DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

***mass Training Split*** Ectomorph

....HELLO....i am trying to find out if this is a cool split right here...

mondays---CHEST and BICEPS

tuesdays---Back and triceps

wednesdays---off

thursdays---Legs

fridays---Shoulders and Traps

is that a cool split or would u recommend different?????

i'm asking because my muscles are sore....i mean, my chest is still sore...my arms are a lil sore...and i still have to do shoulders this friday....

i know about me eating and resting.....but i'm not asking about that...i'm asking if there is something wrong with my routine..the way its setup.....are some muscles being heavily trained on their off day??...

JuceMunky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JuceMunky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JuceMunky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JuceMunky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JuceMunky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JuceMunky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JuceMunky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DjQuickdraw
    ....HELLO....i am trying to find out if this is a cool split right here...

mondays---CHEST and BICEPS

tuesdays---Back and triceps

wednesdays---off

thursdays---Legs

fridays---Shoulders and Traps

is that a cool split or would u recommend different?????

i'm asking because my muscles are sore....i mean, my chest is still sore...my arms are a lil sore...and i still have to do shoulders this friday....

i know about me eating and resting.....but i'm not asking about that...i'm asking if there is something wrong with my routine..the way its setup.....are some muscles being heavily trained on their off day??...
    Your split looks pretty good. I use a very similar one actually.

Sore muscles is not a sign of overtraining. Fatigue and a lack of progress or actually losing strength could be.

DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjQuickdraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JuceMunky
    Your split looks pretty good. I use a very similar one actually.

Sore muscles is not a sign of overtraining. Fatigue and a lack of progress or actually losing strength could be.

ohokay..thats great then......i thought that something was wrong with mine!

deepakd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ohokay..thats great then......i thought that something was wrong with mine!

I just started hst for mass gain.
    You may find it interesting.
    PM me if you want my routine
    I think full body workout 3times/week is a better for mass gain
    with lots of rest.

dd

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Few suggestions dont work back and triceps the day after chest and biceps, triceps get hit during chest exercise and biceps get hit during bicep exercise. So you would be working the same muscle 2 days in a row which is not smart. I recommend you put triceps with chest and biceps with back. I know what your thinking, i wont be able to lift as much weight then. Who cares, when you work your back you preexaust your biceps so they dont need that much work the finish them off, same with chest and triceps.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

_Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by young_squatter
    Few suggestions dont work back and triceps the day after chest and biceps, triceps get hit during chest exercise and biceps get hit during bicep exercise. So you would be working the same muscle 2 days in a row which is not smart. I recommend you put triceps with chest and biceps with back. I know what your thinking, i wont be able to lift as much weight then. Who cares, when you work your back you preexaust your biceps so they dont need that much work the finish them off, same with chest and triceps.
    What he said

Lifter,
    "Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless." Bruce Lee

"The pain of bodybuilding is inevitable, but whether you suffer or not is entirely up to you."

AWW MAN.....see i knew somethign was wrong with that...i felt like i was working them out...i just do one part per day then..

CHEST
    tris and bis
    off
    legs & back
    shoulders traps

??????????????????????????

CAVE DWELLER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chest & bi's ( + abs?)
    Quads, hams & calves
    Off
    Shoulders & tri's ( + abs?)
    Back & traps (could do calves again if needed twice a week)
    Off
    Off

ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There's nothing wrong with doing chest/biceps and back/triceps. Why don't you just move them to different days:

Monday
    Chest/Biceps

Tuesday
    Legs

Thursday
    Back/Triceps

Friday
    Shoulders/Traps

Disclaimer: I don't believe in one body part per week training, especially for beginners. It's generally a bunch of crap that comes with sore muscles, slow progress, and a weak core.
    God gave us squats so we wouldn't need steroids.

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145363161

ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExtraUltra will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CAVE DWELLER
    Chest & bi's ( + abs?)
    Quads, hams & calves
    Off
    Shoulders & tri's ( + abs?)
    Back & traps (could do calves again if needed twice a week)
    Off
    Off
    also a good solution ^^^^^^

See above disclaimer .

Originally Posted by ExtraUltra
    There's nothing wrong with doing chest/biceps and back/triceps. Why don't you just move them to different days:

Monday
    Chest/Biceps

Tuesday
    Legs

Thursday
    Back/Triceps

Friday
    Shoulders/Traps

Disclaimer: I don't believe in one body part per week training, especially for beginners. It's generally a bunch of crap that comes with sore muscles, slow progress, and a weak core.

THANKS...THATS VERY HELPFUL....I KINDA LIKE THIS...I ALSO LIKE THE GUYS SPLIT ABOVE TOO!

Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Monday
    Chest/Biceps

Tuesday
    Legs

Thursday
    Back/Triceps

Friday
    Shoulders/Traps

not bad, only problem is..you're shoulders arent gonna be as strong because you worked ur tri's the day before, you're press is gonna be weaker.

just pair it up like this, if you're looking for a change (as opposed to the bread and butter: back and bi's, chest and tri's, etc)

chest and shoulders
    back
    off
    arms
    legs
    off
    off
    -The Age of Mount- resumes

"Get a look at greatness!"

