prohops101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help rate my workout (basketball)

Hi all, I am new to the site. I am starting a new workout and would like people to rate it, and see if there are any improvements I could make to it?

Bio:
    Height: 176 cm (5'9)
    Weight: 57 kg (125 lbs)
    Body fat %: 5%

Squat 1 RM: 100 kg (225 lbs)
    Dead lift 1 RM: 100 kg (225 lbs)
    Bench Press 3 RM: 60 kg (132 lbs)

Standing vertical leap: 76 cm (30 inches)

My goals are to gain some size and a lot more strength and power, and increase my vertical leap.

short term goals (8-10 weeks):

Body weight: 60+ kg
    squat 5 RM: 110+ kg
    vertical jump: 34+ inches

Monday (lower body heavy)

squats 5x5, each set with increasing weight. meaning 50%, 62.5%, 75%, 87.5%, 100% of 5RM.
    dead lifts 5x5, same as squats
    barbell reverse lunges 3x10 (5 per leg)
    leg curls 3x10
    wood choppers 3x8

Wednesday (upper body heavy)

bench press 1x5RM, then 4x5
    barbell row 1x5RM, then 4x5
    shoulder press 2x8
    pullups 2xMAX
    dumbell chest flyes 2x10

Friday (lower body power)

power clean 3x3
    box squat (if possible, some gyms may not let me put a box in the rack) 3x3
    50m sprints, 3x

I also have basketball practice on Fridays, so the volume is lesser. I opted to do some explosive work before practice.

I know that I am quite underweight, so I am eating a lot more. I have been steadily gaining over 1 lb a week. for the last 3 weeks on a different program.

Is the volume too little? I only have time to workout 3 times a week.

For the upper body day, is the volume too little? I have poor upper body strength and bulk, and am looking to gain some size and strength here. I have been stalling on the bench press and other upperbody exercises for quite a while now. I previously used 5x5 but I keep on stalling at around 55 kg on the bench press, which is quite horrible i guess.

No problems with leg exercises though.

Are there any exercises that I could add to friday? Or an exercise to replace explosive box squats. What about rep ranges and weight to use?

thanks to all who reply here.

In the long term, I hope to achieve:

bw: 70 kg
    bf%: 5%
    max squat: 180 kg
    standing vertical jump: 40+ inches

but that's for another day.

IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You need explosiveness and power, you got that right, because you are short for a basketball player and since you are 18 you will most likely get stuck at that height. Never forget to focus on your bball skills as they are more important that this. Anyway, if you have basketball practice on Fridays I don't think it's optimal for you to hit the lower body like that. I would do that workout after basketball practice because basketball practice #1, training with weights #2 for you. IMO you should do an upper/lower body workout every time you train with weights i.e. Mon/Wed/Fri.
    www.irontale.com

https://www.********.com/iron.tale

McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000)
    5'9 , 125 pounds? I'm the same height, 150 pounds, lift almost the same as you. Check your weight again lol. I'm focused on my hops as well bro but I was told not to do one-RMs. I started squatting 2 weeks ago (Before I leg pressed) and squat 5x5 170lbs 3x a week and deadlift 5x5 175lbs twice a week. I can grab rim when I am really warm after like a pick up game. (31-33inch running vertical?)
    The Shepherd's shepherd
    Too many favorite bible passages 39:27

CEO 10k/day
    hardworksports.net

Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assassindan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I were you I would do full body 3 days a week instead of a split

prohops101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the replies guys, although you guys didn't really answer my question.

yes, i am 125 pounds. (no typo, one-two-five pounds)
    yes, i squat 220 pounds for 1 rep max. two-two-zero. to below parallel as well, my hip joint dips below my knee joint at the bottom.

i have been doing 5x5 squats 3 times a week for a about 2 months to get to this point. I have always had strong legs, good genes i guess. my two brothers who are a little shorter than me squat about the same as i do too.

yes, i deadlift 220 pounds too.

i can grab the rim easy with both hands.

on a good day, i can alleyoop dunk with one hand.

my running vert is 36 inches.

I started at 110 pounds bodyweight, and a piss poor squat, but all the squatting paid off.

However, I just cannot seem to increase on my bench press or my upper body lifts. I want to gain more size and strength in my upper body.

i have basketball training on the friday, but it's not that competitive anymore, not since i graduated from high school. It's more like a sunday league kind of thing.

i've tried full body workouts on 3 days before, it's doesn't work for me. my legs grew strong, and i stall on squats and deads if i do 3 times a week, so i switch it to 1 times a week with auxiliary exercises. my upperbody didn't grow much, so i'm trying to add more volume to my upperbody workouts.

and yes, i do want look aesthetically pleasing too while being strong and explosive at the same time. My legs look thick and strong, but my upperbody doesn't.

btw is that you in the video Marco Guzman? you have a nice shot and good skills.

McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000) McDoubles is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by prohops101 View Post
    btw is that you in the video Marco Guzman? you have a nice shot and good skills.
    Yes, it is me! Thanks man! Bro I am REALLY focused on my hops as well and hope to be SLAMMING when I am in college. I'm going to send you a friend request and we can exchange results and help each other out. I have a friend in this site that I know IRL also that is 5'6 and can dunk so he is helping me out aswell.
    Wish the best for your goals!
    The Shepherd's shepherd
    Too many favorite bible passages 39:27

CEO 10k/day
    hardworksports.net