_Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50)

_Spirals Path to 13% or less, I'm Not Skelooth

Once I post my pics some of you might recognize me as Gungho. I dropped another 15-20lbs over the spring/summer and I've just recently moved from NC to DC. I've gone around a month now without working out and at this point I feel i'm beginning my final phase of fat loss.
    At the moment I sit at 165lbs at 5'7-5'8(depends on how happy I get?). I have an ok amount of muscle for a newb. I hope to join a local Golds Gym tomorrow or on Monday, in which I'll be on a 5 day routine that I'll be fleshing out this weekend. I think I'm going to try to keep my calories around 1800-2000 and I'd like to cut off around 15lbs of fat in all. Well I won't say lbs, I just want a semi-solid look...being CUT isn't my goal at the moment.

Anyhew I'll be posting pictures every Friday and I'd like tips on how to keep my weight loss progressive, as well as diet tips as I'll try to list everything I eat. Time for bed now but i'll try to take some pics this weekend to post Monday for my beginning pictures.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, I'm glad you're not skelooth at least
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

_Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Spiral will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    LOL hah. Yeah I figured I'd add that in since i've been watching your progress for a while. This time around I'll show the same dedication as you. I started off in the 230s and around this summer I finally touched mid 160s but i'm still very very soft. I'd say 17-18% which isn't bad considering where I started off from but not my obsession is kicking in and i'd like to go to the low teens if possible or lower.
    Anyhew, I'm joining my new gym today. I was going to start working out on monday but it's almost been a month now and I can't resist it.

So for day one i'm going to work chest/shoulders and i'll probably walk the 20 blocks home for cardio everyday except for leg day.

Heading out now i'll give more details when I return!

Red face

Alright well I finally have a gym so i'm 100% in business.

My current weight judging by the gyms scale is 170 flat.

Chest 42.2
    Left Arm 14.2
    Right Arm 14.5
    Waist 34
    Left Leg 22
    Right leg 22.3

I started off today with Chest/Shoulders...I mostly just played around with the weights and did BB Bench, DB Incline, BB Decline, Cable Flys in that order... Lateral Raises, BB Shoulder Press, Cable Rows supersetted with Pull ups. I then walked 24 blocks home right after lifting, I plan on doing this every day I lift except leg day. The majority of my walk home is uphill and after leg day I already know I won't be able to do it.

Meals
    Meal One: Large handful of spinach, 2 cups green tea, 1 cup yerbamate
    Meal Two: Handful of pretzels(this was foolish and I'm sorry)
    Meal Three: 50g whey shake after lifting
    Meal Four: Fish with shrimps and some sort of onion sauce(no sugar...it's a african dish my sisters fiance made for us and they tend to eat very healthy), A salad mixed with lettuce, spinach, orange bell pepper and olive oil/salt.

The one thing that has me in awe is the lack of protein. I used to be a person that ate so much meat and after righting this I see my last roommate who was a vegetarian some how tricked me into eating all of these vegetables without even thinking. Tomorrow I'll make sure to throw in 2-3 cans of tuna and pick up some chicken tomorrow night.

On another note i'm kind of sorry as I was 158 at my lowest three weeks ago before moving to DC. Mostly from sweating while working loading trucks at UPS. During that period I bounced between 158-165 and today I came in at 170. I'm sure it's mostly water weight..and just a little fat that i've gained back but still a step in the wrong direction. Any tips and comments are appreciated. As for my pics i've decided to hold off until next friday just to keep things organized (and to give myself a week to really be into it before I hurt my own feelings more). Until then...help and/or flame away.

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You are getting NO protein (or calories) in before you lift. Start eating.

But you already mentioned this. Just wanted to pound it into your head.

Red face

Ok so Day #2. I was curious and noticed I was pissing more...even though I haven't been drinking more water. SO today I re-weighed myself...165. I'm hoping my avg is around 167ish and not the dreaded 170 i saw on Sunday.

