Lifting Heavy!!! Scarl3tbutt3rfly's Avatar
    Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cycling Calories as opposed to carbs when bulking

I have a few questions regarding calorie intake Ive been thinking about lately. I have been bulking for the last few weeks, and after trying this doing carb cycling, I decided I wanted to not limit carbs so much while Im trying to bulk. However, I was wondering would their be any benefit from having a couple days that are higher calorie than rest, does this do anything to your metabolism at all or does it not effect it in anyway? Meaning, does having consistantly 1900 calories a day, put you in some sort of static mode and would changing up your calorie intake a couple of days help shake up your metabolism, or does it not matter at all? Like have one day that you go up to 2200 and another that is like 2400 or something, so your daily average is still 2000 or whatever you want it to be? Kinda like cycling calories as opposed to just carbs necessarily (although prolly getting more carbs than usual those days anyway).

Also, when planning my meals, I was thinking of having my earlier meals be more calories than my later ones (I workout in the morning, but Im also alot less hungry in the evening) Is this ok to do? Does it matter when you are eating 6 meals if your first meal is say, 400 calories but your last one is 200 as long as you are eating something? Just curious. Im assuming it doesnt matter, but I thought Id ask some of you that have more experience.

Oh, and another silly question (Im full of them ) Do you all count all your vitamins into your caloric intake when planning your meals? Or do you just ignore them? I know most dont have a whole lot, maybe 10 or 15 calories, but added up together, they can be like 50 calories or more a day. Just curious.
    Last edited by Scarl3tbutt3rfly; 12-04-2007 at 06:28 PM.
    You focus your mind to train your body, and the changes that begin to take place impact your mind as well. Dream it, believe it, and you will achieve it. ~Arnold Schwarzenegger, The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, 1998

Music is holy, Art is sacred, and Creativity is power

Vote for me! Vitrix Model Search-Vote HERE!!: http://www.vitrixmodelteam.com/index.php?option=com_modelsearch&controller=contestant&userid=233&filter_contest=14&Itemid=142#photoid=1938

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I count fish oils in my calorie totals..If you want to try calorie cycling, give it a go! See how your body responds and how you gain from it. I always eat more cals on WO days and less on rest days. I don't really think your meals have to all be the same amount of calories. If you're hungrier earlier in the day, eat more then!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

Lifting Heavy!!! Scarl3tbutt3rfly's Avatar
    Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks twinnet. I kept debating about counting my vitamin calories into my calorie intake, but I decided since I havent been, Ill just leave them out for now. Im trying to bulk anyway, so if I start gaining more weight than Id like, or something, then Ill keep track of them. Ill just pretend they are calorieless for now . Once Im ready to cut, then Ill for sure pay attention to those.

As far as changing up my calories a couple days a week, I think it might be beneficial for those days when I do have a harder workout day anyway as logically Id burn more calories those days. I like the idea of having days to look forward to and are different than the rest I guess too
    Last edited by Scarl3tbutt3rfly; 12-05-2007 at 11:43 AM.
    You focus your mind to train your body, and the changes that begin to take place impact your mind as well. Dream it, believe it, and you will achieve it. ~Arnold Schwarzenegger, The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, 1998

Music is holy, Art is sacred, and Creativity is power

Vote for me! Vitrix Model Search-Vote HERE!!: http://www.vitrixmodelteam.com/index.php?option=com_modelsearch&controller=contestant&userid=233&filter_contest=14&Itemid=142#photoid=1938

the bigger the better nicoledominique's Avatar
    nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I always calorie cycle when bulking and cutting...I like incorporating it because it keeps your body guessing, and it is really nice to follow a lower cal day with a higher one!