the wingbacks! Chances are good that, because you guys are not giving the ball to the FB enough, opposing defenses are simply concentrating on stopping the counter, off-tackle, and sweep plays. Getting the FB established will also set up play action nicely.

Originally Posted by J-Bol
    Whatever happend to the good old I-formation?
    ...I blame Urban Meyer!!!

mikeycaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The kid is gonna be a freshmen??? If so i say tell him to work as hard as he can in the wait room and work on his speed if he wants to be a more featured runner but let the HC decide his plan for him. If he is already a good power back cradle that abililty, every team needs a running back to line up in short yardage grind it out situations at every level whether at High School College or the NFL. So just have him hit the weights real hard and work his tail off and the reults will come on their own.

OLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What you wanna do is stick with the coaches now, and worry about specializing your kid later.

For now, focus on making him a 'freak'. Have him get so big and so fast that he can play any position on the field. Positions in high school can change any day during the season, dont worry about that. Work on making your kid the most physically indimidating kid out there, and things will fall into place.

College scouts definetly take notice to kids who play multiple positions. Turn the boy into a RB/FB/LB/DE.

KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by OLB
    What you wanna do is stick with the coaches now, and worry about specializing your kid later.

For now, focus on making him a 'freak'. Have him get so big and so fast that he can play any position on the field. Positions in high school can change any day during the season, dont worry about that. Work on making your kid the most physically indimidating kid out there, and things will fall into place.

College scouts definetly take notice to kids who play multiple positions. Turn the boy into a RB/FB/LB/DE.
    I agree with OLB, versatillity is one thing alot of coaches like in their player. We run a double tight-double wing offense, and I know all the plays for both wing backs, fullback, and both tight ends. If your son has the ability, skill, and knowledge to play multiple positions, he'll get playing time, and the coaches will know they can put him in at multiple positions and use his talent wherever its needed.
    2005 Wyoming 3A State Champions 11-0
    2007 Wyoming 3A State Champions 10-1
    Stats (Goals)
    Ht: 5'9''
    WT: 154 (175)
    DeadLift: 365 lbs
    Snatch Grip DL: 315 LBS

OLB,

I am not doubting what you are saying....just curious.

Doesn't being a "jack of all trades" hurt you in the recruiting process?

I also think it is a good idea to multiple positions.....heck...in youth football he has played every position except for QB, S, and K

Over the years he has had time at RB, FB, WR, TE, C, G, OT, DT, DE, LB, and CB

OLB,

I am not doubting what you are saying....just curious.

Doesn't being a "jack of all trades" hurt you in the recruiting process?
    It has been my experience that most colleges do not care what HS position a kid plays. Generally speaking, colleges try to recruit ATHLETES and then find a position for them later. Many kids do end up playing their HS position, but many do not. Case in point is Iowa, who for YEARS recruited tight ends, packed 50 pounds on them, and turned them into Big Ten all-Conference linemen.

mikeycaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just let the kid play and let the coach have him do whats best for the team. Remember its a team sport first and HC have there reasons for playing "an Athlete" at certain positions. I know players i played with in high school and in college that have switched positions multiple times. Hit the weights hard and leave no doubt in the coaches minds that no matter what your son belongs on the feild somewhere

Originally Posted by mikeycaz
    Just let the kid play and let the coach have him do whats best for the team. Remember its a team sport first and HC have there reasons for playing "an Athlete" at certain positions. I know players i played with in high school and in college that have switched positions multiple times. Hit the weights hard and leave no doubt in the coaches minds that no matter what your son belongs on the feild somewhere
    Mike....it really isn't about questioning where the next level of coaches will play him.....I actually look forward to taking my mitts off of my son in that way (and watching other parents in our JAAF having to do the same...you would not beleive the antics parents pull around here)

Nope....it is about the type of training in the offseason.....fullback training is different then tailback.....this past year he trained for fullback and it paid off.....speed work yes....but lot of power biulding and short area speed type stuff.......

This is a kid who likes to lift....and likes to train but needs guidance going in the right direction...the good news is there are now High School coaches for that and I can step back.

OLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OLB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Colleges love the kid who can play any position on the field. They basically like finding the biggest baddest mofo out there, and throwing him on the field.

My friend this past year signed with Northwestern. Played FB, G, DE, DT, OLB, and ILB. Now he bulked up to 280 and maintains his 4.8 at DE. NW told him they liked his versatility, even though he wasn't the most skilled player.

Registered User TheCrazyCossack's Avatar
    TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd say you should keep him at FB for now... keep him at fullback where its his strength.. and do speed training... on your own and in the off season.. if you have an off season.. crazy americans... lol...

He will continue to grow as a player and pick up the necessary skills... stay on the FB path the coaches would like to see him on, and then with his newfound speed... they realize there huge fullback who can run right through everyone and block like crazy... can run faster than the running backs...

starting RB job..... and a future Jamal Lewis for the NFL lol.... (thats the goal right?)

Or you could just go the Mike Alstott route and have him run like a mother while playing FB.