Anyhew...so far today I've eaten..
    Meal One: Cup of green tea, one egg
    Meal Two: Large bowl of lettuce/spinach/bell pepper..half a can of tuna(took to work with me so i ate half during each break)
    Meal Three: The rest of my salad with tuna, a chicken wrap from a organic restaurant that consisted of a full chicken breast cut up into strips/lettuce/tomatoe and agassi cheese(??? first time eating this)
    Meal Four: Not sure if this is considered a meal but 42g whey protein shake after lifting...then once home a large handful of peanuts
    Meal Five: 2 Chicken breasts, 2 tbls of couscous, one stick of celery, and a 60g protein shake with nat. pb.

Workout - Backday
    BB Rows, Lat Pulldowns, Pullups, Deadlifts, then I teased my biceps with a few sets of curling...my real arm day is thurs but in the past I find I make better gains with I tease muscles a few days before the heavy workout.

Today I walked even further...instead of taking a bus from the work to the gym I walked to the gym....then from the gym home the LONG WAY. a total of 37 blocks. Not including the 8 blocks I walked this morning to the bus stop. Once again this will be the norm except on leg day.
    Critique, bash, flame, power water on the fire then flame again. That is all!
    Last edited by _Spiral; 10-03-2005 at 07:29 PM.

Ok today I worked my Biceps and Triceps

Overhead Extensions 5x5 with 70lb dumbbell
    Tricep pushdowns 5x5 with 100lbs and rope
    Dips 3x12(i'll start using a weight belt again tomorrow with a 45lb plate)
    One handed underhand Tricep pulldowns (correct name): 5x5 with 40lbs
    I tried to do close grip bench today but my muscles are still getting used to working out and my chest felt like it was going to tear so i'm holding it off until next week when i have a strict plan.

Preacher curls 5x8 with 50-60lbs
    Sitting DB curls with 35-40lbs 4x8
    Hammer curls...5x5 40lbs

Walked home my usual 37 blocks

Meal One: Usual salad..with cheese
    Meal Two: Chicken breast pita, brownie(pre-workout) wasn't the best choice but i felt i needed calories and I slipped when I bought. I'll plan better from now on.
    Meal Three: 42g protein shake post workout
    Meal Four: Chicken breast, potato salad 1 1/2 table spoon
    Meal Five: 80g protein shake with table spoon olive oil. Pb sandwich, 3table spoons yogurt

Pictures still coming friday...i guess thats when the real critiquing can start but I just want to write down what I do so I can know where I go wrong and where I actually do things that are beneficial to my goal.

TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    keep hammerin bro
    Starting the cut.

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bro, did you set up a solid workout routine? 4-5 day split? What muscle groups each day etc?
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Yeah my true routine startslast week. I'm all too familiar with the first week soreness so I've just worn each muscle group down...i started on sunday this week so i can have a three day rest with good eating before I hit it on monday.

Yesterday my diet was horrible...not in the sense that I cheated allthat much, though I hated the idea of eating raw potatos, being right after a workout and multi-mile uphill walk I don't feel TOO bad. I also didn't eat as much as I should...

Meal One: PB a J sandwich (this one was just stupid, i did use natty pb though)
    Meal Two: Turkey in a tortilla with 1tbl shredded cheddar and a lot of spinach
    Meal Three: Handful of peanuts/a few pretzels(about 140 cal worth) pre-workout
    Meal Four: 50g protein shake(post workout)
    Meal Five: 3 Salmond Cakes(baked), 2 tbl potato salad (no mayo, damn white potatos)

For working out this week I just did abs for around 20min..
    Hanging leg raises 4x8
    Weighted crunches I believe in all, used a crunch machine with 50-70lbs until failure
    DB Sidebends 3x8 on each side

Then I limped home the usual 37 blocks uphill at a moderate/fast pace.

Oh yeah instead of 165 lets say my happy median is 168...the first was a estimate...

Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Listen mate, your diet is all outta wack.

Nothing is going to happen weight and muscle wise if you dont fix it.

Your eating virtually nothing for breakfest - salads and 1 egg dont cut it

Eat a bowl of oats with 3/4 eggs and a piece of fruit

You need to sort your macros out also. Just by looking at your diet your consuming way too much fat.

Go to fitday and enter all your meals in there and see how your macros turn out.

