Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10)

too much tuna bad?

My parents say eating too much is bad for you because tuna contains mercury is that true? Does eating tuna hurt ur kidneys or something else i usually eat 2-3 cans of tuna just 3 on weekends will this hurt me?

Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Tuna does contain mercury, but the amount of mercury acutally in it is so small that you would have to eat about 50 cans in a day for it to have any affect on you.
    "It's 10:00, did you drink your protein shake?"

"Gimme my ****, or be **** on"

mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000)
    boy, i eat hmm.. some 4 cans daily....its help me put on mass!!!
    Shut n Squat!

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No, tuna isn't bad for you.

High mercury is mostly contained in fresh water fish in area's of high polution. (i still eat it anyways..its free, its protein, eat it)

The only thing i can think of would be the aluminum from the can. I know aluminum prevents the absorbtion of zinc. So does antiperprint for the same reason.

Br

AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ok the mercury thing is something to be concerned about.. if ur a child or pregant women. I forgot where i read it but i think it was either CNN or reuters
    I'm not binging...I'm bulking

STRONG DESIRE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STRONG DESIRE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STRONG DESIRE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STRONG DESIRE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STRONG DESIRE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STRONG DESIRE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STRONG DESIRE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STRONG DESIRE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STRONG DESIRE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STRONG DESIRE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) STRONG DESIRE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Angry

i just started taking 4 cans a day,will that help alot

Fug is just really nice. (+1000) Fug is just really nice. (+1000) Fug is just really nice. (+1000) Fug is just really nice. (+1000) Fug is just really nice. (+1000) Fug is just really nice. (+1000) Fug is just really nice. (+1000) Fug is just really nice. (+1000) Fug is just really nice. (+1000) Fug is just really nice. (+1000) Fug is just really nice. (+1000)

can tuna help

Originally Posted by STRONG DESIRE View Post
    i just started taking 4 cans a day,will that help alot
    I weigh 13stone 6lbs or about 189lbs if your from the states. what is the amount of protein i need to put on mass. I am starting 5 weeks cardio rehab next week for 7weeks then hopefully I will be back down the gym to start to put back what I lost. I am not sure about whey protein as a supplement drink because no-one seems to know if it okay to use due to what happened to me late last year.

Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Tuna does contain mercury, but the amount of mercury acutally in it is so small that you would have to eat about 50 cans in a day for it to have any affect on you.
    Strong lack of knowledge.

Originally Posted by mdx3k View Post
    boy, i eat hmm.. some 4 cans daily....its help me put on mass!!!
    How's the mercury poisoning brah?

Originally Posted by BiG RED HH View Post

High mercury is mostly contained in fresh water fish in area's of high polution. (i still eat it anyways..its free, its protein, eat it)

The only thing i can think of would be the aluminum from the can. I know aluminum prevents the absorbtion of zinc. So does antiperprint for the same reason.

Br
    ...And what are you talking about?

When they say don't eat more than a few cans of tuna per week, its something that should seriously be considered. Mercury poisoning will occur and there will be long term problems especially if you eat a few cans everyday.

Overall I would listen to your parents instead of ignorant teen posters willing to risk anything to gain a little bit of muscle.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mroussell5.htm

jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonbfg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i fckin hate tuna!
    eat 2 large cans a day. nasty **** but do it anyways

tuna isn't bad. theres a tiny amount of mercury. won't have an effect on u.

canned tuna is fine.
    you should only be worried about mercury poisoning if you had fresh tuna fish. the real ****
    If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them - Bruce Lee

Save 20% off your first purchase at Karmaloop.com and 10% off the rest. Rep Code JT31445 never expires.

I HAVE LOCKERZ INVITES BRAH'S
    send me a pm with your email. I will rep

owe negs: hammersforteeth
    austermule

A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Strong thread necro.

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Lol. And you got that statistic from where? Do you actually have any knowledge about it at all? Or did you just decide that '50 cans a day' is the safe amount? Go do some reading sunshine.

