Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Import Tuner sparky2211's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Stats: 5'9", 168 lbs
    Posts: 17
    BodyPoints: 798
    Rep Power: 0
    sparky2211 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit sparky2211's BodySpace
    sparky2211 is offline

    Pulled Groin Muscle

    Hey Everyone,

    I pulled my groin muscle about 3 weeks ago doing BB Curls and i have a few questions to those that have pulled this muscle before. I just looked down between my right inner thigh the other night and noticed about a 2" long bruise at the top inner thigh between my legs. I never looked for this before when the injury actually happened and now i don't know what to do. The pain is still there, obviously not as bad as when i pulled it. I am going to make an appointment with my doctor later this week and have everything checked out.

    Anyone know what it could be from? when you pull your groin muscle, does it bruise the skin? I guess i have never seen this before.

    Any input would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User user23960508710783's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Age: 35
    Stats: 6'3", 210 lbs
    Posts: 9,857
    BodyPoints: 40966
    Rep Power: 0
    user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit user23960508710783's BodySpace
    user23960508710783 is offline
    Originally Posted by sparky2211 View Post
    Hey Everyone,

    I pulled my groin muscle about 3 weeks ago doing BB Curls and i have a few questions to those that have pulled this muscle before. I just looked down between my right inner thigh the other night and noticed about a 2" long bruise at the top inner thigh between my legs. I never looked for this before when the injury actually happened and now i don't know what to do. The pain is still there, obviously not as bad as when i pulled it. I am going to make an appointment with my doctor later this week and have everything checked out.

    Anyone know what it could be from? when you pull your groin muscle, does it bruise the skin? I guess i have never seen this before.

    Any input would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks
    I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about in terms of what your skin looks like. If you had no impact upon the area, but you did pull it and there is a bruise-like appearance to the muscle, you might have a partial tear going on.

    Google images of people with torn pecs or lats: they look like they massive bruises going on in the area of the tear. I hope that isn't what is going on in your groin/leg area.

    Definitely see a doctor on this one. Pain + limited movement + discoloration = good reason to see the doctor.

    He/She will likely have you take an MRI (they aren't so bad; don't worry about it).

    You might have a little layoff, nothing too severe though.

    Good luck at the doctor's office, and keep us posted.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Import Tuner sparky2211's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Stats: 5'9", 168 lbs
    Posts: 17
    BodyPoints: 798
    Rep Power: 0
    sparky2211 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit sparky2211's BodySpace
    sparky2211 is offline
    Originally Posted by Jean-Paul4447 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about in terms of what your skin looks like. If you had no impact upon the area, but you did pull it and there is a bruise-like appearance to the muscle, you might have a partial tear going on.

    Google images of people with torn pecs or lats: they look like they massive bruises going on in the area of the tear. I hope that isn't what is going on in your groin/leg area.

    Definitely see a doctor on this one. Pain + limited movement + discoloration = good reason to see the doctor.

    He/She will likely have you take an MRI (they aren't so bad; don't worry about it).

    You might have a little layoff, nothing too severe though.

    Good luck at the doctor's office, and keep us posted.
    It could most defenitely be a torn muscle. I am walking, running, and everything perfectly fine. It really doesn't bother me that much. I just noticed the bruise recentely and decided that it might be a good idea to get it checked out. At first i thought that it might be a strech mark. (I used to be the 110lb 5' 9" person and i am now about 5' 10" and 168lb). My thighs have thickened up a lot and they could very well be strech marks (God i hope not) but i suppose that they would be better than a torn muscle or possibly worse. I have been googling online for a while not and i keep coming up with different things. Things from Diebetes to skin cancer, to all sorts of things.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User user23960508710783's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Age: 35
    Stats: 6'3", 210 lbs
    Posts: 9,857
    BodyPoints: 40966
    Rep Power: 0
    user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) user23960508710783 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit user23960508710783's BodySpace
    user23960508710783 is offline
    Originally Posted by sparky2211 View Post
    It could most defenitely be a torn muscle. I am walking, running, and everything perfectly fine. It really doesn't bother me that much. I just noticed the bruise recentely and decided that it might be a good idea to get it checked out. At first i thought that it might be a strech mark. (I used to be the 110lb 5' 9" person and i am now about 5' 10" and 168lb). My thighs have thickened up a lot and they could very well be strech marks (God i hope not) but i suppose that they would be better than a torn muscle or possibly worse. I have been googling online for a while not and i keep coming up with different things. Things from Diebetes to skin cancer, to all sorts of things.
    Is it possible (and I don't ask this to poke fun) that it isn't a bruise, but rather, that it is just a chafing on your thigh that you are looking at?

