kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Squats and inner thigh muscle

I have been finding that I have started to bulid a bit of inner thigh muscle, which is one place that I'm not too keen on actually building up. What would you guys do to avoid this?? Would you suggest a wider or narrower stance while doing squats?
    ~*~*Marie*~*~

"The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places." -Author Unknown

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Inner thigh muscle is actually really important to overall leg strength and stability so I wouldn't be worried about having developed it. To avoid adding additional size to that area, stick to narrow stance squats (hip width) and avoid any sumo squats or deads.
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    more narrow as above.

Also avoid seated leg curls (use standing ideally).

Obviously avoid the adductor machine.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Narrow stance. And in my opinion, avoiding full range ATG squats would be a good idea.

kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaspar_19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, I'll def. avoid the hip adductor machine -- I've never gotten into using it, and probably won't start!

How low do you think I should go when doing squats??

Avoid full range ATG squats?? Does going lower build up the inner thigh??
    ~*~*Marie*~*~

"The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places." -Author Unknown

bluebandana457 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluebandana457 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluebandana457 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluebandana457 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluebandana457 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluebandana457 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluebandana457 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluebandana457 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluebandana457 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluebandana457 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluebandana457 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i always do really wide squats and ballerina squats because i thought that was better for my butt and i thought the ballet ones would be good for TRIMING inner thigh. what can you do to tighten the inner thigh but not build?

darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kaspar_19 View Post
    Others may disagree, but for me, full range squats built up the high area of my inner thighs (just below the crotch) and my butt and hips out of proportion to the rest of my legs.

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kaspar_19 View Post
    Yeah, I'll def. avoid the hip adductor machine -- I've never gotten into using it, and probably won't start!

How low do you think I should go when doing squats??

You can go to parallel, it's still effective. You may still experience some size increase anyway, but nothing big since you're a woman, and it'll look great with low BF.

I do agree with darkangel..I've noticed that my inner thighs have become much harder after a few months of ATG squats. Of course, no one wants 'big' thighs, but I choose that over squishy ones

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Parallel is fine, just make sure you are actually going to parallel.

Here's a good squat depth image - http://www.usapowerlifting.com/newsl...ce/novice.html
    Last edited by terracotta; 12-04-2007 at 04:54 PM.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think toe positioning is at least as important as wide vs narrow stance, and parallel vs ATG.

Toes out=more inner thigh
    Toes ahead=less inner thigh
    Time To Re-Schedule

Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    Parallel is fine, just make sure you are actually going to parallel.
    I'm always amused to watch the guys at my gym squatting these huge amounts of weight, but they're barely dipping down and are nowhere near parallel. One guy on the Smith machine was just doing these little fast bounces. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

musclar smurfette Sunshineslynn's Avatar
    Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    more narrow as above.

Also avoid seated leg curls (use standing ideally).

Obviously avoid the adductor machine.
    FOr obvious reasons...hehe
    "You can't take some pill and hope your fat will jump off of you like you have the plague. You must work out and eat clean to have a lean, green, fighting machine." Sunshineslynn

'If you always do what you always did, then you will always get what you always do'

I dip, you dip, we all dip....dip to the east, dip to the west ......dip to get that tricep.

musclar smurfette Sunshineslynn's Avatar
    Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    I'm always amused to watch the guys at my gym squatting these huge amounts of weight, but they're barely dipping down and are nowhere near parallel. One guy on the Smith machine was just doing these little fast bounces. Funniest thing I've ever seen.
    I know when I was putting some major mass on my legs I read in a few articles that doing half squats, parallel, and ATG very effect in doing so and did the half squats, that may be what some of those guys are doing, half squats you put massive amount of weight and come only half way down.....Now the fast bounces hmmm never would do that since its momentom (sp) moving the weight and not raw strength....
    "You can't take some pill and hope your fat will jump off of you like you have the plague. You must work out and eat clean to have a lean, green, fighting machine." Sunshineslynn

'If you always do what you always did, then you will always get what you always do'

I dip, you dip, we all dip....dip to the east, dip to the west ......dip to get that tricep.