bp#00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bp#00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just getting started, need some advise

I have been reading the board for about the past 3 weeks and finally decided to join the board.

Last July I strained my ACL, MCL, and tore some cartilage in my knee. I was not able to walk or run for 6 months and since I play competitive softball I have to quit. I got my knee drained about 5 times and scoped during the 6 months. During that time I gained about a good 50 lbs.

Well I’m back at playing ball to a full 100% after months of rehab on the knee. About a Month ago I decided to go on a diet and start cutting down my weights as much as possible. I have noticed my weight has taken a very big toll on me. I’m very tired after tournaments and get winded easier now. I have lost a good load of strength as well.

Let me know what you guys think about my new eating and working out schedule, please let me know if there is any more I can do to better myself.

5:00am – Pre-work shake
    5:30am – HITT Cardio then 1 hour of weights
    7:00am – Protein Shake, 1 cup of egg beaters, 1 cup of oats
    12:00noon – 6oz dry tuna, 1 cup of green beans
    3:30pm – Protein bar
    6:00pm – 1 dry chicken breast, some asparagus, ½ cup of green beans
    7:00pm to 9:30pm – play at least two 1 hour softball games 3 nights a weeks (4 games on Friday)
    10: pm – HITT Cardio and 1 hour of core workout
    11:30 – protein shack, then SLEEP

So far I have lost about 20 lbs in the last month. I workout Monday – Friday and play tournaments every weekend.
    Last edited by bp#00; 09-29-2005 at 08:27 PM.

iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bp#00
    5:00am – Pre-work shake
    5:30am – HITT Cardio then 1 hour of weights
    7:00am – Protein Shake, 1 cup of egg beaters, 1 cup of oats
    12:00noon – 6oz dry tuna, 1 cup of green beans
    3:30pm – Protein bar
    6:00pm – 1 dry chicken breast, some asparagus, ½ cup of green beans
    7:00pm to 9:30pm – play at least two 1 hour softball games 3 nights a weeks (4 games on Friday)
    10: pm – HITT Cardio and 1 hour of core workout
    11:30 – protein shack, then SLEEP

So far I have lost about 20 lbs in the last month. I workout Monday – Friday and play tournaments every weekend.
    First lets get something straight, are you bodybuilding or training for sports?
    If the former, then your whole schedule is off.
    - Dont do HIIT and weights on the same day, especially right after each other. Your doing that and your doing it 2x a day! That is over kill, Bodybuilding is more about proper nutrition.
    - Fix up your diet. 5-6 small meals, each containing protein (about 1.2g per lb split between 5-6 meals) As for the carbs, alot of people have mixed views. My advice is to split complex carbs up between your first 3-4 meals. I eat vegetables instead of high calorie carb sources for my last 2 meals. Also, dont forget the rest of the important micronutrents. Have some fruit in the morning and/or after you workout. As for fat, find some good sources of fat (fish oil, nuts, etc..) and spread that throughout your day.

bp#00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bp#00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm just trying to get in shape and lose some weight. I also want to bulk up a little.

I have always been a big person. I wrestled my whole life and am use to running and lifting on the same days. I'm pretty use to doing some crazy work outs and running schedules. Doing HITT and then lifting has no bothered me a bite. in fact I feel pretty good once I'm done.

I notice some weight lose and feel much better about myself.

I have always been a short fat guy my whole life. I wrestled in the 275lbs class and just stopped about a year ago. I really need to lose weight and change my life.

So far I have stopped drinking beer and sodas, no more junk food, no snack. All I drink is water