Thesmallone7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Football training vs Soccer training

Hey guys,

I know these are 2 very opposite sports , but they have there similarities such as the speed, acceleration and the quickness of the feet.
    I also know that football is a more aggressive sport with much more contact, shorter action time etc.
    So was wondering if anybody had more info or links perhaps for this question.

Thx in advance

bokarild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokarild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokarild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokarild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokarild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokarild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokarild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokarild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokarild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokarild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bokarild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know much about soccer
    How about soccer?

Originally Posted by bokarild View Post
    I don't know much about soccer
    How about soccer?
    Well soccer is a mixture of short explosive movements ( much like football ) and endurance , you need to be moving consistently

luciobrazil007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    soccer is football.
    not all football players need to be fast (look at some defensive midfielders like makelele)
    the main thing is stamina - strength is needed for some styles of players

some american football players i have seen are very fat. you cant be overweight if you want to play football (soccer)

Originally Posted by luciobrazil007 View Post
    soccer is football.
    not all football players need to be fast (look at some defensive midfielders like makelele)
    the main thing is stamina - strength is needed for some styles of players

some american football players i have seen are very fat. you cant be overweight if you want to play football (soccer)
    Almost everyone in soccer, lets call it soccer, because it's a american website, needs to be fast nowadays.
    And yes stamina is an important factor, but they run maybe 6-7 miles a game, which is not that much.
    in soccer you need to be able to make short juke movements comparable to a wide receiver or running back only with the ball at your feet.
    Thats why i'm wondering if anyone maybe has a comparison link of the 2

luciobrazil007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Thesmallone7 View Post
    Almost everyone in soccer, lets call it soccer, because it's a american website, needs to be fast nowadays.
    And yes stamina is an important factor, but they run maybe 6-7 miles a game, which is not that much.
    in soccer you need to be able to make short juke movements comparable to a wide receiver or running back only with the ball at your feet.
    Thats why i'm wondering if anyone maybe has a comparison link of the 2
    i think skill development in soccer is more important than physical development although it musnt be overlooked. you have some players who are slow and quite weak but can do remarkable things with the ball and also really fast physical players with the talent of a donkey.

quick acceleration is useful . so is being able to turn fast with good reactions

LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Those "fat" people run 5 sec 40s flat.

Defranco has good articles about American football endurance.

amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The most similar position in football to soccer is maybe the WR or Defensive back. I fell like HIIT would help both WR and soccer players, but like LegitSalsa said, Defranco has good articles.

igaiga3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Soccer training is better

freakyme999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is there a difference between football and soccer?

konradl33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) konradl33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) konradl33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) konradl33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) konradl33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) konradl33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) konradl33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) konradl33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) konradl33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) konradl33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) konradl33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Depends what type of player you are in soccer. I'll admit i'm not very skilled but i'm stronger than almost all the kids I play against so I physically dominate them. Most soccer players I know don't lift at all, they run and focus on their skills.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    weird question... completely different sports...

thing that would be most prevalent in the training as far as differences is the speed endurance...
    Sleepy.

IbnBarsha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As a soccer player I can say, that the game has changed a lot. It used to be you can be good with the ball and that would be enough. Now being strong physically, and physically imposing, and have explosive speed is needed to have an edge over opposition. I can say that technique with the ball is still most important, but then technique doesn't serve you if you have a huge defender coming at you and your not strong enough to hold him off. I don't know much about american football training though. Soccer training though is A LOT of sprinting. A lot of training designed for explosiveness. Then there is weight training too

TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're looking for. I have played both sports at high levels, center mid in soccer and strong safety in football. There are a lot of training techniques that overlap. Agility, footwork/speed, explosive power are all important for both. In football I focused on upping my weight and overall power a lot more. Soccer I weight trained but it was less weight and a lot more plyometrics, endurance and core oriented.

I was also about 185 playing soccer and upped to about 210 for football.

BiggREC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They are two completely different animals, all athletic endeavors have overlap because we run and jump when we engage in them. As a rule football requires more explosiveness while soccer requires more cardiovascular conditioning, but even comparing positions in each particular sport is a complete disaster because to excel as a defensive tackle means something completely different from excelling as a wide receiver. I am not as schooled in soccer but I'm sure the conditioning of the goalie varies greatly from that of the forward. Now if you can't really compare athletes in the same sport, how on earth can you compare the athletes of two different sports.

TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheJoeyS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BiggREC View Post
    They are two completely different animals, all athletic endeavors have overlap because we run and jump when we engage in them. As a rule football requires more explosiveness while soccer requires more cardiovascular conditioning, but even comparing positions in each particular sport is a complete disaster because to excel as a defensive tackle means something completely different from excelling as a wide receiver. I am not as schooled in soccer but I'm sure the conditioning of the goalie varies greatly from that of the forward. Now if you can't really compare athletes in the same sport, how on earth can you compare the athletes of two different sports.
    You're correct to an extent. However, there are certainly similarities in training between soccer and skill positions in football (e.g.: wr, rb, and d backs). Maybe not so much lifting, but there's plenty that can/are utilized by both.