    A lot of people with big thighs, muscular or fat, have a chafing issue with their thighs because they are so big that they rub up against one another when the person walks. Is that you?

    Also, it doesn't sound like a muscle tear now that you mention the running. I'm guessing this is either some extremely minor infection, a skin rash or chafing, or nothing worth worrying about at all.

    In other words, you've got a MINOR problem here. And that would be good news, right?

    (you should still go see the doctor though; just to be safe).
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Import Tuner sparky2211's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Stats: 5'9", 168 lbs
    Posts: 17
    BodyPoints: 798
    Rep Power: 0
    sparky2211 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit sparky2211's BodySpace
    sparky2211 is offline
    Originally Posted by Jean-Paul4447 View Post
    Is it possible (and I don't ask this to poke fun) that it isn't a bruise, but rather, that it is just a chafing on your thigh that you are looking at?

    A lot of people with big thighs, muscular or fat, have a chafing issue with their thighs because they are so big that they rub up against one another when the person walks. Is that you?

    Also, it doesn't sound like a muscle tear now that you mention the running. I'm guessing this is either some extremely minor infection, a skin rash or chafing, or nothing worth worrying about at all.

    In other words, you've got a MINOR problem here. And that would be good news, right?

    (you should still go see the doctor though; just to be safe).
    I don't think that it is chafing only because of the location of it. It's basically right where my leg meets my groin which i would imagine would be the incorrect area for chafing. I have been getting really out of fit lately (Hense why i want my doctor to smack me up a bit) so i don't know if this is something minor or critical. I will defenitely know by thursday or friday though. Any other ideas?
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Import Tuner sparky2211's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Stats: 5'9", 168 lbs
    Posts: 17
    BodyPoints: 798
    Rep Power: 0
    sparky2211 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit sparky2211's BodySpace
    sparky2211 is offline
    FYI, i have a doctors appointment on friday at 1:30pm. I will let you know how everything goes!
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User chris5's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2003
    Age: 29
    Posts: 1,162
    Rep Power: 16
    chris5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chris5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chris5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chris5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chris5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chris5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chris5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chris5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chris5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chris5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chris5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    chris5 is offline
    the bruise is probably not related to the groin inury. i know when i pulled mine it didn't bruise. unless you got hit in that area i would say the bruise is some other coinsidence.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Import Tuner sparky2211's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Stats: 5'9", 168 lbs
    Posts: 17
    BodyPoints: 798
    Rep Power: 0
    sparky2211 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit sparky2211's BodySpace
    sparky2211 is offline
    Alright, i've read online that it depends on how bad you pulled it. I don't believe that i pulled it that hard considering i wasn't really doing that much and i was still able to walk. I will let you know after i see the doc.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Import Tuner sparky2211's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Stats: 5'9", 168 lbs
    Posts: 17
    BodyPoints: 798
    Rep Power: 0
    sparky2211 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit sparky2211's BodySpace
    sparky2211 is offline
    Hey everyone, sorry it took so long to get back to you. So i went to the doctor to find something i wasn't exactly expecting. Not bad, but not something i was looking for. He said that it was a fungi, almost like Jock Iche. He said it's defenitely not anything critical and he pointed me in the right direction for medication. I can already see impovements and i am glad that i went in.
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout