turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Exclamation You should not eat any whey protein unless its right after working out!!

Whey should only really be used post workout is because at any other time when it is taken by itself your body only uses about 30% of the amino acids. You see, whey gives your body such a quick flood of aminos that the body thinks it has more protein than it actually does and it sends the "excess" to the liver, where it is oxidized and used as energy.
    Casein- Casein is the opposite of whey. It is an insoluble, slow-digesting, milk derived protein. Casein has been shown to be anti-catabolic in several studies but has no effect on increasing protein synthesis. So what is it good for: Casein gels in the stomach and is slow to digest.

In fact it takes casein at least 2.5 hours to digest and up to 4 in some cases. For that reason it is good at any meal other than post workout. Casein is an excellent choice especially right before bed since it gives you a slow stream of aminos over about 3-4 hours and prevents muscle breakdown. You need this slow stream of aminos since your body will be going 8 hours without any protein.

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a whey and casein mix when I wake up, same mix after workout, then just casein before bed.

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i have whey 3 times a day

NJMuscle219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJMuscle219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJMuscle219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJMuscle219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJMuscle219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJMuscle219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJMuscle219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJMuscle219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJMuscle219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJMuscle219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJMuscle219 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i take alot of whey all throuhout the day

I eated all ze celtechz Johnchallis's Avatar
    Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sssh.

That is utter crap about not being able to take whey unless postworkout.

All proffesional bodybuilders drink whey ALL throughout the day

They start their breakfast off with whey,

Have whey pre and post workout

Have whey in the evening (casein)

And sometimes even more.

As a opinunated human, i go by what I see HAPPENING and not by other people's research. Research nowadays is so easily pulled off of a website created by somebody that doesn't know what he's talking about and providing incorrect "research" statements.

I go by results, visually proved, etc.

If i can see it, it's there (give or take TV etc, special effects/editting)

Therefor, i dont believe in the crap you just told us.

Kthnxbye

Studly. Manly. Tough. powerstripe89's Avatar
    powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Johnchallis View Post
    Sssh.

And sometimes even more.

As a opinunated human, i go by what I see HAPPENING and not by other people's research. Research nowadays is so easily pulled off of a website created by somebody that doesn't know what he's talking about and providing incorrect "research" statements.

Kthnxbye
    Owned.

I drink whey 2-3x a day its a good snack especially since I'm on a cut.
    My success is achieved by reaching failure. When I can't do one more rep, that's when I've succeeded.

Forever cutting.

_Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sssh.

And sometimes even more.

Kthnxbye

Thats actually incorrect, most of the pros I know use egg protein throughout the day.

Honestly the OP is on the right track but not entirely correct and frankly for this section the difference in nutrition isn't going to make a big difference in gains made for 95% of this section.

I eated all ze celtechz Johnchallis's Avatar
    Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000) Johnchallis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by _Bladen_ View Post
    Thats actually incorrect, most of the pros I know use egg protein throughout the day.

Honestly the OP is on the right track but not entirely correct and frankly for this section the difference in nutrition isn't going to make a big difference in gains made for 95% of this section.
    Example, ronnie coleman.

He does eat egg protein yes,

But he also eats large ammounts of whey (consumes anyway)

A combination of egg, whey, and casein is what most proffessional lifters consume.

Throughout the day.

Not just after a workout.

SpartanSim will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanSim will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanSim will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanSim will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanSim will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanSim will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanSim will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanSim will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanSim will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanSim will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanSim will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have it around 1hr30 after workout

Shuto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shuto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SpartanSim View Post
    i have it around 1hr30 after workout
    What the hell? Why? Why not have it within 45 minutes of a workout?

turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turningheadz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sssh.

And sometimes even more.

Kthnxbye
    You don't believe it? Your loss, and negged.

Lax891122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lax891122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lax891122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lax891122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lax891122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lax891122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lax891122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lax891122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lax891122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lax891122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lax891122 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is there a study to back up this information? No offensive by this.. Just wondering what your basis of saying this is.

Also.. Havent there been studies showing that the "Anabolic PWO Window" is basically bull****?
    Last edited by Lax891122; 12-06-2007 at 12:43 PM.
    Grand Valley State University Lacrosse

March 4, 2009
    B-315
    S- 405x2 belt
    D- 405x3
    Cl- 225x5
    40- 5.00
    Weight: 220 @ __%

By Aug 24, 2009
    B- 315x5
    S- 500
    D- 500
    Cl- 275x3
    40- 4.70
    Weight: 225@ above -2%

*#1 priority Healthy left shoulder and left hip(TFL)

unlocking asian genetics DaTruth1's Avatar
    DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by turningheadz View Post
    Whey should only really be used post workout is because at any other time when it is taken by itself your body only uses about 30% of the amino acids. You see, whey gives your body such a quick flood of aminos that the body thinks it has more protein than it actually does and it sends the "excess" to the liver, where it is oxidized and used as energy.
    Casein- Casein is the opposite of whey. It is an insoluble, slow-digesting, milk derived protein. Casein has been shown to be anti-catabolic in several studies but has no effect on increasing protein synthesis. So what is it good for: Casein gels in the stomach and is slow to digest.