Originally Posted by BiG RED HH View Post

Br
    Ok...Enlighten me...Wtf are you talking it?

acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100)
    i lived on tuna for 8 years, i ate no meat or chicken, just tuna day and night, all kinds of tuna, blue fin tuna, yellow fin tuna, albacore tuna, i am still alive ... but anyway it doesn't have fat, so now i choose meat and stopped the tuna.

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by acidking View Post
    i lived on tuna for 8 years, i ate no meat or chicken, just tuna day and night, all kinds of tuna, blue fin tuna, yellow fin tuna, albacore tuna, i am still alive ... but anyway it doesn't have fat, so now i choose meat and stopped the tuna.
    Wtf...?

Tuan doesn't have fat? It's a bloody fish you idiot. About a quarter to a third of the calories in it come from fats. It has MORE fat than most other meats.

Oh also, I'm sorry but you still being alive isn't medical proof that there are no risks in consuming large amounts of tuna.

chriscambs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2-3 cans a day wont hurt you. You should be more concerned with the mercury in your fillings.

acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100) acidking is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by MrB1g View Post
    Wtf...?

Tuan doesn't have fat? It's a bloody fish you idiot. About a quarter to a third of the calories in it come from fats. It has MORE fat than most other meats.

Oh also, I'm sorry but you still being alive isn't medical proof that there are no risks in consuming large amounts of tuna.
    who said anything about calories? look at the nutritional facts on the tuna can, its always zero fat

Originally Posted by acidking View Post
    who said anything about calories? look at the nutritional facts on the tuna can, its always zero fat
    ...Lmfao, you are an idiot.

I said fat accounts for about 1/3 of the calories in tuna. IE. THERE IS FAT. Wtf cans of tuna do you look at that have zero fat.

TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10) TreeHouser is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm pretty sure it's a concern mostly for pregnant females and young children, and it's the Albacore tuna you wanna be careful with.

Originally Posted by MrB1g View Post
    ...Lmfao, you are an idiot.

I said fat accounts for about 1/3 of the calories in tuna. IE. THERE IS FAT. Wtf cans of tuna do you look at that have zero fat.

SaL.. is not very helpful. (-500) SaL.. is not very helpful. (-500) SaL.. is not very helpful. (-500) SaL.. is not very helpful. (-500) SaL.. is not very helpful. (-500) SaL.. is not very helpful. (-500) SaL.. is not very helpful. (-500) SaL.. is not very helpful. (-500) SaL.. is not very helpful. (-500) SaL.. is not very helpful. (-500) SaL.. is not very helpful. (-500)
    strong bump
    mod negged.
    Bulking till September. 200lbs here i come.

you can spend minutes hours days weeks or even months over analyzing a situation trying to fit the pieces together, justifying what would've or should've happend. or you could leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuc on

Registered Snoozer doylertheoiler's Avatar
    doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000) doylertheoiler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    To put it into context...

one cigarette has 60 nanograms of mercury in it which equals .00006 mg/cig.

A heavy smoker probably has about 4 or so packs (25 cig/pack) a week which equals

.006 mg of Hg/week for smoking.

One can of chunk light tuna has 57 parts per billion which = .0073 mg in a 128 g pouch of tuna.

Say you eat 5 pouches a week that is

.0365 mg of Hg/week for tuna eating which is about 6 times as much as a heavy smoker.

However keep in mind smokers are absorbing this mercury vapor though their lungs which is much more efficient than absorbing chemicals through your digestive tract. (eg. how high do you get when you eat a gram compared to smoking a gram...)

Also how many smokers do you hear of dying from mercury poisoning....

Just something to think about... trying to make myself feel better because i love tuna.

