Closed Thread
Page 51 of 421 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 12628
    lacrosse34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lacrosse34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wings and a beer at 4:30, picked up that girl at 5 and went to dinner, ended dinner at 7pm...that was a long cheat meal. but it was soooo good.

back to work on monday
    D

nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000) nrk5014 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lacrosse34 View Post
    wings and a beer at 4:30, picked up that girl at 5 and went to dinner, ended dinner at 7pm...that was a long cheat meal. but it was soooo good.

back to work on monday
    did you get your dookie wet then you cudda worked off some of your cheat and not felt guilty
    My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3338131

lacrosse34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lacrosse34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nrk5014 View Post
    did you get your dookie wet then you cudda worked off some of your cheat and not felt guilty
    hahahah. unfortunately, no. maybe next time
    D

alkline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    excuse my lack of searching, but are you guys taking fibre capsuals? or what you taking for your fibre needs?

Kingkong ain't got nuthin Mtawali's Avatar
    Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by alkline View Post
    excuse my lack of searching, but are you guys taking fibre capsuals? or what you taking for your fibre needs?
    I take fiberlyze.
    IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A PUNCH DON'T THROW ONE!!

jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question

Hello, I just joined this forum but I have been reading threads at BB.com. I am 20 years old, weight 200lb 5'11" with 20% bf. I am interested in the Palumbo's diet and have learned this past three -four days while reading through this thread. This summer I will be free and will like to get to about 15% bf and keep whatever lean muscles I currently have.

I made a breakdown on the calories based on what I need to eat on thedailyplate.com. I posted the foods and the total calorie intake in the attached images. I realized from an earlier post that weight lifting may need about 40g of carb. Will the carb intake that I currently have be a problem? Also, I lift in the morning about an hour after eating breakfast. Therefore, I might not have enough carb to lift weight.

Thank you and I will continue reading other articles available at BB.com.
    Attached Images

Blackghost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok. enough reading :P.

Hey everybody.

First, Iam a new bee here, so not much of a knowledge of most of the terms

Second, English is not my first language. so please excuse me in case of any typo.

Thired, I have read litterly all 51 pages of this thread and every single post in here. Due to all this reading, and because I took every single post seriously
    I am kinda confusied about a few things here and there. I also got a few questions too.

Please be patiant with me and easy going

Note: I am 194 lb, 5.11 , around 20-24 % body fat

1- When calculating protein and fat,do we use bodyweight or do we use real bodyweight(bodyweight minus %body fat)? cuz i read somewhere that when i calculate my calories I should only weight the real bodywight otherwise I will be taking more calories than what my body really need?

2- I read in this thread that fat should be .5 gram of bodyweight, and also .65 gram so which one is it? the .5 or .65 gram fat per bodyweight?

3- when I follow this diet, I am going to loss weight ofcourse. So, when i do so lets say form 194 to 188, where should I cut my calories from? should I cut the salad, cut from the protien or cut form the fat grams?

4- Is lettuce considered salad , or Iam only allowed to use broccoli,green beans?

5- Is it ok to use liquied egg omega as well as liquied white egg? cuz I found it hard to boil and eat them.

6- Is lean ground beef ok to use as red meat instead of the steak or not?

7- Should the chicken and beef be grilled, or is it ok to have them cooked,steamed, and fried?

8- There are alot of websites that offer naturation info regarding the food, but most of them give me different numbers. Is there an accurate website that can give me the right numbers that I can depend on? cuz there is no naturation data on the chicken,almond and beef that I buy from here.

9- Is it ok to drink water with the meals? cuz I heard somewhere that I have to drink water 45-60 min either before or after the meal, but not with it. mainly to keep the stomach busy with the carbs or somthing like that.

10- Is it ok to drink coke on my cheat meal?

11- I know pro/vagge mean having a vagge day, but can someone post its meal plan for such a day? and when should I do a pro/vagge day? and what is the benefit of it?

12- Regarding exercises, In this diet, should I do 3-4 sets and 12-15 rep or do 2-3 sets and 6-10 reps?? Cuz i want to get definitions and cut

13- 1 gallon of water is enough. but does that include the water used in the shakes or not?

14- low intensity cardio in simple words mean, walking or jogging?

