aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

47's Pararescue Workout Journal

I'll start off with a bit of information about myself first:

Age 20

Sex Male

Height 6 foot 3

Weight 175lbs

Location Tucson, Arizona

Objective The objective of creating this journal is to track the progress of my training routine. I will be attending a USAF Pararescue tryout in May of 2008 which will be a very rough, intense and grueling day of PT. My intentions of keeping this journal will be to make sure I am on pace to reach all of my goals.

Training History I first began lifting my freshman year of college. I started out very skinny - 155lbs at 6 foot 2. I felt pathetic, and wanted a change. Lifting gives me a sense of accomplishment and pride. In college there are so many kids going out drinking, doing drugs, being lazy, seeing this only motivates me further to become a strong-minded and healthy individual.

Goals My goals for the next few months up until May of 2008 will be to add 5 lbs of lean muscle mass and get in the best cardio shape of my life. I really need to work on setting a diet down in stone, as that is one thing that I waiver on far too much.

Current Training I workout each body part once every 4 days, rest, then repeat. I also run, swim and do calisthenics 5 days a week. My training protocol will go into much more depth... keep reading.

Supplements I have taken a break from any supplementation for about 3 months now, but will begin a new stack come the start of the new year. The supplements I will be taking leading up to the tryout will include, but not limited to: White Blood, RPM, P-Slin, Xtend, Sizeon. I will not be taking all of these together, however, I will stack three or so products every month. This journal will also review supplements effectiveness on my training.

This is my first journal so having some support will help motivate me to keep this updated!

I would love feedback/comments/criticism from everyone, so please leave your opinions! I look forward to keeping this updated and hope to provide everyone with some new insight into different training routines.

I am not USAF, or in any other service, I am simply doing this tryout to test my manhood against one of the most elite special forces units in the United States. Depending on my performance, I may strongly consider enlisting, however, that is further down the road.
    Last edited by aneuman47; 12-06-2007 at 06:19 PM.

aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aneuman47 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Information about Pararescue

These are the finest the United States has to offer. If you are interested in knowing more you can check out a couple links I provided, the youtube clips show some of the cool stuff they get to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pararescue

http://pararescue.com/

Last edited by aneuman47; 12-06-2007 at 01:18 AM.

Training Protocol

Now on to the fun stuff .

Training for this tryout will require lifting, running, calisthenics, and water confidence drills. There is a 90% washout rate for Pararescue Jumpers, or PJs for short. With that said, I will not only need to train physically, I will need to train my mind to never give up.

The requirements to pass this tryout are as follows:
    Pushups: 70 in 2 minutes
    Chinups/Pullups: 13 in 1 minutes
    Situps: 75 in 2 minutes
    Flutter Kicks: 75 in 2 minutes
    3 Mile Run: Under 21 minutes
    Underwater Swim: 5 at 1:30 interval
    Surface Swim: 1500m Swim in under 28 minutes (need to double check)

Training Schedule

Monday: Chest/Running/Water

4 Sets Flat DB Bench x 12-15 Reps
    3 Sets Incline DB Bench x 12-15 Reps
    3 Sets DB Flies x 12-15 Reps
    3 Sets Cable Crossovers x 12-15 Reps

Tuesday: Back/Running/Calisthenics/Water

8 Sets of Pullups x 6-10 Reps
    3 Sets Lat Pulldown x 12-15 Reps
    3 Sets T-Bar x 12-15 Reps
    3 Sets Single Arm Rows x 12-15 Reps

Wednesday: Arms/Running/Water

3 Sets DB Curls x 12-15
    3 Sets Hammer Curls x 12-15
    3 Sets BB Curls x 12-15
    3 Sets Rope Cable Curls x 12-15

8 Sets Dips x 6-10
    3 Sets Skullcrushers x 12-15
    3 Sets Tricep Extension x 12-15

Thursday: Shoulders/Running/Calisthenics/Water

5 Sets Military Press x 12-15
    3 Sets Front Lat Raises x 12-15
    3 Sets Side Raises x 12-15

Friday: Legs/Calisthenics/Water

5 Sets Leg Extensions x 12-15
    3 Sets Squats x 6-10
    3 Sets Leg Press x 12-15
    3 Sets Calf Raises

Saturday: Rest

REST!!!

Sunday: Start all over

The fun begins again...

Running
    Running will consist of days dedicated for different purposes. One day I will train Long-Slow Distance running, the next I will do interval training to build up a speedier time. I will update this further when I log each workout.

Calisthenics

100 pushups
    100 situps
    100 flutter kicks
    50 pullups

Water Confidence
    See next post, as this is rather lengthy.

Last edited by aneuman47; 12-06-2007 at 12:12 PM.

Water Confidence

Water Confidence
    This is the most challenging part. From the information I have gathered, this is where the most people fail out, as well as pass out . I have never been particularly fond of water, especially cold, deep water, so this might be my toughest challenge. The water confidence section of the tryout is grueling, so I will be preparing very hard for this.

In order for you guys to get the gist of what these all consist of, I will include videos of each drill.

Water Confidence Training Protocol

Underwater Swim
    This is the bread and butter of what water con drills are all about. You must swim 25 meters underwater, touch the wall, come up, and surface swim back.

The friendly version:
    http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...deoID=19274914

The not so fun version:
    http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...deoID=19278710

Buddy Breathing

Two partners share a snorkel, passing it back and forth for air. For the tryout instructors will add full harassment to make it miserable.

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...deoID=19397331

Mask and Snorkel Recovery

Swim 35 Meters, recover and clear mask of water, surface with snorkel.

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...deoID=19279159

Drown Proofing

Done with hands and feet tied, and with a 16lb weight belt.

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...deoID=19280088

Treading Water

Tread for 2:30 with equipment.

If anyone knows how to embed videos from myspace let me know, thanks!

Last edited by aneuman47; 12-06-2007 at 01:22 AM.

Finals!

I've got finals week starting tomorrow until Wednesday. I have my Arabic final tomorrow so I'm not going to be training tonight. Stay tuned for the update on Saturday!
    Check out my Pararescue Tryout Workout Journal!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5928181

Sebass97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man I know this post is old but I was wondering if you could actually tell me how trying out for the PJ's was an if you have any tips.

I'm 15 right now and I've started training at about 13, could you give me some pointers on what's to come?

slicksully07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slicksully07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slicksully07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a feeling this guy never joined since his location is still Arizona. And in his post he put Arizona as well.. It'd be nice to hear some feedback as to how it went if it did at all though..

RGpinili will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGpinili will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGpinili will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGpinili will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGpinili will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGpinili will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGpinili will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGpinili will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGpinili will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGpinili will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGpinili will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wonder if he's talking about indoc or the past, it is very informative, though I also assume he didn't pass.

leaving for basic aug 6, gotta wait a year before I can tryout for PJ because I have to get eye surgery.

brb strong 07 bump
    "If you can't handle me on a bulk, then you sure as hell don't deserve me after a cut."

-braggable

ChenzoV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

just wondering how the training went i am training to enlist as a pararescuemen , feel like i been training my whole life for it with out even knowing it, i been committed to the training. its nice to hear someone elses story about their goals which are extremely close to mine.
    If you hit a good dog enough, eventually you will have a bad dog.