NaturaLforever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturaLforever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturaLforever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need a good raw Bench program

The one I'm using now is similar how we train with equipment, but I can't afford equipment. I was doing a cyclefro nationals but screwed my shoulder up in the process.

Week 1-regular bench

4 sets 8 rep

Week 2- 1 board press

3 sets 5 reps

week 3- regular bench

4 sets 8 reps

Week 4-2 board press

3 sets 5 reps

Week 5-regular bench

4 sets 6 reps

Week 6- 3 board press

3 sets 5 reps
    Week 7

Week 8

Registered User tatortotajigalo's Avatar
    tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000)
    do the one i designed, its for raw lifters, and i know youll love it.
    Owner of Southern Style Trucks - Houston, Texas.
    Let me know if you need any after market accessories for your vehicle of any make/model and I will let you know if I can get it. We're also a diesel performance and repair facility.

mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000)

tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mochi View Post
    I know people whove said this works, but something just seems iffy about the high reps, and im not one for linear routines anymore.
    Let me know if you need any after market accessories for your vehicle of any make/model and I will let you know if I can get it. We're also a diesel performance and repair facility.

mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tatortotajigalo View Post
    I know people whove said this works, but something just seems iffy about the high reps, and im not one for linear routines anymore.
    you know how it is.. what works for me isn't necessarily gonna work for you.. for me.. the linear periodization stuff works (for squat and bench at least)

Originally Posted by mochi View Post
    you know how it is.. what works for me isn't necessarily gonna work for you.. for me.. the linear periodization stuff works (for squat and bench at least)
    yea, im actually doing a linear thing right now for squats and deadlift.

but my bench is weird.

i went from 165-215 in 6 months, and then stayed at 215 for a year, and then now its gone up 25 pounds in 4 weeks.

so idk whats going on lmfao!

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's how it works sometimes. I was stuck at the same bench for a year too, then I changed my routine to a wave loading program, and it started going up again. It's all about finding something that works, and more importantly, sticking with it. The whole "change your routine every 8 weeks" crap will never get you anywhere if you have any degree of experience. It can take 4 months for a routine to really start showing results, but if you quit after 2, how do you know if it works? And if it doesn't, what have you lost? A couple months of lifting? So you analyze what worked and what didn't, and make adjustments. Getting strong is a long term project, not something that is going to happen in 6 months. Think years, and then you'll be on track. Look at some of the Russian routines that have all those mini cycles that add up to a years worth of work.

Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    That's how it works sometimes. I was stuck at the same bench for a year too, then I changed my routine to a wave loading program, and it started going up again. It's all about finding something that works, and more importantly, sticking with it. The whole "change your routine every 8 weeks" crap will never get you anywhere if you have any degree of experience. It can take 4 months for a routine to really start showing results, but if you quit after 2, how do you know if it works? And if it doesn't, what have you lost? A couple months of lifting? So you analyze what worked and what didn't, and make adjustments. Getting strong is a long term project, not something that is going to happen in 6 months. Think years, and then you'll be on track. Look at some of the Russian routines that have all those mini cycles that add up to a years worth of work.

What did your wav loading look like, i am always looking for ideas.

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    In a nutshell, it was 4 week mini cycles to total 16 weeks. You'd add weight each week for 4 weeks, then drop back to what you did on week 2 to start the next cycle. By the last 4 weeks, your starting weight will be what you ended the 1st 4 weeks with.

UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Metal Militia Raw Bench Routine:
    Originally Posted by Sebastian Burns
    Raw Bench Improvement ? Sebastian Burns

This was taken from a e mail I just sent to a friend.It will work for anyone wanting to get stronger raw or who is just starting out..you could throw some shirt benching in there after awhile and some boards but this is good for just getting started.

Bench press with regular wide grip
    6 sets 3 to 5 reps

Close Grip bench(Go one hand space in from regular grip)
    Pause the bar on the bottom for 2 full seconds
    6 sets 3 to 5 reps

Regular Grip Pause Bench
    6 Sets 3 to 5 reps

After this you could do 3 sets of Pulldowns and 3 sets of Rows for 3 to 4 sets also 3 to 4 sets of DB side raises.
    Do this workout for 3 months and keep track of your weights always trying to beat your last weeks weight.After 3 months take a few weeks away from benching and do more back and shoulder then go back and repeat the bench cycle.
    Try to make it all the way thru this workout it is the volume that will cause an increase in the bench.it may take 2 to 3 weeks to get used to the high volume but stick with it.
    I'll be using this one starting next Wednesday
    http://www.thewarehousegym.net/ - PL/SM gym on the South Side of Houston owned by Dr. Zach McVey

gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It all depends on where you are weak which is the same with any lift geared or raw. There is no perfect program for all you just have to be in tune and honest and focus on the weak link. Me, I have trouble locking out so I like chains, bands, board presses. My wife has trouble out of the hole so we throw in some sets with the bow bar, some DB work, declines with cambered bar and rack presses from the hole. Sets of 2-3 reps work best for us but like I said that isn't ideal for all. I had my son do Coan's bench program, which I hate, and he went from 195-225 (paused) @155. I go backwards on the program. Good luck