Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Last night workout was the worst in all my years of working out

I am not sure what the hell is going on, maybe I am coming down with something, but last night during my workout, my bones were hurting, not my muscles but my f'cking bones.

I started my workout like I do all the times 10 minutes on the elliptical to get my blood flowing.

Then went on to squats, my hips, knees, clavicle and elbows were killing me. I had to bear down and grind my teeth to complete all sets.

Then it was deadlifts, my lower back and my shins were killing me

Then I went on to the bench and once again, my clavicle elbows and even my lower back was killing me.

I have never ever felt this kind of bone pain ever. I have been training for over 30 years and I have never ever felt anything like this. This morning I am still aching, but not my muscles, my bones.

Anyone ever felt anything like this? Am I coming down with the flu or some sh!t. I never really had a bad flu, so I don't know what I should be feeling.
    On the list for Bannukah

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    See what happens when ya start wearing old man cardigan sweaters?
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    LMFAO!!!! Could it be that?
    On the list for Bannukah

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    I am not sure what the hell is going on, maybe I am coming down with something, but last night during my workout, my bones were hurting, not my muscles but my f'cking bones.

I started my workout like I do all the times 10 minutes on the elliptical to get my blood flowing.

Then went on to squats, my hips, knees, clavicle and elbows were killing me. I had to bear down and grind my teeth to complete all sets.

Then I went on to the bench and once again, my clavicle elbows and even my lower back was killing me.

I have never ever felt this kind of bone pain ever. I have been training for over 30 years and I have never ever felt anything like this. This morning I am still aching, but not my muscles, my bones.

Anyone ever felt anything like this? Am I coming down with the flu or some sh!t. I never really had a bad flu, so I don't know what I should be feeling.
    Might be a flu virus, might just be the change in the weather.

Hopefully, whatever it is, it won't last long.

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Could be ^^^^ this too!
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You changed your lifting approach lately, didn't you? Geared toward making goals for a PL meet?

Have you given yourself a week off or at least tried a reduced load?

To your question: "Anyone ever felt anything like this?"
    Yeah, just about every workout.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your clavicle?? lol

You've never felt this way before, but have you ever trained like a power lifter before? Pl'ing is a lot rougher on your joints and tendons and body in general, have you taken a break since starting your new program?
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post
    You changed your lifting approach lately, didn't you? Geared toward making goals for a PL meet?

Have you given yourself a week off or at least tried a reduced load.
    That is what I was thinking. Doing squats, deads, and bench three times per week can really take its toll after awhile.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If it continues it sounds like your body is producing catabolic hormones in an effort to shut you down from doing further damage. That powerlifting training can be a b*tch. Have you noticed recently a reduced ability of your muscles to get a pump? It might be time to switch to a hypertrophy phase -- light weights with no ballistic movements. I think with the powerlifting program you are now on you are asking for trouble, especially considering your age. You need to coax strength gains not terrorize your body into them. That super high-intensity stuff works for a short while because it drives your endocrine system into overdrive. Problem is, you can't maintain it and your body reverses gear on you so now you're swimming in cortisol. Oh, I know this feeling so well (if, indeed, this is what you are experiencing).

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Might be a flu virus, might just be the change in the weather.

Hopefully, whatever it is, it won't last long.

Could be ^^^^ this too!
    I am going to see how I feel in tomorrows workout.

Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post

Have you given yourself a week off or at least tried a reduced load?

To your question: "Anyone ever felt anything like this?"
    Yeah, just about every workout.
    No I have not taken a break, but f'ck bone pain???

Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    Your clavicle?? lol

You've never felt this way before, but have you ever trained like a power lifter before? Pl'ing is a lot rougher on your joints and tendons and body in general, have you taken a break since starting your new program?
    Yea man when I had the bar on my back the two bones (clavicle) were killing me while I was holding the bar.

No have not taken a break and no never trained this way before for this long.
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by wallydubois View Post
    If it continues it sounds like your body is producing catabolic hormones in an effort to shut you down from doing further damage. That powerlifting training can be a b*tch. Have you noticed recently a reduced ability of your muscles to get a pump? It might be time to switch to a hypertrophy phase -- light weights with no ballistic movements. I think with the powerlifting program you are now on you are asking for trouble, especially considering your age. You need to coax strength gains not terrorize your body into them. That super high-intensity stuff works for a short while because it drives your endocrine system into overdrive. Problem is, you can't maintain it and your body reverses gear on you so now you're swimming in cortisol. Oh, I know this feeling so well (if, indeed, this is what you are experiencing).
    Interesting....

