Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lower/Outer Chest Exercises

Hey guys, i need some good excercises that target the lower outside areas of the chest...i know decline press and flies work the whole lower chest, but i need some excercises that work the lower outside area near my armpit area. thanks

built like a small girl.. lordmatt's Avatar
    lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WillB485
    Hey guys, i need some good excercises that target the lower outside areas of the chest...i know decline press and flies work the whole lower chest, but i need some excercises that work the lower outside area near my armpit area. thanks
    Do you have Matt Syndrome where the bottom outer part of your pecs are different sizes? Sucks.
    Height: 5'7"
    Body type: Not even small framed. :(

I have the same genetics as a 14 year old girl.

WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WillB485 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by lordmatt
    Do you have Matt Syndrome where the bottom outer part of your pecs are different sizes? Sucks.
    no both sides of my chest are perfectly identical, the problem is im only gaining mass in the upper and middle parts of my chest, the lower part is not getting noticably bigger like the rest. Especially the outer-lower regions, that seems to be lagging the most...i want to train those to "square-off" the pecs

lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lordmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no both sides of my chest are perfectly identical, the problem is im only gaining mass in the upper and middle parts of my chest, the lower part is not getting noticably bigger like the rest. Especially the outer-lower regions, that seems to be lagging the most...i want to train those to "square-off" the pecs
    Lucky. I can't even out my chest if my life depended on it.

Lucky. I can't even out my chest if my life depended on it.
    some1 on here might know how to fix that if u make a post about it, i dont know enough to say if it might just be simple genetics or if u can grow one side more than the other

bump..

///MPOWER will become famous soon enough. (+50) ///MPOWER will become famous soon enough. (+50) ///MPOWER will become famous soon enough. (+50) ///MPOWER will become famous soon enough. (+50) ///MPOWER will become famous soon enough. (+50) ///MPOWER will become famous soon enough. (+50) ///MPOWER will become famous soon enough. (+50) ///MPOWER will become famous soon enough. (+50) ///MPOWER will become famous soon enough. (+50) ///MPOWER will become famous soon enough. (+50) ///MPOWER will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    close/wide grip variations with dif rep ranges and weight

ah thank you
    ///
    GO

Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jotun has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dips, particularly wide-grip dips, will help immensely with this. Restricting the range of motion to the bottom 2/3 will also help keep the tension on the pecs.

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wider grip BB bench. Dips.

Mostly the overall shape of a chest is going to be genetic. Some people were born with that square chest look, and if you weren't, you'll probably never get it.

Also, recent studies have proven that muscles experience non-uniform hypertrophy, where the most growth of a muscle takes place nearer the insertion point. So the majority of chets exercises are automatically going to stimulate the outer/lower pec muscles. That's why so few people have a really well developed upper/inner chest.
    I don't know either lol

Originally Posted by W8isGR8

Mostly the overall shape of a chest is going to be genetic. Some people were born with that square chest look, and if you weren't, you'll probably never get it.

Also, recent studies have proven that muscles experience non-uniform hypertrophy, where the most growth of a muscle takes place nearer the insertion point. So the majority of chets exercises are automatically going to stimulate the outer/lower pec muscles. That's why so few people have a really well developed upper/inner chest.
    my chest has that square look already, but its just a little rounded near the bottom, the seperation between my upper abs and lower pecs isint that great and im trying to fix that. the other trouble area is the very outside of the lower portion of my pecs...when i do barbell bench, dumbell bench, weighted dips, and cable crossovers, none of them seem to work the lower chest area for me. i just came back from the gym and did declines and it seemed to help a little but not very much

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd stick with decline, all types. Flyes, BB, DB's, cable cross-overs(hands low) and dips.
    I don't know either lol

tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That is exactly my ****ing problem. I dont think its my form, and it seems my rear delts and tri's are evenly sized so i dont think its overpowering by other muscle groups. My left outer and bottom portion is bigger than my right, but my right is my strong side. I am thinking its from lifting last year w/ wrist problems on my right hand. I hate trying to focus on evening out the bottom portion of my chest to even it out b/c its taking all my focus away from my incline which is what i really want to focus on. So i end up doing both and just dont seem to be noticing them evening out, the left gets bigger, more rounded out, and the right side is very very slowly progressing. Anyone with some advice on this would be great.

Btw, i made a post on this a few weeks ago but to no aviail.
    Sometimes you have to see the bottom before you reach the top

R.I.P.
    Josh aka Fingers
    Steve P.
    Joe G.
    Tiffany G.
    Josh B.
    Steve Irwin (ultimate alpha)

Eats Children for Protein JacksCleverWit's Avatar
    JacksCleverWit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacksCleverWit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacksCleverWit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacksCleverWit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacksCleverWit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacksCleverWit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JacksCleverWit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wider grip.
    Stats as of 8/16/05:
    -------------------
    Arms: 15"
    Thighs: 24"
    Calves: 15 1/2"

That's all I've got, I'll measure the rest later.

Originally Posted by tbohacker
    Btw, i made a post on this a few weeks ago but to no aviail.
    Same.

