24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

Reply
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Cutting JRRBadBoy4Life's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: United States
    Stats: 5'8", 202 lbs
    Posts: 15,742
    BodyPoints: 22939
    Rep Power: 4150
    JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit JRRBadBoy4Life's BodySpace
    JRRBadBoy4Life is offline

    Is there a typical amino acid profile for whey protein?

    I noticed most whey proteins don't list the amino acid profile anymore. Anyways, I found this:
    Amino Acid Profile:
    L-Alanine 1068mg
    L-Arginine 601mg
    L-Aspartic Acid 2574mg
    L-Cystine 314mg
    L-Glycine 482mg
    L-Glutamic Acid 3815mg
    L-Histidine* 493mg
    L-Isoleucine (BCAA)* 1044mg
    L-Leucine (BCAA)* 2745mg
    L-Lysine* 2133mg
    L-Methionine* 848mg
    L-Phenylalanine 848mg
    L-Proline 1047mg
    L-Serine 1111mg
    L-Threonine 1226mg
    L-Tryptophan 627mg
    L-Tyrosine 822mg
    L-Valine (BCAA) 1070mg

    This was for SciFit's Econo Whey. After a quick search this was the only one I could find that still gave an amino acid profile.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    C6H13NO2 pu12en12g's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Stats: 6'0", 215 lbs
    Posts: 91,684
    BodyPoints: 56743
    Rep Power: 69221
    pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit pu12en12g's BodySpace
    pu12en12g is offline
    Optimum 100% Whey

    Per serving:

    Protein 23 g
    L-Leucine 2470 mg
    L-Isoleucine 1520 mg
    L-Valine 1440 mg
    L-Glutamine 3870 mg
    L-Proline 1540 mg
    L-Histidine 400 mg
    L-Lysine 2120 mg
    L-Methionine 440 mg
    L-Phenylalanine 670 mg
    L-Threonine 1720 mg
    L-Tryptophan 240 mg
    L-Alanine 1380 mg
    L-Arginine 480 mg
    L-Aspartic Acid 2490 mg
    L-Cystine 440 mg
    L-Glycine 530 mg
    L-Serine 1240 mg
    L-Tyrosine 590 mg
    CONTROLLED LABS - WINNING the WAR against GENETICS
    Senior Research and Development Consultant

    Email: pt [at] controlledlabs.com

    Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility/no cross contamination).
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User David77's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2005
    Age: 33
    Posts: 3,509
    BodyPoints: 2890
    Rep Power: 887
    David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit David77's BodySpace
    David77 is offline
    Amino Acid Profile

    Per 100 grams

    Alanine 5.2
    Arginine 2.5
    Aspartic Acid 11
    Cystine 2.6
    Glutamic Acid 12.9
    Glycine 1.9
    Histidine 2.0
    Isoleucine 6.5
    Leucine 11
    Lysine 9.6
    Methionine 2.2
    Phenylalanine 3.5
    Proline 5.9
    Serine 4.9
    Threonine 6.8
    Tryptophan 1.8
    Tyrosine 3.2
    Valine 6.2