And come to think of it, I felt no pump whats so ever not at all it was all bone pain, no muscle pump, no muscle soreness..
    On the list for Bannukah

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No I have not taken a break, but f'ck bone pain???
    My first guess was that it was not actually your bones that were hurting. The pecs insert, in part, in the clavicle, and the clavicle also has a number of ligamentous structures that keep it affixed: Caracoid ligaments as well as those in the SC and AC joints. The constant stress associated with a big-3 multiple times a week style program can strain and aggravate all of those. I have a permanent 3rd degree separation in my right AC and what's probably going to be a permanent separation in my left SC joint. Acute pain is localized but the aching is very diffuse. Of course, I don't _know_ that's what your experiencing but sometimes pain perception doesn't translate to specific injury type or location.

Try SCE to AUX

On the path to beast mode patnshan's Avatar
    patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) patnshan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    LMFAO!!!! Could it be that?
    Yes. Cardigan wearing is associated with rapid onset low T.....
    "Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn't formed in a day, and neither were we. Set small goals and build upon them" - Lee Haney

Originally Posted by patnshan View Post
    Yes. Cardigan wearing is associated with rapid onset low T.....
    Causal, perhaps?

Try SCE to AUX

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yea man when I had the bar on my back the two bones (clavicle) were killing me while I was holding the bar.

No have not taken a break and no never trained this way before for this long.
    I'm just messing with you regarding the clavicle, you don't hear many people complaining about that.

Sounds like a deload, or even off week for healing might help.....and possibly a Cardigan burning session, lol
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As everyone else said, take a week off to deload..benching, squatting and deadlifting 3 times a week is a huge tax on your system.

And yeah, it is also the cardigan..
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000) uncbob is just really nice. (+1000)

Pretty radical weather change will affect any slight injuries
    I know muscle has a memory but I think mine has Alzheimers

F'cking cardigan messed up my whole life, first my MO, and now my training..
    On the list for Bannukah

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    F'cking cardigan messed up my whole life, first my MO, and now my training..
    LOL. Had to post this, John. I agree on the deload comments though.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sounds like ebola. You're going to die bro, sorry.
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by wallydubois View Post
    Well, he is training for a powerlifting meet. The problem is his routine is too high in volume to really maximize that training. Squats, deads and bench 3x a week ends up being too much after a while, especially if you are pushing the lifts.

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Interesting....

And come to think of it, I felt no pump whats so ever not at all it was all bone pain, no muscle pump, no muscle soreness..
    Pump and soreness are not something a powerlifting routine will generally give you once you get used to it.

Can you list out exactly what you are doing each day, sets/reps/weights for each exercise you are doing? We can help you trim it down to maximize your progress.

Monovision is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monovision is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monovision is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monovision is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monovision is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monovision is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monovision is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monovision is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monovision is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monovision is on a distinguished road. (+10) Monovision is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds a bit like Lyme disease. Ever been tested ?

I've had it twice, both times it arrived with universal joint paint, knees, shoulders, wrists, it all hurt. The first time I had the typical bullseye rash, the second time the was no rash that I ever saw.

If the pain persists off a few days I'd consider getting tested.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by uncbob View Post
    Pretty radical weather change will affect any slight injuries
    I'm inclined towards this, the pain sounds like that.

I know Flex has similar issues when the weather changes.

Right Flex?

Flex?

where is Flex?

Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That happened to me a couple of years ago when I went in for squats. My body was shaking and I gave up on squats that day. Never figured it out conclusively, but thought it might be CNS overload. So, I delayed my leg workout a couple days, made sure I was eating right and it got better.

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That $hit sounds like male menopause - a condition with symptoms you're describing that effects some men your age (old as fuk).

In addition to the symptoms you've described, have you also been overly emotional lately? Prone to sudden and uncontrollable outbursts which may or may not including crying?

Do you find it hard to make decisions or control your woman? Are you dressing in bland clothing, more fitting for a senior citizen?

