Not-a-Lifer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Not-a-Lifer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Early Morning Workouts

Hi All,

Time for a change. December is bringing me a new job, new gym, and a new attitude. I have been doing the same thing for years and it is maintaining the status quo.

I'm Looking for opinions. I am 245 and I have a goal of 215 and I know i need to fix my diet and do about an hour of cardio daily.

I'm looking at continueing on with the morning workouts with increased cardio and limiting the # of excercises with weights. The diet will be limiting the carbs and keeping them out of my diet after noon.

I also have the opportunity to take my lunch hour and get in some cardio at that point too. Nothing like getting the most out of a gym membership.

Help? I'm not getting any younger!

Thanks

Timo

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Not-a-Lifer View Post
    Hi All,

Time for a change. December is bringing me a new job, new gym, and a new attitude. I have been doing the same thing for years and it is maintaining the status quo.

I'm Looking for opinions. I am 245 and I have a goal of 215 and I know i need to fix my diet and do about an hour of cardio daily.

I'm looking at continueing on with the morning workouts with increased cardio and limiting the # of excercises with weights. The diet will be limiting the carbs and keeping them out of my diet after noon.

I also have the opportunity to take my lunch hour and get in some cardio at that point too. Nothing like getting the most out of a gym membership.

Help? I'm not getting any younger!

Thanks

Timo
    If we are going to help, you need to be much more specific.

245. What is your height? bodyfat %? Body type( ectomorph, mesomorph or endomorph)? How did you get 215 as a goal and what is the specific time frame for reaching that goal?

What specifically is your diet on a daily basis( list of foods, # of calories, protein, carbs and fat in grams) and what have been the obstacles for not "fixing it" up to now?

How long have you been training? What have been your specific weight training and cardio program(s) up to now? If there are multiple programs, which have worked or not worked and why?

Are there any obstacles such as family, job, past injuries or medical conditions or others that have an affect on how often you train or how much "dedication" you are able to put into it?
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.