    True protein whey isolate profile.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Cutting JRRBadBoy4Life's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: United States
    Stats: 5'8", 202 lbs
    Posts: 15,742
    BodyPoints: 22939
    Rep Power: 4150
    JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit JRRBadBoy4Life's BodySpace
    JRRBadBoy4Life is offline
    After looking at the BCAA's in these two, it would appear to me that it would be just as beneficial and more cost effective to drink one of these as opposed to Xtend or another BCAA product. Thats what Ive been looking for. I think Im going to just stick with whey preworkout.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    psycho Prez's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 153
    Rep Power: 179
    Prez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Prez is offline
    Originally Posted by JRRBadBoy4Life
    After looking at the BCAA's in these two, it would appear to me that it would be just as beneficial and more cost effective to drink one of these as opposed to Xtend or another BCAA product. Thats what Ive been looking for. I think Im going to just stick with whey preworkout.
    You're right. But generally the BCAAs found in whey are peptide-bonded, while a stand-alone in a BCAA product they are free-form aminos. Some say that free-form aminos "work better" and "faster" when you need them (pre/post workout). Both are important to take, but at different times.
    6'0
    241 lbs.
    12% BF
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User myPecsRbigger's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2004
    Location: australia
    Age: 31
    Posts: 1,873
    BodyPoints: 4511
    Rep Power: 758
    myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit myPecsRbigger's BodySpace
    myPecsRbigger is offline
    yeap bcaas and whey are the difference between good and optimal, bcaas are not needed and are only really usefull for that edge once you have your diet training perfected
    PHD in bro science
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Up And Out cakedonkey's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: Massachusetts, United States
    Posts: 7,225
    BodyPoints: 19320
    Rep Power: 3440
    cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit cakedonkey's BodySpace
    cakedonkey is offline
    Originally Posted by JRRBadBoy4Life
    After looking at the BCAA's in these two, it would appear to me that it would be just as beneficial and more cost effective to drink one of these as opposed to Xtend or another BCAA product. Thats what Ive been looking for. I think Im going to just stick with whey preworkout.

    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...caa+worth+word
    SAN Nutrition
    sann.net / pumpedmag.com / starmarklabs.com
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    C6H13NO2 pu12en12g's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Stats: 6'0", 215 lbs
    Posts: 91,684
    BodyPoints: 56743
    Rep Power: 69221
    pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit pu12en12g's BodySpace
    pu12en12g is offline
    Originally Posted by Prez
    You're right. But generally the BCAAs found in whey are peptide-bonded, while a stand-alone in a BCAA product they are free-form aminos. Some say that free-form aminos "work better" and "faster" when you need them (pre/post workout). Both are important to take, but at different times.
    Don't forget "during workout", which is considered the optimal time to take the free-form BCAA's

    I recommend Bulk Leucine powder, ICE, Vendetta, or Xtend.
    CONTROLLED LABS - WINNING the WAR against GENETICS
    Senior Research and Development Consultant

    Email: pt [at] controlledlabs.com

    Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility/no cross contamination).
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User Mboymaxi's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2015
    Age: 50
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mboymaxi is offline
    Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    You're right. But generally the BCAAs found in whey are peptide-bonded, while a stand-alone in a BCAA product they are free-form aminos. Some say that free-form aminos "work better" and "faster" when you need them (pre/post workout). Both are important to take, but at different times.
    I think you're slightly confused here: BCAA are indeed bonded but when you take them they need to be digested (cleaved from the bonds) before the body can use them. The three BCAA are part of the nine EAA so just taking the free form EAA will cover both and yes, they'll get into your system quicker because they don't need to be digested first.

    BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science.
    Specialist Biomedical Scientist specialising in Biochemistry.
    Last edited by Mboymaxi; 02-07-2015 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Adding qualifications and employment
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User nathangreen's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Age: 24
    Stats: 6'2", 185 lbs
    Posts: 2,264
    Rep Power: 4907
    nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit nathangreen's BodySpace
    nathangreen is offline
    Originally Posted by Mboymaxi View Post
    I think you're slightly confused here: BCAA are indeed bonded but when you take them they need to be digested (cleaved from the bonds) before the body can use them. The three BCAA are part of the nine EAA so just taking the free form EAA will cover both and yes, they'll get into your system quicker because they don't need to be digested first.

    BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science.
    Specialist Biomedical Scientist specialising in Biochemistry.
    Strong Bump

    Strong inaccurate



    No peptide bonds Mr. BSc lmao
    "Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

    *SPRING CUTTERS CREW* SCC
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User Mboymaxi's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2015
    Age: 50
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mboymaxi is offline
    Originally Posted by nathangreen View Post
    Strong Bump

    Strong inaccurate

    No peptide bonds Mr. BSc lmao
    I said bonded, not peptide bonded, and this is when in free form (perhaps you should learn to read)!

