quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Exclamation exercise questions- compound movements isolation movements (PLEASE READ)

The following are my exercises that I do (in order).

Back/Biceps Day:

Pullups: (to failure) 4 sets
    One Arm Row: 8-10 reps; 3 sets and 1 burnout set using the first weight
    Lat pulldown: superset immediately after one arm row
    Dumbell Curls: 8-10 reps for 4 sets
    Ez Bar Reverse Curl: superset with last 3 sets of dumbell curls (meaning that I do these after the dumbell curls with little or no rest).

Usually By the time I get to dumbell curls and ez reverse bar curls im so tired that i cant perform them anymore. Could I only just do these compound movements (pullups, one arm row, lat pulldown) since they work the biceps and forearm anyways? Or should I attempt to do the curls and reverse curls? Would I gain mass on my arms?

The same thing goes for my chest/triceps/shoulder day. By the time I get to tricep, I usually have no energy because I have exhausted them using Bench Press, Light weight Incline Press, and shoulder press. I got the idea about compound movements from Anthony Ellis since he said that compound movements give the most muscle mass compared to isolation.

Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldn't do pull ups and lat pulldowns in the same workout because they are too similar. I'd do barbell rows or seated cable rows instead of lat pulldowns. You'll find that compounds really work the biceps and triceps well so i reckon 1 isolation exercise would be enough, something like barbell curls and tricep pressdowns would probably work well.
    Weight-198lbs
    Overhead Squat-158lbs
    Clean & Jerk-202lbs
    Snatch - 153lbs
    Deadlift - 400lbs

quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I only do one superset of lat pulldown

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile

Originally Posted by quickups
    The following are my exercises that I do (in order).

Back/Biceps Day:

Pullups: (to failure) 4 sets
    One Arm Row: 8-10 reps; 3 sets and 1 burnout set using the first weight
    Lat pulldown: superset immediately after one arm row
    Dumbell Curls: 8-10 reps for 4 sets
    Ez Bar Reverse Curl: superset with last 3 sets of dumbell curls (meaning that I do these after the dumbell curls with little or no rest).

Usually By the time I get to dumbell curls and ez reverse bar curls im so tired that i cant perform them anymore. Could I only just do these compound movements (pullups, one arm row, lat pulldown) since they work the biceps and forearm anyways? Or should I attempt to do the curls and reverse curls? Would I gain mass on my arms?

The same thing goes for my chest/triceps/shoulder day. By the time I get to tricep, I usually have no energy because I have exhausted them using Bench Press, Light weight Incline Press, and shoulder press. I got the idea about compound movements from Anthony Ellis since he said that compound movements give the most muscle mass compared to isolation.

You're not ready for supersetting if you're getting too fatigue prior to what you deem "isolation" movements. Contrary to nonsensical dogma-you can gain plenty of mass from iso work. Mass is from teh food, not teh weights.

For OPTIMAL results, do compounds AND isolation lifts. Anyone who says to do nothing but compounds is either a communist or a closet powerlifter. If you love compound lifts so much just do O lifts twice a week like I do, and do bodybuilding and "isolation" lifts in between.

Let me expand upon the above polemic-we're going to use chin-ups as an example.

Chin ups work the Lats, Bi's, forearms, and abs. In fact, I would say they hit those pretty hard. Will chins necessarily develop those muscles to a noticable amount? Yes, in my opinion. BUT-If you add Iso work for the muscles that are being indirectly targeted-then you are adding gasoline to nitro-glycerin, and you are stepping off the short-bus onto the long bus and riding with the big boys.

I understand that you'd be too fatigues to properly work bi's after working your back, and the solution is to either work bi's first or to do them on a push day and not a pull day.

Also-more carbs, more sleep=less faitugue.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

bump

ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScrillaKeith is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RU4A69
    Anyone who says to do nothing but compounds is either a communist or a closet powerlifter.
    LOL
    www.ScrillaBeats.com

by the way i am also an ectomorph..

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by quickups
    by the way i am also an ectomorph..
    Then don't waste your time with supersets.
    I don't know either lol