I think you're right on the too much fat portion. Yesterday was a bad day all together thus....I'm simply going to say (BAD DAY) and leave it at that. Continuing now. As far as muscle goes, I'm lucky enough to not have a problem gaining muscle. I was up to 15.5 inch arms before I started my UPS job and moved out on my own..lack of $$$ for food and working to the point of throwing up during the summer made me lose some of the muscle. I got that far only eating aroudn 1800 cal a day. I dunno, I think i have a REALLY slow metabolism. But you're right on the diet is out of wack thing. I'm off from lifting until monday(i'll still be walking alot) but can someone give me an example of a full 40/40/20 day diet? I would check the back threads but I'm kind of in and out running around today.

Here's some pictures for today. I couldn't figure out my sisters timer so I'll put new ones up tonight after I get off from work. I had to use my vampire speed to get to the other side of the room in 2 secs so the poses plain out SUCK and i didn't even get to flex...(or hold my breath..hehheh). These will do for now...I introduce to you...my lard ass.
    Attached Images

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The timer on my webcam is only 9 seconds All of my progress pictures are at the end of me sprinting into position
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

Originally Posted by _Spiral
    Meal One: PB a J sandwich (this one was just stupid, i did use natty pb though)
    Meal Two: Turkey in a tortilla with 1tbl shredded cheddar and a lot of spinach
    Meal Three: Handful of peanuts/a few pretzels(about 140 cal worth) pre-workout
    Meal Four: 50g protein shake(post workout)
    Meal Five: 3 Salmond Cakes(baked), 2 tbl potato salad (no mayo, damn white potatos)
    Neither "Meal Three" nor "Meal Four" are meals. You are not going to succeed by starving yourself.

The baked salmon is good (protein, Omega-3s), as is the turkey (provided it's real turkey and not from the deli). You need way more unprocessed, whole food carbohydrates in your diet. Lose the pretzels and add some fruits and vegetables. Have a banana with those peanuts instead, for example.

Oatmeal for breakfast. I realize that it's tough to build up the courage to eat this stuff, but suck up and deal with it. Those are darn near the best carbs you can have first thing in the morning. I put raisins in mine (the only fruit in my diet at the moment).

C.K.

^ thats just it...i'm not a guy that eats much anyways often...so yeah i'm working on getting more into my diet..i'll slowly add up

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by _Spiral
    ^ thats just it...i'm not a guy that eats much anyways often...so yeah i'm working on getting more into my diet..i'll slowly add up
    Just keep the momentum and keep making changes for the better whenever you can. Soon you'll get addicted to making positive because you'll love seeing better and better results.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

Cool

Ok after a week of playing around to get used to lifting again and slight attempt and seeing how I'm going to eat I can get strict. Here's my workout for the first 8 weeks. It's somewhat like what I did during the spring and it worked well so I'll see what it does for me through the fall.

Monday - Chest
    BB Bench
    Decline BB Bench
    DB Incline Ben
    Decline DB Flys
    Dips 3x

Tuesday - Shoulders
    Military Press
    BB Upright Rows
    DB Lateral Raises
    DB Rear Lateral Raise

Wednesday - Legs
    Full Squat
    Leg Press
    Lying Leg Curls
    Smith BB Lunges
    Seated Calve Raises

Thursday - Triceps
    Close Grip Bench
    DB Tri Extensions
    Tri Pushdowns
    Reverse grip pushdowns
    Dips

Friday - Back/Biceps
    BB Rows
    Iso Low Rows
    Pullups
    Deadlifts
    Shrugs
    Cable Internal Rot.

Preacher Curls
    DB Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Chinups

As for diet I'll be going for 2000cal a day ultra clean...no cheese(and no damn pretzels OK!) no fatty meats, around 160g of protein a day. I'm also going to cut dairy period...just to see. I made great progress this summer and I do't think I drank as much milk as usual (i always have drank skim by the way).

I'll also have my multis, and ZMA(my favorite)...along with the usual whey. This starts today but I won't be posting my diet again until Monday morning...I'm making a format to follow with listing everything to keep it better organized for my posts. That is all!

Red face

Originally Posted by DJohnson
    Just keep the momentum and keep making changes for the better whenever you can. Soon you'll get addicted to making positive because you'll love seeing better and better results.

Yeah thats what I'm developing again. I used to be in the high 230s...i think i'm getting a mental thing where I'm happy for a while at whatever new BF i touch..then I feel fat again...i'm still fat..so I can't say I have an issue..until i hit like 12% and then still think that I'm flabby...but oh well. Thats the life I choose.

