favnicl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favnicl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favnicl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favnicl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favnicl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favnicl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favnicl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favnicl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favnicl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favnicl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favnicl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best combination of chest exercises?

Hi guys

I've just started lifting weights again after a number of injuries and I'm really looking to pack on mass. Unfortunately I don't have access to a gym, but I can do most exercises from home.

What combination of exercises would you recommend for chest days?
    I have the possibility of doing flat/incline/decline bench presses and dumbell flyes. I won't be able to do dumbell presses though.

Thanks

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There is no best combination. If there were, everyon would be doing it. Stick to the basics, eat, lift, rest, repeat:

Bench Press [incline, flat, decline] <barbell or dumbbells>
    Flyes [incline, flat, decline] <dumbbells, machine or cables>
    Weighted Dips
    neg reds on sight crew

HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by favnicl
    Hi guys

I've just started lifting weights again after a number of injuries and I'm really looking to pack on mass. Unfortunately I don't have access to a gym, but I can do most exercises from home.

What combination of exercises would you recommend for chest days?
    I have the possibility of doing flat/incline/decline bench presses and dumbell flyes. I won't be able to do dumbell presses though.

Thanks
    True there is not one best combination but in your situation I can recommend a decent routine....

I would always start w/ an incline barbell press w/ a wider grip
    *Then move to either flat bench or decline bench (I would alternate every couple of weeks)
    *Next you're going to want to add a fly and depending on where you need more development, you will want to attack that angle. I would recommend incline flyes for now
    I like to train w/ a little more volume so I would probably do a lighter set of slow controlled reps again on incline (Hoping you can change the angles of incline) to really put a final pump on my chest
    Then I would end the workout w/ 2 slow controlled sets of flat bench flyes
    Hope that helps
    Bachelor and Master of Exercise Science at Miami University

Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at Jefferson College of Health Professions

Stayin' Shredded is what I do

Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    just have to do what works for you. My Chest day is the following
    Flat Bench - 3x7 -- Start at 3x6 and once I can do 3x10 increase weight and drop back to 3x6
    Dips - 3x10 - need to add weight presently
    Cable Crossovers - 3x8
    knocked down seven times, get up eight.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rocky_Maivia
    There is no best combination. If there were, everyon would be doing it. Stick to the basics, eat, lift, rest, repeat:

Bench Press [incline, flat, decline] <barbell or dumbbells>
    Flyes [incline, flat, decline] <dumbbells, machine or cables>
    Weighted Dips
    The basics work for me. Some people make it sound like rocket science.