pure_ecto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Front squats and neck pain

wondering if anyone can help here, after a set or two of front squats on the free rack, I develop a painful knot on the back of my neck. I have to stop because it gets so cramped. Anyone have any insights on form that might help?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pure_ecto View Post
    wondering if anyone can help here, after a set or two of front squats on the free rack, I develop a painful knot on the back of my neck. I have to stop because it gets so cramped. Anyone have any insights on form that might help?

1. Check the bar placement.
    2. Don't strain your neck. Look straight.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i agree w/droppin the weight.. how's your form??? are your elbows pointed up??? (parallel to ground or higher is "ok")

I hit a PR last night on front squats, after my working sets (of back and then front squats).....

yeaaaaa budday
    SCIVATION XTEND...... 8-10 scoops a-day make the fibras happy!!!!!!

check my bodyspace blog.....

learn how to squat right SQUAT RX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8CWv8UPAI&mode=related&search=

UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) UtahRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vegasdsm View Post
    I hit a PR last night on front squats, after my working sets (of back and then front squats).....
    How much?

vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by UtahRocks View Post
    How much?
    225 for a single... i had ~240 in me but after a 5x5 (@335) on back squats and pyramid on fronts my enthusiasm wasnt really there.....

i did get a couple looks after i said "yeeeaaaaa buddaaaaaay.... light weight!!!" a couple times before i took the bar outta the rack...

my delts are sore as **** today from the weight legs are tight... they will be sore around 10pm tonight... (imo)

cheers
    SCIVATION XTEND...... 8-10 scoops a-day make the fibras happy!!!!!!

check my bodyspace blog.....

learn how to squat right SQUAT RX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8CWv8UPAI&mode=related&search=

donk120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donk120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donk120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donk120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive always done em in a smith machine as i found it a lil more productive and a whole lot easier to balance. i think ur shoulders have rolled forward when doin it and has put a bit pressure part of ur neck thats y its sore. geez u boys are doin alright im just up to 225 since i do mine in the smith it doesnt compare.

steamhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

neck pain

Found the same problem with my neck after front squats. The pain and stiffness were unbelievable
    Had right hip replaced 4 months back and decided to go with front sqats. I guess there's a learning curve. Anybody have problems with holding there arms for the front squat .

Ukirockstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukirockstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukirockstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukirockstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukirockstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukirockstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukirockstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukirockstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukirockstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukirockstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ukirockstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive pulled a neck muscle. horrible pain took three weeks off. it was awful . good luck