15- It seems like a lot of ppl here worried about there calories intake since the sample plan only made for someone who is on 200lb and 250lb, so for the one who have more or less wight kinda confused of what his plan should look like. I think it would be a great idea if one of you guys made a meal plan as a guidness for those on 195lb,190,185,180,175,170,165 where you state how much of protien,fat,carb should be taking and what does the meal look like. Basicly like dave 200lb sample meal. I think aloooooooot of ppl here will be greatful to you ,and Iam one of them

I do not need any personal opinions here,cuz I have read them all in this thread. Please, only true and accurate answers either from dave diet or you must have tried it urself or you still doing it (bascly no assumptions ) . Because I really need to do this RIGHT and I think alot of ppl here will benefit from those questions since clearfy what is doubtful.

Wating for your advice
    Last edited by Blackghost; 05-04-2008 at 11:23 PM.

Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Blackghost View Post
    ok. enough reading :P.

Hey everybody.

First, Iam a new bee here, so not much of a knowledge of most of the terms

Second, English is not my first language. so please excuse me in case of any typo.

Thired, I have read litterly all 51 pages of this thread and every single post in here. Due to all this reading, and because I took every single post seriously
    I am kinda confusied about a few things here and there. I also got a few questions too.

Please be patiant with me and easy going

Note: I am 194 lb, 5.11 , around 20-24 % body fat

1- When calculating protein and fat,do we use bodyweight or do we use real bodyweight(bodyweight minus %body fat)? cuz i read somewhere that when i calculate my calories I should only weight the real bodywight otherwise I will be taking more calories than what my body really need?

2- I read in this thread that fat should be .5 gram of bodyweight, and also .65 gram so which one is it? the .5 or .65 gram fat per bodyweight?

3- when I follow this diet, I am going to loss weight ofcourse. So, when i do so lets say form 194 to 188, where should I cut my calories from? should I cut the salad, cut from the protien or cut form the fat grams?

4- Is lettuce considered salad , or Iam only allowed to use broccoli,green beans?

5- Is it ok to use liquied egg omega as well as liquied white egg? cuz I found it hard to boil and eat them.

6- Is lean ground beef ok to use as red meat instead of the steak or not?

7- Should the chicken and beef be grilled, or is it ok to have them cooked,steamed, and fried?

8- There are alot of websites that offer naturation info regarding the food, but most of them give me different numbers. Is there an accurate website that can give me the right numbers that I can depend on? cuz there is no naturation data on the chicken,almond and beef that I buy from here.

9- Is it ok to drink water with the meals? cuz I heard somewhere that I have to drink water 45-60 min either before or after the meal, but not with it. mainly to keep the stomach busy with the carbs or somthing like that.

10- Is it ok to drink coke on my cheat meal?

11- I know pro/vagge mean having a vagge day, but can someone post its meal plan for such a day? and when should I do a pro/vagge day? and what is the benefit of it?

12- Regarding exercises, In this diet, should I do 3-4 sets and 12-15 rep or do 2-3 sets and 6-10 reps?? Cuz i want to get definitions and cut

13- 1 gallon of water is enough. but does that include the water used in the shakes or not?

14- low intensity cardio in simple words mean, walking or jogging?

15- It seems like a lot of ppl here worried about there calories intake since the sample plan only made for someone who is on 200lb and 250lb, so for the one who have more or less wight kinda confused of what his plan should look like. I think it would be a great idea if one of you guys made a meal plan as a guidness for those on 195lb,190,185,180,175,170,165 where you state how much of protien,fat,carb should be taking and what does the meal look like. Basicly like dave 200lb sample meal. I think aloooooooot of ppl here will be greatful to you ,and Iam one of them

I do not need any personal opinions here,cuz I have read them all in this thread. Please, only true and accurate answers either from dave diet or you must have tried it urself or you still doing it (bascly no assumptions ) . Because I really need to do this RIGHT and I think alot of ppl here will benefit from those questions since clearfy what is doubtful.

Wating for your advice
    1. Use the weight on the scale (simple way)

2. Amount of fat calories is between .5 and .65g

3. You keep taking the same number of calories UNTIL you cease to lose weight.

4. Lettuce IS salad.

5. You can make them into omelettes etc.

6. Yes, the meat doesnt HAVE to be a steak. Any "fatty" meat selection (as opposed to Chicken/tuna)

7. Don't fry the chicken, just do it that tastes good but remains healthy/micros...

8. Grocery stores have them on the packaging?

9. lol, drink water as much as you want, ANYTIME. its water...

