chiarij has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Weight training & Weight lose

Should I lose weight first and then start weight training or do it together?

Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do both. Weight training builds muscle and the more muscle you have, the more you burn calories at rest. Also weight training accelerates your metabolism. You will lose weight with a combination of weight training, cardio and diet.
    WORKOUT
    M: Full body workout
    T: Off
    W: Full body workout
    F: Off
    S: Full body workout
    S: OFF

Walk dog 1 hour a day.

DIET
    Protein and good fats, low carb

Goal: Loose fat and gain muscle!

Just do it!
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!
    You are what you eat!

ItFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't lose weight first. You're going to be gaining the numbers back anyway when you put on muscle. Lift as heavy as you can, but don't do extremely too much cardio or anything or else that will hinder your muscle gain results. And make sure you eat clean.
    http://www.myspace.com/bellafit

Plan to succeed & you will. Fail to plan & you may not get to where you want to be.

freemefromfat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd like to say I certainly agree! Don't wait, the benefits are fabulous!

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree...

Vanessa
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The only problem with gaining muscle while you lose fat is that you have to really have you mind in a good place as far as the numbers on the scale. You will get smaller and more compact initially but the scale won't be dropping 1 - 2 pounds a week like we are programmed to think it "should". Two reasons for this. First, muscle weighs more than fat so you are condensing your body. It can be smaller and weigh just as much. (Most women can't get past that.) Second, in order to grow muscle, you can't have a huge calorie deficit so the fat loss is slower. I average about .5 pounds lost a week.

HOWEVER, it is well worth doing. Building muscle will give your body a more pleasing appearance no matter how much fat is on it and it is very motivating to see the muscles - especially during those weeks when that pesky number doesn't move. Additionally, as you get stronger you will feel better about yourself and be more active which will help you to become in better shape and lose more fat.

courtneyk805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This was a question that I was also curious about also. I read in the above post that you should lift as heavy as you can. In my case, should I also be lifting as heavy as I can?....Because I have the type of body that is very thick. I have a lot of muscle but also much fat. I build muscle very easily. I am a born athlete. I can play every sport. I am very strong but super quick even though I am only 5'6 160 lbs. I want to lose many layers of fat. I have about a 26% bf. But i'm afraid to lift heavy cause I tend to bulk....I know women don't bulk...but I seem to put on muscle mass fairly easy. What do you girls recommend?

Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by courtneyk805
    This was a question that I was also curious about also. I read in the above post that you should lift as heavy as you can. In my case, should I also be lifting as heavy as I can?....Because I have the type of body that is very thick. I have a lot of muscle but also much fat. I build muscle very easily. I am a born athlete. I can play every sport. I am very strong but super quick even though I am only 5'6 160 lbs. I want to lose many layers of fat. I have about a 26% bf. But i'm afraid to lift heavy cause I tend to bulk....I know women don't bulk...but I seem to put on muscle mass fairly easy. What do you girls recommend?
    I still recommend lifting heavy. It's your diet that will help you lose the fat.
    WORKOUT
    M: Full body workout
    W: Full body workout
    F: Off
    S: Full body workout
    S: OFF

Walk dog 1 hour a day.

DIET
    Protein and good fats, low carb

Goal: Loose fat and gain muscle!

Just do it!
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!
    You are what you eat!

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Helene
    I still recommend lifting heavy. It's your diet that will help you lose the fat.
    Agreed.

Always lift heavy. If anything it is actually more important to lift heavy while dieting as this is what is going to help you maintain your lean muscle whilst you strip off fat.

It is your diet (+/- some cardio) that is the key to fat loss.

Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What you can do is lift heavy enough that your muscles are fatigued in 10 - 12 reps. (3 or 4 sets) This works more on muscle endurance and burns more calories if done with short rest breaks. For abs, calves and leg abductors/adductors you can do 15 - 20 reps but still make sure the weight is heavy enough to challenge them in that many reps. This will probably keep muscle growth to a minimum. Find out your body fat % and take your measurements. Do this for eight weeks. Then recheck your body fat & measurements (in addition to looking in the mirror) to find out if its an effective routine for you in helping you reach your goals.