If you've answered yes to 2 or more of these questions, chances are you have male menopause and pretty soon your balls will stop working, you'll lose your sex drive and want to nap all day.

or you could just be run down.

Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Got to the Gym this morning. Freezing out. Layered about 2 sweaters under my jacket. Worked out in Sweats. Eliptical warm up, same as you. Started routine, and felt like my entire body was creaking. Stopped for 15 minute and did nothing but stretches. Tried again, and still creaking like an old door. Not a good one for me.

Chatted with a bud at the Gym, and he said he was about the same. He also told me that there was a wierd Noro Virus thing going around.

I am inclined to think the other posters mentioning the weather might be on the right track.

I was however wearing a Cardigan underneath my Jacket. So, I didn't have clavicle pain.
    Making skinny fat cool since 2010 :)

lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This sounds exactly how I feel a couple days before a flu.

wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wallydubois is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Well, he is training for a powerlifting meet. The problem is his routine is too high in volume to really maximize that training. Squats, deads and bench 3x a week ends up being too much after a while, especially if you are pushing the lifts.
    Yes, but his meet is late in the next year. I think he should cycle up and down a few times by then. The periods between "ups" could be done as I suggested, training the lifts twice per week using a bodybuilder's (slow and controlled) mentality and perfecting technique. This would be a therapeutic stage used to provide a well-rested base for the explosive, volatile power training blocks that follow. No matter what routine he uses, regardless of how low the volume is, it's not going to serve him well if he's planning on going balls to the wall for almost a year straight.

Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Pump and soreness are not something a powerlifting routine will generally give you once you get used to it.

Can you list out exactly what you are doing each day, sets/reps/weights for each exercise you are doing? We can help you trim it down to maximize your progress.
    Check your PM

Night time and the pain has subsided some. I took a hot/cold shower going back and fourth for 3 minutes each.

Thanks to all for the responses as well as the laughs on the cardigan
    On the list for Bannukah

huckster07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Man....ache from head to foot,

I know what you mean , brother. It is the onset of old age, believe me I know. Have been training
    for 45 years, I am now 61. Used to watch Old Steve REEVE'S MOVIES AND GOT INSPIRED.
    As a kid of 15 y. o. I USED TO TRAIN 7 DAYS A WEEK. With no ill effects. None whatsoever. muscles seemed to have been made of rubber. Just go ,go,go.
    That kind of regimen would kill me now.
    Power peaked in my late twenties. Strength kept on increasing until late forties and then the slowdown started.
    Yes I can ache from head to foot if I trained like i USED TO. I hope for your sake it is only soreness and not
    disease.
    Old time bodybuilding great Dave Draper has a website that says(quote) One has to realize there will come a point where we have to realize when we are doing more harm than good with our training. Bones and joints will not hold up after a while. I , myself, have ruptured two bicep tendons, had one reattached at the elbow. Shoulders will develop impingement problems with rotator cuff wear. Muscles will become stronger than the tendons with age and so tendons rupture more easily. Durability depending of course on how sturdy your structure is.
    The poundages I trained with for all this time--- I watched go up since I was fourteen, rise, peak, and now I have watched the poundages start to go back down that I use for same exercises. I will never give up, however, until the body tells me to. Self realization of age becomes plain as the nose on one's face.
    Right now it is telling me to be very careful with the weights, cautious. Slow down Be methodical.We can't stay 21 forever.The Orthpedic surgeon after the surgery told me not to lift any more weights, course I am not listening, just more careful.
    He is good for cortisone shots into the joints. All these medical people are pleasantly surprised at my
    physical condtion for my age. They are used to seeing debilitated people, not like we weightlifters.
    I have basically remained unchanged bodily since I was a young man. Look the same but strength levels are diminished. Indeed my uncle, whom I had not seen for many years and is elderly now, told me that I looked the same as the last time I saw him. That was in 1987.
    Chiropractor says- go ahead,lift, just use reasonable weight. I feel better of course if I do train, but if not careful I will pay the next day by not realizing I am overdoing it during training. That is easy to do ,too.
    You don't even realize you are overdoing it on the training at all, until the next day. That is when reality
    sets in, "Oops, I guess I overdid it again." Ache like hell. Recovery time is much longer.
    Let up for a while, recover after a couple weeks and then ease into it again, I say.
    Cheers!