    They are called branched chain amino acids for a reason: it's because they are bonded to side chains with a branch, but having said that, all AA including BCAA are bonded to other AA by peptide bonds to form proteins. Proteins are strings of AA and BCAA bonded together by peptide bonds, just as they are in whey protein.

    Also, anyone can google images of BCAA, but it's obvious you don't understand the free form images you see!

    I think your 'strong bump' has been deflected, and your 'strong inaccurate' has itself been proven to be inaccurate!

    He who laughs last laughs best!
    Last edited by Mboymaxi; 02-08-2015 at 03:37 AM. Reason: amendment
    BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science.
    Specialist Biomedical Scientist, specialising in Biochemistry.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Free Menncop rhadam's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Stats: 6'1", 208 lbs
    Posts: 24,710
    Rep Power: 102670
    rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit rhadam's BodySpace
    rhadam is offline
    Your qualifications are irrelevant.

    This is a 10 year old thread, and the amino acid content of whey protein is basically irrelevant.
    bodyrecomposition
    alanaragonblog
    ncbi

    Current mode: training my ass off for CCT / TACP
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Registered User Mboymaxi's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2015
    Age: 50
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mboymaxi is offline
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Your qualifications are irrelevant.

    This is a 10 year old thread, and the amino acid content of whey protein is basically irrelevant.
    Why are my qualifications and the AA content irrelevant?
    The AA content is exactly the topic of discussion and my quals in biochemistry are certainly relevant!
    The age of the thread is irrelevant, this thread is still out there for people to view and I was commenting to the post by Prez.
    BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science.
    Specialist Biomedical Scientist, specialising in Biochemistry.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    Registered User nathangreen's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Age: 24
    Stats: 6'2", 185 lbs
    Posts: 2,264
    Rep Power: 4907
    nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit nathangreen's BodySpace
    nathangreen is offline
    Originally Posted by Mboymaxi View Post
    I said bonded, not peptide bonded, and this is when in free form (perhaps you should learn to read)!

    They are called branched chain amino acids for a reason: it's because they are bonded to side chains with a branch, but having said that, all AA including BCAA are bonded to other AA by peptide bonds to form proteins. Proteins are strings of AA and BCAA bonded together by peptide bonds, just as they are in whey protein.

    Also, anyone can google images of BCAA, but it's obvious you don't understand the free form images you see!

    I think your 'strong bump' has been deflected, and your 'strong inaccurate' has itself been proven to be inaccurate!

    He who laughs last laughs best!
    lmao please be trolling. of course they have bonds but this is irrelevant. Prez said they are not peptide bonded and you said he was confused and they are indeed bonded. Plz go /thread
    "Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

    *SPRING CUTTERS CREW* SCC
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Registered User Mboymaxi's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2015
    Age: 50
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mboymaxi is offline
    Originally Posted by nathangreen View Post
    lmao please be trolling. of course they have bonds but this is irrelevant. Prez said they are not peptide bonded and you said he was confused and they are indeed bonded. Plz go /thread
    You have this so wrong.

    Prez said they ARE peptide bonded in whey protein. (it’s in the second sentence beginning “But generally”), do I really need to point that out to you??!! Now you say Prez said they are not peptide bonded. Nowhere in Prez’s post (that I replied to) are the words “they are not peptide bonded”.
    See the quote below:

    "You're right. But generally the BCAAs found in whey are peptide-bonded, while a stand-alone in a BCAA product they are free-form aminos. Some say that free-form aminos "work better" and "faster" when you need them (pre/post workout). Both are important to take, but at different times.”

    To which I replied:

    “I think you're slightly confused here: BCAA are indeed bonded but when you take them they need to be digested (cleaved from the bonds) before the body can use them. The three BCAA are part of the nine EAA so just taking the free form EAA will cover both and yes, they'll get into your system quicker because they don't need to be digested first.”