Bumping, i'm still here. I've mostly just been eating chicken and a lot of oatmeal with natty pb and around 140g of whey a day...i'd say around 1700-1800 cal a day. Hoping to equal at at 2000. I'm more so just changing my diet in a way to grow muscle...and lose fat at once since I find growing easy. Just focusing on eating really clean and eating enough but not enough to get fat off of. 2000 should be the magic # until...november then i may taper down or just start doing sprints along with my walking.

thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    space out your protein intake throught the day
    you can't absorb a 100 g at a time
    try 30-40 grams a serving spaced out every 2.5 hrs

Yeah those shakes are broken up...even a scoop in my oatmeal 2x a day.

I'm hoping to get to around this size again http://www.geocities.com/JamalBurgess84/bigger.jpg Though at a much lower bf...I've lost around 10-15lbs of fat since that picture and all around I'm a good deal stronger/more developed.

Red face

Still going, i've seen some changes but mostly from just being able to eat again and being back in the gym. I just got a small notebook to carry on me and basically if I can't write the nutrients down in my book or i feel guilty about putting it in there it's not going in me.(Minus veggies) If i'm around 169 with a ultra slow metabolism...where should I start off with my caloric intake?

I'm still at it, eating mostly clean with a bump here and there. I've noticed more results by cutting carbs off at 5pm. Then i'm now hitting each muscle 3x in a nine month stretch (customized DC lifting). When I was at my biggest I did something similar on my own just to be obsessive, it appears that it really does work for me. Taking in around 180-200g of protein a day...i'll slowly add on. Probably around 1800-2000 cal a day tops...when i get time i'll post the 2nd batch of progress pics, this will be on going.

Red face

Here's my progress pics for the beginning of november. I have a camera and have it all worked out..next time i'll move the light in front of me to make brighter pics. I'm working on my diet...I want around 2000 cal a day...Im working towards switching to purely organic food as I get the money. Also I'll be struggling to get used to not eating carbs after 6pm like I said I was doing earlier.

At this point i'm going to go out on a limb as say i'm at 21% bf at 168-170ish. Ok ok, 170.4 judging by the scale at the gym ;_; I gained 2 lbs since before but honestly I believe i've made some muscle gains..which tells me to pick up the cardio, the 50 min walk homes and sometimes TO work and the gym just aren't going to cut it. As of today I've begun waking up at 5:30am to do sprints in a field up the street from me. That is all, must keep struggling.
    Attached Images

pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like your diet is getting better and better. Keep up the good work man! =)
    2.Respect newbies. A lot to ask, I know, especially if they don't read the board rules. But please, do not flame them. Point out there mistake in a proper and to the point manner (the shorter the better, as stupid questions are never in short supply) and point them to the correct places to find the correct information. Rules, FAQ’s and the search button. -Board Protocol by BC

Umm I meant 9 day stretch above..not months

After looking at last months pics and this months I believe i've lost fat and gained muscle at the same time. But for some strange reason I don't believe I ate even 130g of protein a day. So for a week or so i'mgoing to try to post a dietary log on here as well as consciously trying to eat evn better. My new adjustment is to try to up my protein intake around 50 more grams and at the same time cut down on carbs just a little more. I've been pretty slack with the cutting carbs off after 6pm...so once again my goal is to make the carb cut off mandatory.

Cardio also needs to be improved, I went sprinting one morning but i'm just not a morning person so I'm not going to switch to mod. intensity after lifting. I seem to hold on to muscle very well so i'm not worried about that. I haven't made great gains in a while do to being so wishy washy and trying to cut..then trying to bulk..back and forth. I'm just going to go strong to 15%...take three weeks off to lift and maintain(when I maintain I seem to grow somewhat so chances are i'll make some muscle gain during this period) then i'll struggle for the last 2%. If anyone could give me an estimate as to where i am now...that would be cool. I say 21-22 but looking at my back I may be much lower...I hold all fat in the front and my legs show more definition than my back.

Sorry if I seem to be dragging on in this post...sunday is a slow day and I'm working on a design for my page to post my progression on. I'll have new pics up tomorrow morning.