10. yes I suppose its ok to drink coke

11. Just an alternative. good change up. Just eat veggies instead of the fats.

12. Look up workout plans that suit you... there is millions to choose from depending on what u wanna do/schedule

13. include ALL water consumed.

14. w/e keeps your heart at 130 bpm

15. Take amounts and do simple division...

Originally Posted by Tony61786 View Post

4. Lettuce IS salad.

6. Yes, the meat doesnt HAVE to be a steak. Any "fatty" meat selection (as opposed to Chicken/tuna)

7. Don't fry the chicken, just do it that tastes good but remains healthy/micros...

12. Look up workout plans that suit you... there is millions to choose from depending on what u wanna do/schedule

5. You should really try to eat them boiled to save your olive oil for your chicken and fish/red meat. If you really can't get used to eating the hard boiled eggs, then use olive oil, but work it into your daily caloric/fat intake accordingly.

10. NOT OK to drink coke. you can have DIET coke though.
    D

crazyfied has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

a few questions before i start this diet...

hey i have a few questions after browsing through this thread and the one over at MD.

First off is your suppose to take take fiber 2-3 times a day? but all the fiber supplements i see have around 6-10g of carbs... and taking it 3 times a day = 30g of carbs. Wouldn't that kick your mind out of keto?

also one of dave replies on what all supplements are suppose to be taken daily are:
    Berry Green 6g/day
    Fish Oil 3000mg/day
    Evening Primrose Oil 2600mg/day
    Coral Calcium 1500mg/day
    MSM 3000mg/day
    Glucosamine HCI/3000mg/day
    Coleus Forskolin 500mg/day
    DHEA 100mg/day
    Novadex XT
    Melatonin 3mg before bed

ESSENTIAL POLYUNSATURATES:
    Omega-3 Fish Oil pills 1000mg 3x per day
    Evening Primrose Oil (Omega-6) 1300mg 2x per day

NON ESSENTIAL but HEART HEALTHY
    Macadamia Nut oil (Omega-9 monosaturates) 2-3 ablespoons per day

I was wondering if anyone is following it to a tee and taking all of those supplements a day? or if not what supplements do you recommend? I was thinking of taking fish oil, fiber, animal pak (switching to orange trid when i run out of pak) creatine, but i have no clue what all the other stuff is... like evening primrose oil and etc...

Thanks for your help and replies!

4. Lettuce IS salad.

8- not in my area , otherwise i wouldn't ask .

My problem is figuring out the red meat,chicken and almond macro

dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What if your body *cannot* digest whey protein? I'm lactose intolerant amongst intolerant of fillers found in most protein supplements.

The only protein drink I can handle is 100% Egg Protein. I've tried a lot of different proteins, like lactose free, protein isolate, etc.. and none of them I can handle...

Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lacrosse34 View Post
    10. NOT OK to drink coke. you can have DIET coke though.
    dude it's on his cheat meal. YES he can drink regular coke with his cheat meal

Polsie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Polsie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Polsie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    looking great.. what about the post workout meal tho isnt it supposed to contain mostly carbs in it? idont see any carbs in this diet xP

Originally Posted by Polsie View Post
    looking great.. what about the post workout meal tho isnt it supposed to contain mostly carbs in it? idont see any carbs in this diet xP
    There is no PWO meal per se. Have your next scheduled meal.
    You can always plan accordingly.

I go with my isolate/mac nut oil shake.

4. Lettuce IS salad.

Can anyone please give me an answer for number 8. I really need to figure out the macro of the Red meet,chicken and almond?

also , is it ok to fried the chicken and red meet on the pan without any oil?? or frying is not allowed??

Originally Posted by Mtawali View Post
    dude it's on his cheat meal. YES he can drink regular coke with his cheat meal
    o missed that part. my bad. i thought he was talking in general throughout the week.
    D

njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Started my Palumbo diet a few days ago and here is my update.

I am so fcuking sick of chicken already. Why did I even buy so much of it. As soon as I finish what I have, Tilipia FTW .

dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dreamache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by njmuscle66 View Post
    Started my Palumbo diet a few days ago and here is my update.

I am so fcuking sick of chicken already. Why did I even buy so much of it. As soon as I finish what I have, Tilipia FTW .
    I just started today, and jesus.. this is my first real diet plan - gotta tell myself to stick with it. It's daunting going from going out to eat with the wife all the time, and then to extreme strict. I have modest goals though, sticking with it till june 7th (date of myrtle beach vacation), I'm 201 at like 13% bf, I want to lose as much as possible for the beach.

jacket882 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi guys not sure if its been answered before

does the diet change between a 200lb person with 12% BF and a 200lb person with 20% BF?

eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by crazyfied View Post
    hey i have a few questions after browsing through this thread and the one over at MD.

First off is your suppose to take take fiber 2-3 times a day? but all the fiber supplements i see have around 6-10g of carbs... and taking it 3 times a day = 30g of carbs. Wouldn't that kick your mind out of keto?

also one of dave replies on what all supplements are suppose to be taken daily are:
    Berry Green 6g/day
    Fish Oil 3000mg/day
    Evening Primrose Oil 2600mg/day
    Coral Calcium 1500mg/day
    MSM 3000mg/day
    Glucosamine HCI/3000mg/day
    Coleus Forskolin 500mg/day
    DHEA 100mg/day
    Novadex XT
    Melatonin 3mg before bed

Macadamia Nut oil (Omega-9 monosaturates) 2-3 ablespoons per day

I was wondering if anyone is following it to a tee and taking all of those supplements a day? or if not what supplements do you recommend? I was thinking of taking fish oil, fiber, animal pak (switching to orange trid when i run out of pak) creatine, but i have no clue what all the other stuff is... like evening primrose oil and etc...

im also wondering who takes all these along with this diet....
    no pain no gain

Originally Posted by eds133 View Post
    im also wondering who takes all these along with this diet....
    i sure as hell don't. i take a non-stim fat burner and a one a day multi-vitamin and have had good results so far.
    D

Originally Posted by Blackghost View Post
    Can anyone please give me an answer for number 8. I really need to figure out the macro of the Red meet,chicken and almond?

also , is it ok to fried the chicken and red meet on the pan without any oil?? or frying is not allowed??
    for number 8 enter your food item here www.nutritiondata.com

U mean pan sear your chicken right? u can use a quarter size olive oil to grease the pan or use Evoo non stick cooking spray.

CDJack is not very well liked. (-100) CDJack is not very well liked. (-100) CDJack is not very well liked. (-100) CDJack is not very well liked. (-100) CDJack is not very well liked. (-100) CDJack is not very well liked. (-100) CDJack is not very well liked. (-100) CDJack is not very well liked. (-100) CDJack is not very well liked. (-100) CDJack is not very well liked. (-100) CDJack is not very well liked. (-100)

Question about "cardio" and sleep

Been doing this diet for about 9 days, went to lift today and felt really week. All my lifts were down from last time (I do DC). Not sure exactly why, but I surmise it may be that I didn't sleep much this weekend. Had a lot of trouble sleeping both fri and sat night. Would this significantly effect my workout negatively? I think I only slept like 5 hours each night, maybe less, not sure.

Also, question about "cardio"...should you also avoid all activities on this diet that increase your heart rate at all? I mean, what if you have to walk up a few flights of stairs, etc? Even sex increases your heart rate a lot. It seems difficult to never go over 120 bpm...no?

Originally Posted by crazyfied View Post

Berry Green 6g/day I DO
    Fish Oil 3000mg/day I DO
    Evening Primrose Oil 2600mg/day I DO
    Coral Calcium 1500mg/day NO
    MSM 3000mg/day ORANGE TRAID
    Glucosamine HCI/3000mg/day ORANGE TRIAD
    Coleus Forskolin 500mg/day NO
    DHEA 100mg/day NO
    Novadex XT NO
    Melatonin 3mg before bed NO

Macadamia Nut oil (Omega-9 monosaturates) 2-3 ablespoons per day I DO

check CAPS /\ /\ /\
    Do not count the carbs in fiber, those just come out of your ASS!!!

Evening Primrose oil is rich in GAMMA-LINOLENIC ACID (omega-6 family of EFA)

jacket882 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jacket882 View Post
    hi guys not sure if its been answered before

does the diet change between a 200lb person with 12% BF and a 200lb person with 20% BF?
    could anyone answer this please?

No.

Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tony61786 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    And the reason this is no, is because your body is using the fat stores regardless, thats why.

Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wayneizgod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does anybody know how much time is between each meal is?..just wondering
    ((Team Pro-Edge))

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wayneizgod View Post
    Does anybody know how much time is between each meal is?..just wondering
    I do 2.5 to 3 hours.

Closed Thread