Personal Trainer Toronto AthleticMachine's Avatar
    AthleticMachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Which is the best protein supplement for my goal?

I'm a track athlete competing in 400m. I do a lot of track training and weight training. I'm just wondering which is the best protein supplement I should take. My goal is to lose a little bit of fat mass and maintain or gain just a bit of muscle mass. Should I look for one that have a protein to carb ratio of 2:1 perhaps?

Thanks a lot dudes, I really miss posting on this site and reading your postings.... arrrrggg school!

TPRES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Forget any protein powders that also contain carbs to any substantial degree. You should look for a blended protein that contains at least 50% slow digesting proteins (cassein, egg, and milk isolate). The remaining protein can come from whey, concentrate and or isolate. You could buy one of the commercial blends, or formulate your own at **************. If you formulate your own stick to 60/40 ratio of slow to fast proteins as this is what most of the good commercial blends use. If you are looking to loose some bodyfat stick to whole food carbs, oatmeal, potatoes, and yams are the best. Good luck.

Personal Trainer Toronto AthleticMachine's Avatar
    AthleticMachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks a lot of the info. I'm thinking of taking a protein supp. that has like 10gms of carbs (I need energy for sprints). Hmmm... which protein supp. can I get that has the slow/fast digesting ratio of 60/40. Also I want something that is edible... I've tried Optimum, Interactive, NHF, Nature's Best and they were all not too bad. I had one terrible taste experience with Dymatize though... yuck that strawberry one tastes like fluoride treatment.
    Anyway, please help me.... whoever... I'm in need of some new protein supp. I just don't know which to go for.