In fact it takes casein at least 2.5 hours to digest and up to 4 in some cases. For that reason it is good at any meal other than post workout. Casein is an excellent choice especially right before bed since it gives you a slow stream of aminos over about 3-4 hours and prevents muscle breakdown. You need this slow stream of aminos since your body will be going 8 hours without any protein.
    Thanks for the good advice. Repped.
    How expensive is Casein compared to whey?

edit: reps on recharge
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Log: http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=15188

gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by turningheadz View Post
    and how is that a bad thing?
    There is no reason to live if you cannot do the deadlift

big fuzzy and tator squat to much..... not

Originally Posted by gobbles View Post
    and how is that a bad thing?
    Read the sentence before the bolded sentence.

ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ThatArmyKid View Post
    i have whey 3 times a day
    that probably explains why your so small. =D

daberg08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daberg08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daberg08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daberg08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daberg08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daberg08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daberg08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daberg08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daberg08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daberg08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daberg08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    troll

ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000) ImHuge07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by daberg08 View Post
    troll
    dumbass

Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here's a study that highlights pre and post-WO supplementation is better than only using at other times during the day.

My opinion from everything I've read is to have a whey isolate shake pre-WO with carbs (so that the body doesn't have to tap into it's own amino acid pool, instead using the whey, once the stored/ingested glycogen is used up).

Effects of supplement timing and resistance exercise on skeletal muscle hypertrophy.Cribb PJ, Hayes A.
    Exercise Metabolism Unit, Center for Ageing, Rehabilitation, Exercise and Sport; and the School of Biomedical Sciences, Victoria University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

PURPOSE: Some studies report greater muscle hypertrophy during resistance exercise (RE) training from supplement timing (i.e., the strategic consumption of protein and carbohydrate before and/or after each workout). However, no studies have examined whether this strategy provides greater muscle hypertrophy or strength development compared with supplementation at other times during the day. The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of supplement timing compared with supplementation in the hours not close to the workout on muscle-fiber hypertrophy, strength, and body composition during a 10-wk RE program. METHODS: In a single-blind, randomized protocol, resistance-trained males were matched for strength and placed into one of two groups; the PRE-POST group consumed a supplement (1 g x kg(-1) body weight) containing protein/creatine/glucose immediately before and after RE. The MOR-EVE group consumed the same dose of the same supplement in the morning and late evening. All assessments were completed the week before and after 10 wk of structured, supervised RE training. Assessments included strength (1RM, three exercises), body composition (DEXA), and vastus lateralis muscle biopsies for determination of muscle fiber type (I, IIa, IIx), cross-sectional area (CSA), contractile protein, creatine (Cr), and glycogen content. RESULTS: PRE-POST demonstrated a greater (P < 0.05) increase in lean body mass and 1RM strength in two of three assessments. The changes in body composition were supported by a greater (P < 0.05) increase in CSA of the type II fibers and contractile protein content. PRE-POST supplementation also resulted in higher muscle Cr and glycogen values after the training program (P < 0.05). CONCLUSION: Supplement timing represents a simple but effective strategy that enhances the adaptations desired from RE-training.
    RIP Dad

Got an engineering question? We can help:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158772523

Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000) Jmh80 is just really nice. (+1000)
    After some futher looking on PubMed - I found the study used to basically create Xtreme Forumlation's Vendetta supplement.

This indicates EAA's are more important than whey protein. (A follow-up study showed no real difference in blood amino acid concentrations/uptake when comparing WHEY taking pre and post-WO.)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...RVAbstractPlus

Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Aug;281(2):E197-206.

Timing of amino acid-carbohydrate ingestion alters anabolic response of muscle to resistance exercise.Tipton KD, Rasmussen BB, Miller SL, Wolf SE, Owens-Stovall SK, Petrini BE, Wolfe RR.
    Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77550, USA. ktipton@utmb.edu

The present study was designed to determine whether consumption of an oral essential amino acid-carbohydrate supplement (EAC) before exercise results in a greater anabolic response than supplementation after resistance exercise. Six healthy human subjects participated in two trials in random order, PRE (EAC consumed immediately before exercise), and POST (EAC consumed immediately after exercise). A primed, continuous infusion of L-[ring-(2)H(5)]phenylalanine, femoral arteriovenous catheterization, and muscle biopsies from the vastus lateralis were used to determine phenylalanine concentrations, enrichments, and net uptake across the leg. Blood and muscle phenylalanine concentrations were increased by approximately 130% after drink consumption in both trials. Amino acid delivery to the leg was increased during exercise and remained elevated for the 2 h after exercise in both trials. Delivery of amino acids (amino acid concentration times blood flow) was significantly greater in PRE than in POST during the exercise bout and in the 1st h after exercise (P < 0.05). Total net phenylalanine uptake across the leg was greater (P = 0.0002) during PRE (209 +/- 42 mg) than during POST (81 +/- 19). Phenylalanine disappearance rate, an indicator of muscle protein synthesis from blood amino acids, increased after EAC consumption in both trials. These results indicate that the response of net muscle protein synthesis to consumption of an EAC solution immediately before resistance exercise is greater than that when the solution is consumed after exercise, primarily because of an increase in muscle protein synthesis as a result of increased delivery of amino acids to the leg.

PMID: 11440894 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    RIP Dad

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you are having whey throughout the day IMO should be mixed with a slower digesting protein.

I should say I remember reading a direct comparison of protein taken pre and post-workout and the effect on lean body mass.

The prior study doesn't look at that aspect directly.

I can't find it though.
    RIP Dad