RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000) RoWdY_RuFf_BoY is just really nice. (+1000)

Why am I so weak?

I've been weight lifting for about a month now. And I can only bench press 54Kg (120 lbs) and Im 18 years old. I have a hard time doing squats, maybe only 50kg and I also have a hard time doing dead lifts, maybe 50kg also. Use google to convert kg to pounds if you must to get an accurate reading how Im matched up against you.

I see other peoples stats and are like 200+ lbs for bench and like 300+ for squats and deadlifts.. am I really that weak compared to you? Im 18 and currently 165lbs(70kg) and so weak compared to most of you here. Am I just weak or not trying heavier weights or just not trying hard enough.

_Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you just starting to lift? If so don't worry about it. And alot of peoples signatures are just their E-Stats.

You're a tiger, ARRRRGH! GarethCheeseman's Avatar
    GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're just inexperienced, most people that lift the high amounts have been doing it for years.

The amount of weight you lift now is immaterial, what matters is the progress you make from week to week and month to month, as long as you consistently make gains you're on the right track.

If it makes you feel better I only started on 60-80kg for those types of lifts and I was 21 when I started lifting, you're quite young yet and won't even have finished your natural growth, throwing resistance training in while you're still maturing makes the most of your natural state of growth
    Last edited by GarethCheeseman; 09-26-2005 at 09:24 AM.
    "Yeah, and I'm a Dutchman"

milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) milo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RoWdY_RuFf_BoY
    I've been weight lifting for about a month now. And I can only bench press 54Kg (120 lbs) and Im 18 years old. I have a hard time doing squats, maybe only 50kg and I also have a hard time doing dead lifts, maybe 50kg also. Use google to convert kg to pounds if you must to get an accurate reading how Im matched up against you.

I see other peoples stats and are like 200+ lbs for bench and like 300+ for squats and deadlifts.. am I really that weak compared to you? Im 18 and currently 165lbs(70kg) and so weak compared to most of you here. Am I just weak or not trying heavier weights or just not trying hard enough.
    Most people lie but alot are very strong... the key is to worry about yourself, not others. Just keep lifting hard, eat right, and sleep and you will see progress.
    I hate stupid.

raymondsg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raymondsg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raymondsg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raymondsg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raymondsg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raymondsg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raymondsg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raymondsg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raymondsg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raymondsg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raymondsg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rayt, everyone start lifting light. you'll see improvements later on.

MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarlboroMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=567298 check out my journal maybe it can help you.

markkorean is on a distinguished road. (+10) markkorean is on a distinguished road. (+10) markkorean is on a distinguished road. (+10) markkorean is on a distinguished road. (+10) markkorean is on a distinguished road. (+10) markkorean is on a distinguished road. (+10) markkorean is on a distinguished road. (+10) markkorean is on a distinguished road. (+10) markkorean is on a distinguished road. (+10) markkorean is on a distinguished road. (+10) markkorean is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How tall are you? How much do you weigh?

Don't expect to lift a lot of weight when you are just a beginner. There is no free meals around here. You got to give it effort and time, before you begin to see decent gains.

Besides, what is your goal? Powerlifting, or bodybuilding?

lil d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lil d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    alot of the peoples stats on these forums are fake
    i belive everyone starts around 100 lb bench and alike dont sweat it
    5'3
    Starting weight: 103
    26/11/2005 - 123
    Bodybuilding: 4 Months

28/08/2005
    Arms: 12.5"L / 13"R
    Forearms: 10"
    Chest: 39.5"
    Waist: 28.5"
    Quads: 20.5"
    Calves: 14"
    BT: Ectomorph

Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hoops will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by markkorean
    How tall are you? How much do you weigh?

Don't expect to lift a lot of weight when you are just a beginner. There is no free meals around here. You got to give it effort and time, before you begin to see decent gains.

Besides, what is your goal? Powerlifting, or bodybuilding?
    Powerlifting and bodybuilding are the same thing for begginers and intermediates. The goal for BOTH is to simply gain strength. There is to SOME small degree a differnce, but you're pulling hairs if you start argueing over this.

built like a brick house Dallas68's Avatar
    Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

hmmmmmmmmm.............................

well it is only a month lol you will have to wait much longer with hard work to get better results...why do you have a hard time doing squats and deadlifts?

some are older and experienced and ahve a clear goal as someone said...

my real stats no E-sh**

bench-64kgs
    deadlift-100kgs
    squat-70kgs

with squat i can offer this advice i keep putting five kilograms every week do ten reps and then next week i go 5 kilograms up once again try it! been doing it every week increasing.....

no worries eat big and ull lift big when you been in the game a while...
    going full blast!

workout journal (random rambling)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168460783

carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carterharris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    everyone starts somewhere dude we all did not start lifting 350 like that it takes a lot of time and work to get up to the high numbers. ( not saying I can lift 350)
    Just give me the ball that's all I need

ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

when i first started lifting i could bench 50 lbs for like 5 reps and squat 60.

Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your just inexperienced with lifts. As for peoples stats on here, alot of them lie about how much they put up. Well I shouldnt say lie cuz they can do that on a good day then have a very bad day, so more like overstate there capabilities. But yea u gotta start your foundation and get the motion and form down before the heavier weight comes. I started benching 130 lbs the first time I ever benched and put it up 6 times. As for sqauts well I was a b-ball player so I started at 250 and moved up to 320 max. But it comes with time. Give it a year and you'll start really seein your bench come together, a years prolly enough time to add 100 lbs to that bench. Maybe more if u really push.