PRESS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PRESS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PRESS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PRESS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PRESS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PRESS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PRESS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PRESS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PRESS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PRESS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PRESS has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question Doing CHEST the day after ARMS

Is is alright to do a chest workout the day after my arms workout (including triceps)?

Or will this limit my strength on bench, incline push-ups, dips etc.?

PRESS

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i really dont see a huge problem with that....give it a try and see what happens!

cheers

drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would say its not a good idea, because your arms will be seriously sore the day after if done proberly, and will be weaker so your arms will be failing not your chest.

Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by drewbie 51
    I would say its not a good idea, because your arms will be seriously sore the day after if done proberly, and will be weaker so your arms will be failing not your chest.
    bump on that. good point man.
    "I thought I was looking at my mother's old douche bag except that's in Ohio." - Dudley Dawson aka Booger

"Idle Hands spend time at the genitals, and we all know God hates that" - Drippy

REN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) REN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) REN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) REN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) REN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) REN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) REN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by drewbie 51
    it certainly wouldn't work for me, if you can handle it though thats a different story

Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it is all up to you...

I found a strange split that works for me...

off
    legs
    off
    chest
    back
    shoulers/light legs
    arms

I train everything straight and give myself a day of rest before and after legs...

REN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) REN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) REN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) REN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) REN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) REN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) REN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Luke530
    it is all up to you...

I found a strange split that works for me...

off
    legs
    off
    chest
    back
    shoulers/light legs
    arms

I train everything straight and give myself a day of rest before and after legs...
    u must have some damn sexy legs!

Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by REN

u must have some damn sexy legs!
    LOL, nah, I just gotta rest, i feel it takes the most outta me, and i have to bring them up so i give them plenty of rest...

LOL, nah, I just gotta rest, i feel it takes the most outta me, and i have to bring them up so i give them plenty of rest...
    tell me about it man, leg day takes ALOT out of you, especially if u've been really focusing on them (like me too !)

Originally posted by REN

tell me about it man, leg day takes ALOT out of you, especially if u've been really focusing on them (like me too !)
    yes... but its also my favorite day... because i feel soooooooooo god after im done... plus I LOVE squats... 20 rep squats make me shake like a crack addict...

MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "because i feel soooooooooo god after im
    done... plus I LOVE squats... 20 rep squats make me shake like a crack
    addict..."

I've never felt "god" after doing 20-rep squats, but there's been a coupla sets of 20 reppers I've done where I swore that I saw God. To actually feel "god" after a set had to be an eye-opening experience.

Sorry ... sometimes you just can't resist being a smart-ass.

Nothing makes you feel as good as when you're doing an extremelly hard set of 20 reppers and about rep 15 you try to convince yourself to quit, but something down deep says "hell No!" and you eek out those last 5 reps. That's a real sense of accomplishment. Is it just me, or ar rps 18 and 19 harder than the 20th rep? I guess it's the influx of adrenaline knowing that it's your "last rep". Then what follow is the displaying of physical collapse. Hopefully, you collapse on your back so you're not at risk of drowning in your own pool of sweat.

Originally posted by MrB
    "because i feel soooooooooo god after im
    done... plus I LOVE squats... 20 rep squats make me shake like a crack
    addict..."

I've never felt "god" after doing 20-rep squats, but there's been a coupla sets of 20 reppers I've done where I swore that I saw God. To actually feel "god" after a set had to be an eye-opening experience.

Nothing makes you feel as good as when you're doing an extremelly hard set of 20 reppers and about rep 15 you try to convince yourself to quit, but something down deep says "hell No!" and you eek out those last 5 reps. That's a real sense of accomplishment. Is it just me, or ar rps 18 and 19 harder than the 20th rep? I guess it's the influx of adrenaline knowing that it's your "last rep". Then what follow is the displaying of physical collapse. Hopefully, you collapse on your back so you're not at risk of drowning in your own pool of sweat.
    couldn't agree more (smart ass)

Originally posted by MrB

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

yeah... I know what you mean... the first 8 reps are ok... I start to stop on 8,9,usually get two,11, two more, 13, long rest, 14, few breaths again, 15 SUCKS, 16, 17 quickly... 18 though ****, 19 long rest, 20 no problem!!! Then 3 minutes rest and do it again!!!!!!!! I'm done after that....

MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "Don't look at the weight, just lift the ****!"

Luke530 ... you have this quote in your signature line and it got me thinking about something.

Awhile ago, my training partners and I would "secretly" put an extra 10-20 pounds on the bar for our training partners. They wouldn't know, but they could feel it was heavier, but the were still able to lift it, thus reaching a new max weight.

It got me thinking about how the mind can be a major roadblock with heavy poundages.

Anyone else ever do this? (the intentional loading of extra weight on the bar without the lifting person knowing about it)

On heavy lifts, you can look at the weight and convince yourself that you can't lift it, even though you'r physically capable. That's one of the most frustrating things that can happen in lifting.

Originally posted by MrB
    "Don't look at the weight, just lift the ****!"

Luke530 ... you have this quote in your signature line and it got me thinking about something.

Awhile ago, my training partners and I would "secretly" put an extra 10-20 pounds on the bar for our training partners. They wouldn't know, but they could feel it was heavier, but the were still able to lift it, thus reaching a new max weight.

It got me thinking about how the mind can be a major roadblock with heavy poundages.

Anyone else ever do this? (the intentional loading of extra weight on the bar without the lifting person knowing about it)

On heavy lifts, you can look at the weight and convince yourself that you can't lift it, even though you'r physically capable. That's one of the most frustrating things that can happen in lifting.
    Yes, this is very true... the mind is very powerful... positiviey or negatively...

~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why would you want to weaken lesser bodyparts before you train a larger one? You need your arms to press......the last thing you want is ur arms giving out before your chest does. My advice would be to switch it so that the multi-joint exercises are performed before the single-joint.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you rally wanna try it and your triceps arn't going to be fully recovered by the next day
    just go a lil 'lighter' for triceps on arm day
    cus you'll get them on chest day as wel

TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

I hate leg work outs, although I train them twice a week.
    I have a knee problem but i have to make my legs bigger to fit the rest of my body so i don't end up looking silly.

Big time agree on the just lift the **** part... so true... this other guy also had a quote saying "when in doubt, go heavier"... works wonders, i recently went for a combination of the two and the result was a nice clean strict shoulder dumbel press of 95lbs for 6 reps.
    And an even cleaner 110lbs, 8 rep EZ bar dicep curl.

I was astonished.... those two quotes just fill me up with energy.
    Well said, i have to handed to you!

As for the arms right before the chest work out... well i know some people who start their chest/bi routine by exercising bi's... personally I wouldn't do it nor recommend it cuz you do need your arms to push that heavy barbell... cuz when you go extra heavy you will need your arms to assist you slightly.

Any ways this is a very personal sport and your best routine will most probably be found by only you. You got a lot of advice.
    At the end of the day what works for one person my not as effectively work for an other so TRIAL AND ERROR is the way to go.
    RPB... Raging Pit Bull

ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ncbiggj has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you can do 20 reps on squats then you need to add more weight...LOL..

Originally posted by ncbiggj
    If you can do 20 reps on squats then you need to add more weight...LOL..
    wrong...

wrong...
    i think you should break it to him Luke, 20 rep squat is THE way to go

Originally posted by REN

i think you should break it to him Luke, 20 rep squat is THE way to go
    yep... you and me are on the same page here, REN. 20 reppers are the absolute best exercise for mass... take your 10rm and do 20... you should be shaking like a crackhead on an serious overdose...