PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need a pre-bedtime protein shake

Yesterday I got a blender and mixed up tuna, milk and 3 scoops of peanut butter for protein. It tasted really bad and I didnt have time to research any shake recipes because of school, lifting and it was getting late, so I just winged it. Could you guys recommend any shakes that worked well for you.

The_Dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL! That is so ****ing gross. For protein shakes people generally use PROTEIN power.

Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First off let me say WTF are you doing mixing tuna in a blender?

To asnwer your question there are many time-released protein blends available at your supplement store or online. If supplements aren't an option I can't really recommend a shake. I've often fancied a whey protein with some oats and milk before bed to slow the absorbtion.
    Maple Leafs - Chelsea FC - Toronto FC

Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sims is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Paulo
    First off let me say WTF are you doing mixing tuna in a blender?

To asnwer your question there are many time-released protein blends available at your supplement store or online. If supplements aren't an option I can't really recommend a shake. I've often fancied a whey protein with some oats and milk before bed to slow the absorbtion.
    BARFF!! lol - no tuna in the blender for me..

yesterday I took a can of tuna and mixed in some mayo
    didnt taste too bad but texture wise it was like baby diahrea - could barely finish it lol.

go with th oats like Paulo said!! great source of calories and add some protien - good to go.
    Last edited by Sims; 09-29-2005 at 11:47 AM.
    knocked down seven times, get up eight.

carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That is the sickest thing I have ever heard, for a bedtime shake you want something that is time released. Look for something with Micellar Casein in it.
    Just give me the ball that's all I need

PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingIron33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, protein/creatine supplements are kind of out of the question for the moment anyway. Firstly, my parents are against them. Secondly I am not against them but I dont think I have enough training under my belt to start using them at the moment. The supplements I am using now are a multivitamin, vitamin c and glucosamine.

Usually what I eat before I go to sleep is a can of tuna, but yesterday I decided to try something new out. Instead of the peanut butter I am thinking of using a banana next time I try the shake.

Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    whatever you do, don't mix the tuna in a blender... also it's never too early to supplement protein... I know some folks who don't workout at all that still have a protein shake daily.
    Maple Leafs - Chelsea FC - Toronto FC

cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Whey + natural peanut butter + milk. Not that hard.
    SAN Nutrition
    sann.net / pumpedmag.com / starmarklabs.com

Originally Posted by Paulo
    whatever you do, don't mix the tuna in a blender... also it's never too early to supplement protein... I know some folks who don't workout at all that still have a protein shake daily.
    Besides making the shake taste totally gross, what else does mixing tuna in the blender do?

ukbsktbll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukbsktbll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukbsktbll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukbsktbll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukbsktbll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukbsktbll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukbsktbll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukbsktbll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukbsktbll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukbsktbll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukbsktbll will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cakedonkey
    This is exactly whay you should do, because the fats (healthy ones) in the peanut butter digest slowly, so it is a good prebed shake

cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ukbsktbll
    This is exactly whay you should do, because the fats (healthy ones) in the peanut butter digest slowly, so it is a good prebed shake
    Not to mention the "slow" protein fractions in milk (comprised of 80% micellear caseins).
    SAN Nutrition
    sann.net / pumpedmag.com / starmarklabs.com

NeverSettle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverSettle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverSettle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverSettle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverSettle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverSettle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverSettle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverSettle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverSettle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverSettle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeverSettle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow that is a sick protien blend you made there man. I repped you just for being able to drink that crap.

vietdunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vietdunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vietdunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vietdunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vietdunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vietdunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vietdunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Use whey protein. It's cheaper and it's easier to consume.

Mixing TUNA? damn that's gross.

It's like eating sh!t before going to sleep.

BodyBuilding.comPresident Rjredstorm1216's Avatar
    Rjredstorm1216 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rjredstorm1216 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rjredstorm1216 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rjredstorm1216 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rjredstorm1216 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rjredstorm1216 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rjredstorm1216 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rjredstorm1216 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rjredstorm1216 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rjredstorm1216 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rjredstorm1216 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

You shouldnt have whey before you go to bed because it digests too quickly...but a caesin shake is a good idea...I use MuscleMilk Creme Brulee..its delicious....

plasticcat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    BUY WHEY PROTINE MIX

its not a supplement really its just protine, if your parents are still nazis about it just hide it put it in aplastic bag and call it crack or something

akb4m180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/xf/ultrap.html

Excellent source of casein protein (slow digesting). Do a search, gets many good reviews for taste, mixability, etc.
    I don't support my drinking habit, my job does.

fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    try some casein protein

kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eat cottage cheese, unsalted peanuts (1/2 cup), milk and a fish oil cap.

fuze11 is not very well liked. (-100) fuze11 is not very well liked. (-100) fuze11 is not very well liked. (-100) fuze11 is not very well liked. (-100) fuze11 is not very well liked. (-100) fuze11 is not very well liked. (-100) fuze11 is not very well liked. (-100) fuze11 is not very well liked. (-100) fuze11 is not very well liked. (-100) fuze11 is not very well liked. (-100) fuze11 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Can You Say.. "rofl" ? Tuna In The Blender With Milk And Peanut Butter.. Rolfawfawoifajsif That Just Made My Day

the_law has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_law has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_law has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_law has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    imo the best before bed protein would contain

two glasses of milk (for caesin and protein)
    cup of cottage cheese (30g of protein or more)

you can't argue with that..
    from 118lbs to 140lbs - (long term goal 175 by next year)
    BF% approx 9-10
    5'11
    size 12 feet
    9.5 in baseball caps
    1 partridge in a pair tree

Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarkana will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    b l a c k s t a r l a b s . c o m
    they have bulk micellar casein, and 2 lbs for only 17 bux, its really good price. i just dont know why bb.com doesnt sell it here, considering they sell other BSL products... they really should, it would make my bulk ordering a lot easier

cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cam89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink

um i would say cottage cheese + natural peanut butter + water. The taste is pretty bad but I have done it for 4 months so you should be able to do it. Unless u are a coward. Thats what seperates true bodybuilders from cowards.