I'd post a pic but I'm too ashamed. My chest looks like a bowling pin set on its side. 0o.

lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    to get that sweep to the lower outer chest area do the weighted ( when able) leaning (slightly ) forward dips .
    if you want good training advice , dont ask the biggest guy in the gym. ask the guy who's made the most improvement

Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Same.

I'd post a pic but I'm too ashamed. My chest looks like a bowling pin set on its side. 0o.
    Just post one. I can't figure out what you're talking about. Bowling pin? C'mon seriously.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jotun
    Dips, particularly wide-grip dips, will help immensely with this. Restricting the range of motion to the bottom 2/3 will also help keep the tension on the pecs.

What's up dude!!

Spot on by the way re: wide grip dips.

Decline flyes done with a partial range of motion (lower) will work, as will wide grip decline BB presses.

Originally Posted by Worldwide
    Just post one. I can't figure out what you're talking about. Bowling pin? C'mon seriously.
    Sorry my digi cam isn't taking very good pics right now. But here:
    Attached Images

tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry my digi cam isn't taking very good pics right now. But here:
    LOL nice drawing....... anyways im gonna stick to my wide grip presses and decline flyes. Good Luck with your progress
    Sometimes you have to see the bottom before you reach the top

R.I.P.
    Josh aka Fingers
    Steve P.
    Joe G.
    Tiffany G.
    Josh B.
    Steve Irwin (ultimate alpha)

Hell is worth all that... The_Champ01's Avatar
    The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cool

Genetics or you're not eating enough. I know a guy that has never entered a gym and just does variations of the push-up at home and has one of the best roundest chests I have ever ****ing seen, mother****er I'm jealous of his super genetics! He eats like **** too, not ****ing fair...
    "Alcohol and night swimming... it's a winning combination!".

And the people bowed and prayed to the neon god they made.

I steal my **** from MacGyver...

If women ran the world, we'd still be searching for the wheel.

Originally Posted by The_Champ01
    Genetics or you're not eating enough. I know a guy that has never entered a gym and just does variations of the push-up at home and has one of the best roundest chests I have ever ****ing seen, mother****er I'm jealous of his super genetics! He eats like **** too, not ****ing fair...
    i eat enuf, ive gained i think 7 lbs of muscle in the past 3 weeks...the body fat pincher thing i use said i only rose .1% bf so far

im pretty sure i can get mass there if i focus more on declines, im going to eliminate flat bench and just do: (rough numbers)
    3 x 10 incline BB bench
    3 x 10 decline BB bench
    2 x 10 decline flies
    2 x 10 high cable crossovers (for upper chest)
    2 x 10 low cable crossovers (for lower chest)

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wide grip dips.

Originally Posted by DiamondDelts
    Wide grip dips.
    so i have the handles in the "outside" position as opposed to the "close together" position? leaning forward of course. i might try those next workout and see if i can feel anything from them, thanks

Hell is worth all that... The_Champ01's Avatar
    The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ok guys, a secret I have found to find the mind muscle connection for the chest is to practice this exercise. Isometric Chest Squeeze.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...on=&order=Name

Basically do the same thing as demonstrated but I really found that if I vary the exercise a little and raise my arms parallel to the floor and push together I can really feel my chest contract adn tense up. It may not work for you but it definitely worked for me in helping me located that mind muscle connection...

Hope that helped...
    "Alcohol and night swimming... it's a winning combination!".

And the people bowed and prayed to the neon god they made.

I steal my **** from MacGyver...

If women ran the world, we'd still be searching for the wheel.

Originally Posted by The_Champ01
    Ok guys, a secret I have found to find the mind muscle connection for the chest is to practice this exercise. Isometric Chest Squeeze.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...on=&order=Name

Basically do the same thing as demonstrated but I really found that if I vary the exercise a little and raise my arms parallel to the floor and push together I can really feel my chest contract adn tense up. It may not work for you but it definitely worked for me in helping me located that mind muscle connection...

Hope that helped...
    i can flex my chest when in a relaxed position, thanks :P
    definetly useful tho, reps for that
    Last edited by WillB485; 10-03-2005 at 08:20 PM.

BDSimpson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by W8isGR8

This is somewhat true, however lactic acid build up occurs towards the origin of the muscle which induces more blood flow to the region which inturn produces more growth. W8isGR8 is right though b/c any chest exercise will work the entire pectoralis major muscle. Your problem is probably either related to A. Genetics or B. Body fat. Try to lower your body fat some and your outer/lower chest will show more.

But weighted dips will help alot in chest development so I would definitely add them to your routine. Just make sure you lean forward and go down as far as you can so you hit the chest more than your triceps.

Also go SLOW and really concentrate on flexing your chest muscles as this will activate more of your muscles fibers and induce growth.

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I want to develop a chest like this guy.
    Presume
    Wide grip dips
    Flat flyes heavy
    Incline flyes heavy
    Attached Images

Bullishrook15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try doing decline benching with both hands 5cm apart from the center of the bar

Brypro is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Lower outer chest

I'd love to know how dolph lundgren developed a chest like this.
    I'm thinking decline BB press
    Decline DB fly or press
    Inclined DB PRESS OR FLYS