The oiler

Ref: doh.wa.gov/Publicat/ 2004_news/ 04-012.htm
    ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ pubmed/ 960100

Adimi24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adimi24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adimi24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adimi24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adimi24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adimi24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adimi24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adimi24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adimi24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adimi24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adimi24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    2 great sites i just found, especially cause theyre .org, the amount they suggest seems really low, so i might eat a little more than they suggest

http://www.ewg.org/tunacalculator?lbs=140&sex=male - tells you how much you can eat
    http://www.edf.org/page.cfm?tagID=15903 - is about mercury from fish

A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50) A_Shellum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by A_Shellum View Post
    Strong thread necro.

kylegettingoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylegettingoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylegettingoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylegettingoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylegettingoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylegettingoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat the **** out of tuna and protein period

Bballstunt313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bballstunt313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bballstunt313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Doug21 View Post
    Strong lack of knowledge.

How's the mercury poisoning brah?

...And what are you talking about?

When they say don't eat more than a few cans of tuna per week, its something that should seriously be considered. Mercury poisoning will occur and there will be long term problems especially if you eat a few cans everyday.

Overall I would listen to your parents instead of ignorant teen posters willing to risk anything to gain a little bit of muscle.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mroussell5.htm
    after reading the article, this guy is def right. if i were you id lay off the tuna and consume like 2 a week just to be safe
    Pump or Die.

Bballstunt313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bballstunt313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bballstunt313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is really cool too and can be helpful

http://www.ewg.org/tunacalculator
    Pump or Die.

JSean is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSean is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSean is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSean is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSean is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSean is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSean is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSean is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSean is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSean is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSean is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dont listen to the guys saying "its only bad if you eat 50 cans a day", they didnt do any research and just listen to everyone else. Too much mercury will make you retarded in the future. Use the tuna calculator to find out how much you should eat.
    "I've never been afraid of another man,
    Cause I can see through
    My heartbeat, his heartbeat,
    My only fear is that he wont kill me
    Cause if he don't, I grab my heat
    More hesitate I'm stoppin' this heartbeat" -Jason Derulo

jrocketfingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

interesting tuna topic

My question is if tuna is so dangerous to the point where you have to be actively aware the amount you're allowed to eat daily or weekly...how come there aren't any warning labels on tuna? And some of the tuna calculators links here are just crap. I calculated and it says that I can only eat 3/4 can of albacore tuna per week? Or what? I roll over and spaz if I was REALLY hungry and ate the whole can? I don't really trust news on this topic since lately the whole point of news is to scare to crap out of you.

I mean I know theres mercury in tuna but I'm starting to side on the view that its an insignificant amount.

With the fat content...well yeah duh theres fat in it. But its (or most?) Omega 3 fat. I'm surprised no one brought it up. Its almost common knowledge that its a "good" fat. I'm too lazy to post up all the reasons but I read it helps burn more fat. My question with fish fat is...is it all beneficial or does fish fat also have the ability to be stored fat like other fats?
    Last edited by jrocketfingers; 03-28-2010 at 04:56 PM.

mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im having trouble beleiving that one 7 ounce can of solid white albacore per day is way way too much (according to that tuna calculator by weight). I would have to assume if the risk is really there, somewhere, someone has fallen ill due to mercury poison, and they should have been able to trace it back to tuna. At that point the manufacturers would have been sued.

Semoirethe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Semoirethe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Semoirethe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Semoirethe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Semoirethe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Semoirethe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Semoirethe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Semoirethe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Semoirethe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Semoirethe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Semoirethe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mtsalmela80 View Post
    Im having trouble beleiving that one 7 ounce can of solid white albacore per day is way way too much (according to that tuna calculator by weight). I would have to assume if the risk is really there, somewhere, someone has fallen ill due to mercury poison, and they should have been able to trace it back to tuna. At that point the manufacturers would have been sued.
    Thread necro is necroed but I'll add that you people need to look up Selenium content in tuna. Is has been shown that eating tuna actually can lower mercury levels in your body due to having more selenium than mercury.

Other fish are more dangerous due to the lack of selenium.
    Last edited by Semoirethe; 03-31-2010 at 06:10 AM.
    Bench: 285
    Squat : 315
    Deadlift: 425

Abezobchuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abezobchuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abezobchuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abezobchuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abezobchuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abezobchuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abezobchuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abezobchuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abezobchuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abezobchuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abezobchuk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Holy balls bro, you should only eat one can a week!?