Registered User avianofdarkness's Avatar
    avianofdarkness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avianofdarkness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avianofdarkness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do you bench press in the Power Rack?

I'm a bit confused. I can't imagine anyone moving the entire bench press into the power rack just to do a few sets. Do you just bring a barbell, load it up with weights and let it sit on the two parallel bars of the power rack? It would seem hard to get under that thing since it's supposed to be set an inch or two above chest level. I just can't get a visual. Are the power racks you guys are talking about the traditional ones that look like an open cage with simply two bars with slots to move up and down?

eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000)
    wen i bench i have my back arched, so my chest is ABOVE the safety bars. but if i dont arch my back, my chest will be LOWER than the safety bars. so if im benching and i gotta drop the barbell for watever reason, i just ease out of my arch and lower the barbell onto the safety bars.

sometimes i also push the barbell away from me (2wards my feet) and let go... my chest is higher than my hips/legs so the safety bar will catch the barbell well before it hits me. (note, i train at home so no1 cares about the loud noise )

hope that made some sense ^ typing quickly coz its time to eat!

got food?
    got ____?

Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ageispolis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by eggy_wont_grow
    wen i bench i have my back arched,
    I am telling you this with sincerity, Don't do that. It will kill your lower back. I learned through experience and not word of mouth. I learned it the hard way and am suffering for it now. Having the slightest arch is ideal.

eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ageispolis
    I am telling you this with sincerity, Don't do that. It will kill your lower back. I learned through experience and not word of mouth. I learned it the hard way and am suffering for it now. Having the slightest arch is ideal.
    thats all i have. i dont arch heavily because it doesnt feel comfortable. but in saying that, isnt arching the back best for support? think of a bridge...arched bridges can support the most weight, more so than straight ones. plus the spine is also naturally arched slightly.

i might be wrong *shrugs*

got arches?
    got ____?

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by avianofdarkness
    I'm a bit confused. I can't imagine anyone moving the entire bench press into the power rack just to do a few sets. Do you just bring a barbell, load it up with weights and let it sit on the two parallel bars of the power rack? It would seem hard to get under that thing since it's supposed to be set an inch or two above chest level. I just can't get a visual. Are the power racks you guys are talking about the traditional ones that look like an open cage with simply two bars with slots to move up and down?
    An ideal power rack has the safety bars you set... plus two supports for the bar. So you set the safety bars a little below chest level... your stomach is typically (hopefully) lower than your chest, so if you get stuck, you just roll the bar towards your stomach, and this should provide room for you to slide out from under the bar. You set the bar supports where you can lift off easily, and rerack it when you're done. And yes, I take a bench in the power rack... but I have several, and they're easily movable.

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Set up the pins so it allows your to get a full ROM and keep you safe. Most the time I use a spotter for them.
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ageispolis
    LOTS of powerlifters do it without experiencing any problems.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bring the barbell and bench over, that simple. set the safety catches as low as safely possible.
    <->

BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by aiwass
    I'd say MOST do.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by aiwass
    yea, because they use PROPER arching, unlike most
    <->

david4zero8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david4zero8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david4zero8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david4zero8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david4zero8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david4zero8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david4zero8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david4zero8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david4zero8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david4zero8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) david4zero8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    bring the barbell and bench over, that simple. set the safety catches as low as safely possible.
    You know i might be out on a limb here, but i think he's referring to bringing in the actual bench press station into a power rack. If the thread starter is thinking this, there is a reason why there are utility benches. lol.

Bigger than Darklight The Real Deal's Avatar
    The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by david4zero8
    You know i might be out on a limb here, but i think he's referring to bringing in the actual bench press station into a power rack. If the thread starter is thinking this, there is a reason why there are utility benches. lol.
    lol i think ur right.
    just bring a bench into the powerrack. there should be adjustable hooks where u put the barbell onto so that u can lift from there and have the supportive arms at ur chest level.

Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like to do deadstop benchpressing in the power racks. I set the safety bars at the same height my chest will be when i lie down on the bench and put the bar on. Then i slide under and the bar should just be touching my chest before i lift. I then lift the bar starting from the bottom position. This really helps to strengthen my drive from the deep position.
    Weight-198lbs
    Overhead Squat-158lbs
    Clean & Jerk-202lbs
    Snatch - 153lbs
    Deadlift - 400lbs