Originally Posted by Mammoth3
    not bad, only problem is..you're shoulders arent gonna be as strong because you worked ur tri's the day before, you're press is gonna be weaker.

just pair it up like this, if you're looking for a change (as opposed to the bread and butter: back and bi's, chest and tri's, etc)

chest and shoulders
    back
    off
    arms
    legs
    off
    off
    Chest and shoulders the same day -- usually you'll have to sacrifice one or the other because if you do chest first, your shoulder work will have to be light, and vice versa. I personally like to do horizontal or incline pressing on monday and friday, and overhead pressing on wednesday. But that would screw up your whole 1x/week thing . I think the best advice I've read lately was to do a squat, a press, a pull, and a lift (explosive lift like cleans or snatches) every workout. Overtraining???? No, not really, unless you're doing ilke 10 sets for every exercise 3 or 4 times a week, but what do I know .

Take a gander through this thread if you want to know how to gain some serious mass in a short amount of time.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=375215

I just finished my first cycle of 5x5 last night and you can see the results in my journal.

Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the advantage of working them both in the same day, and that you can give the major push muscles a break and not train the deltoid twice in the same week (because we know that u use the delt for chest training, etc)

but what i did, was one week i would do chest first and do things like flat bench, incline bench, chest dips, and after for delts i would do side laterals, rear laterals and upright rows (exercises that you shouldnt really go heavy on in the first place)

and the next week, i would do clean and press or any military press, along with 2 other movements, and after for chest, do some flies, crossovers and hammer strength presses..its just a suggestion.

the advantage of working them both in the same day, and that you can give the major push muscles a break and not train the deltoid twice in the same week (because we know that u use the delt for chest training, etc)

but what i did, was one week i would do chest first and do things like flat bench, incline bench, chest dips, and after for delts i would do side laterals, rear laterals and upright rows (exercises that you shouldnt really go heavy on in the first place)

and the next week, i would do clean and press or any military press, along with 2 other movements, and after for chest, do some flies, crossovers and hammer strength presses..its just a suggestion.
    I'm sure that's fine if you feel like you need a whole week to recover from a workout, but my fundamental beliefs in training theory preclude me from accepting that as an efficient way to train. Especially for beginners (including everyone under the age of 20). My suggestion is instead of doing 12 sets for Chest and 9 sets for shoulders on Monday and taking the rest of the week off, it is more beneficial to do something like 6 sets twice a week. Same volume, double the frequency, and results in greater overall stimulus. This will not lead to overtraining which is the result of prolonged high volume and high intensity, but has little to do with frequency, all else being equal.

I'm sure that's fine if you feel like you need a whole week to recover from a workout, but my fundamental beliefs in training theory preclude me from accepting that as an efficient way to train. Especially for beginners (including everyone under the age of 20). My suggestion is instead of doing 12 sets for Chest and 9 sets for shoulders on Monday and taking the rest of the week off, it is more beneficial to do something like 6 sets twice a week. Same volume, double the frequency, and results in greater overall stimulus. This will not lead to overtraining which is the result of prolonged high volume and high intensity, but has little to do with frequency, all else being equal.
    you bring up some good points, and believe me i agree with you.

i'm just saying sometimes its a pain in the ass to work chest monday, and by thursday, ur delts are still sore, or vice versa.

oh ya, by the way, i do the same amount for both chest and delts.. they're both not big muscles..i do about 9 for each i suppose..

you bring up some good points, and believe me i agree with you.

i'm just saying sometimes its a pain in the ass to work chest monday, and by thursday, ur delts are still sore, or vice versa.

oh ya, by the way, i do the same amount for both chest and delts.. they're both not big muscles..i do about 9 for each i suppose..
    Thanks. I guess I haven't had a lot of trouble with the soreness between workouts. Ironically, the less often you train a muscle, the more likely it is to become sore following a workout. After a week or two of training more frequently, soreness usually becomes a non-issue. Sure you still feel a little beat up, but not that doms type of sore that sticks around for 4 or 5 days. Good posts, mammoth3, I'll rep you as soon as I recharge.

DjQuickdraw, you're thread has officially been hijacked . You should be proud.

DjQuickdraw, you're thread has officially been hijacked . You should be proud.

haha!!! yea i see....i still dont know whut to do...lol.....it looks like this now

Chest and Biceps

Legs

off

shoulders and tri's

back and traps

haha!!! yea i see....i still dont know whut to do...lol.....it looks like this now

Chest and Biceps

Legs

off

shoulders and tri's

back and traps
    That's fine. When you stop growing, look up 5x5. It's a good second step after you have some experience under your belt.

CAVE DWELLER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm using this split while training my second cycle of p/rr/s, thats why i suggested it.

The reason the bi's are with chest is that they have been worked a little when doing chest, but they will still be fresh enough to hit them with max poundage to hit them real hard. Shoulders on thursday so they should have recovered quite well by then from hitting the front delts during chest. Same goes for tri's. Legs and back plenty of time apart for recovery too.

Some people like to hit chest and tri's for example, to finish off the second muscle after it has been worked already alongside the first exersizes. I will do this sometimes as switching round your splits doesn't give you thousands of possibilities. However you do it things should work well as long as your diet is in check.

I thought as an ectomorph and nearly 29 years old i wouldn't make amazing gains, and training for a couple of years already so no newbie gains. But after training with p/rr/s and better quality and quantity of diet i have gained 12-14 lbs in roughly 14 weeks. Not completely solid muscle gains but definately still looking lean(ish) and real good.