    Meaning the peptide bonds within the protein doesn’t need to be digested to release the BCAA because they have been taken in free form and therefore have no peptide bonds. THE CONFUSION was taking both; if you take free form EAA then you are covering both because the three BCAA are part of the nine EAA, so you do not need to take BOTH BCAA and EAA.

    You then replied with images of free form BCAA and implied I was inaccurate because there was not a peptide bond in sight. Of course there wasn't because they were free form images, PMSL, and I never said free form were peptide bonded; I pointed that out to you by saying “I said bonded not peptide bonded”, because even in free form they are bonded to branched side chains.

    There was absolutely nothing wrong with my first post in reply to Prez.

    You either misunderstood what I first posted and you are now just squirming around or you are just twisting things purposely to be argumentative.

    Either way; if your whole argument and the cause of the laughter you are experiencing so much that you speak of is based on me saying they were peptide bonded to Prez’s post that they wern’t peptide bonded, then I reiterate, learn to read!

    I could digest the posts further to make it easier for you to understand but I can’t be bothered and I now grow very very tired of this conversation, I think you just need to grow up and stop being argumentative!!
    BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science.
    Specialist Biomedical Scientist, specialising in Biochemistry.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Registered User nathangreen's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Age: 24
    Stats: 6'2", 185 lbs
    Posts: 2,264
    Rep Power: 4907
    nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nathangreen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit nathangreen's BodySpace
    nathangreen is offline
    Originally Posted by Mboymaxi View Post
    You have this so wrong.

    Prez said they ARE peptide bonded in whey protein. (it’s in the second sentence beginning “But generally”), do I really need to point that out to you??!! Now you say Prez said they are not peptide bonded. Nowhere in Prez’s post (that I replied to) are the words “they are not peptide bonded”.
    See the quote below:

    "You're right. But generally the BCAAs found in whey are peptide-bonded, while a stand-alone in a BCAA product they are free-form aminos. Some say that free-form aminos "work better" and "faster" when you need them (pre/post workout). Both are important to take, but at different times.”

    To which I replied:

    “I think you're slightly confused here: BCAA are indeed bonded but when you take them they need to be digested (cleaved from the bonds) before the body can use them. The three BCAA are part of the nine EAA so just taking the free form EAA will cover both and yes, they'll get into your system quicker because they don't need to be digested first.”

    Meaning the peptide bonds within the protein doesn’t need to be digested to release the BCAA because they have been taken in free form and therefore have no peptide bonds. THE CONFUSION was taking both; if you take free form EAA then you are covering both because the three BCAA are part of the nine EAA, so you do not need to take BOTH BCAA and EAA.

    You then replied with images of free form BCAA and implied I was inaccurate because there was not a peptide bond in sight. Of course there wasn't because they were free form images, PMSL, and I never said free form were peptide bonded; I pointed that out to you by saying “I said bonded not peptide bonded”, because even in free form they are bonded to branched side chains.

    There was absolutely nothing wrong with my first post in reply to Prez.

    You either misunderstood what I first posted and you are now just squirming around or you are just twisting things purposely to be argumentative.

    Either way; if your whole argument and the cause of the laughter you are experiencing so much that you speak of is based on me saying they were peptide bonded to Prez’s post that they wern’t peptide bonded, then I reiterate, learn to read!

    I could digest the posts further to make it easier for you to understand but I can’t be bothered and I now grow very very tired of this conversation, I think you just need to grow up and stop being argumentative!!
    Sea of Red. Stay Irate mate
    "Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

    *SPRING CUTTERS CREW* SCC
    Reply With Quote

  17. #17
    Registered User Mboymaxi's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2015
    Age: 50
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mboymaxi is offline
    Originally Posted by nathangreen View Post
    Sea of Red. Stay Irate mate
    Yawn
    BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science.
    Specialist Biomedical Scientist, specialising in Biochemistry.
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts