Closed Thread

Thread: Raw Paleo Diet

in the repair shop Commonpremier21's Avatar
    Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Raw Paleo Diet

I have been enlightened by one of my friends who met an old guy who has been following a raw paleolithic diet. He has experienced incredible health benefits and feeling of well being from it.

I'm posting this to ask anyone who has ever heard of this diet, tried it, or disagree with it to post their opinion and thoughts.
    NSCA CSCS
    ACSM CPT
    NASM CPT
    BS Kinesiology

bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had some classes with a major professor of the paleo diet Dr. Cordain. It find to be really good but i disagree with the removal of all grains. I believe you should always have oatmeal or grains that havent been refined. The whole concept of removal of diary is really up in the air.
    'Cholesterol turns into Testosterone!' - Louie Simmons

doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you have any links? I'd like to read more.
    Leukemia survivor

Stay strong and enjoy life. That is something everyone should do. -- rockhard1

psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    theres lots about it

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=

especially the first result. I think the removal of grain is a key idea in it dude, quite important.

www.dragondoor.com on the nutrition forum, would be a good place to ask. Theres lots of interesting posts on there too

--Joe
    5'11", 187lbs, 19 y/o

[DL]
    5 x 302.5 (06.06)
    [Pullups]
    3x3 x +33 (08.06)
    [overhead]
    115 x 3 (09.06)

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=633909

bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Originally Posted by psychojoe
    theres lots about it

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=

especially the first result. I think the removal of grain is a key idea in it dude, quite important.

www.dragondoor.com on the nutrition forum, would be a good place to ask. Theres lots of interesting posts on there too

--Joe
    I dont agree with removing grain in an active lifestyle such as a bodybuilders because their are good grain carbs out there and many people wouldn enjoy eating the amount of veggies and such to get to the same amount as they would with a grain. Even some of Cordain's lectures even leaned to it was ok to have some grains as long as there was the whole grain, with the hull, endosperm, and germ. Dairy however should me off limits because its interesting effects on raising insulin and not having a high GI

in the repair shop Commonpremier21's Avatar
    Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commonpremier21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what do you guys know about the bacterias present in all meat? Especially those of us that has no access to a local farm with a butcher. I was told that with bacteria on raw food, your body knows how to react to it and you cannot get food poisoning, is this true?
    NSCA CSCS
    ACSM CPT
    NASM CPT
    BS Kinesiology

psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Commonpremier21
    what do you guys know about the bacterias present in all meat? Especially those of us that has no access to a local farm with a butcher. I was told that with bacteria on raw food, your body knows how to react to it and you cannot get food poisoning, is this true?
    Ive never heard anyone recomend eating any raw meat/fish that hasnt been prepared to be eaten raw. So, no normal meat from the supermarket. If you went and killed an animal and ate it right away, there should be problems. I dont think live muscle tissue is usually full of bacteria. AFAIK it is largely modern production methods, and long times from slaughter to shop, that make most raw meat unsafe to eat today.
    5'11", 187lbs, 19 y/o

[DL]
    5 x 302.5 (06.06)
    [Pullups]
    3x3 x +33 (08.06)
    [overhead]
    115 x 3 (09.06)

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=633909

Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you going to eat raw meat make sure it’s organic and was grass fed.

Mix it with lots of garlic, onions, carrots and add other spices/veggies to it by taste (like black pepper, hot pepper). That way garlic, onions and carrot will kill pretty much 99% of bad bacteria in meat that can cause sickness to your body.

I have tasted a little before when my dad would make that mix and it was pretty good, just weird to eat it like that for the first time.

I’m actually going to make me some in a week. My dad said that you would like to eat meat like that more then cooked and its better that way too - to eat it raw.

Just be careful on your meat choice and mix it with enough garlic, onions and carrots (make sure you can eat it too). You will digest it much better and faster by eating it raw.
    Milk:
    “If you were to feed a baby cow pasteurized cow’s milk, it would die in two weeks.” - karlloren.com/diet/milk/index.htm

"Milk-drinking men seem to have about a 70% greater chance of developing cancer of the prostate." - drgreger.org/september2004.html

Calories:
    "De Boer's study is consistent with others showing that consuming fewer calories can extend lifespan." - Popular Science

popsci.com/popsci/medicine/6160c4522fa84010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

Lee Hsiao Lung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lee Hsiao Lung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lee Hsiao Lung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lee Hsiao Lung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lee Hsiao Lung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lee Hsiao Lung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lee Hsiao Lung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lee Hsiao Lung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lee Hsiao Lung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lee Hsiao Lung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lee Hsiao Lung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sorry if i am repeating anything already said on this post, i dont have the time right now to read all responses but here it goes
    i saw a show on tv about this a couple of years back, i think it was one of the founders of it or something, he was also a falconer, anyways
    they said that this diet is pretty unhealthy due to the lack of nutrients you get
    if you are gonna start such a diet, and they warned not to, you have go to consult a nutritionist and get about a gillion more pills to take to make sure you get all the nutrients only found in the foods that this diet requires you cut out

Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100)
    They want you to take as much pills/drugs as possible b/c that is their pay check and you will be a fool to take/buy something that you can get naturally from a proper diet.
    Milk:
    “If you were to feed a baby cow pasteurized cow’s milk, it would die in two weeks.” - karlloren.com/diet/milk/index.htm

"Milk-drinking men seem to have about a 70% greater chance of developing cancer of the prostate." - drgreger.org/september2004.html

Calories:
    "De Boer's study is consistent with others showing that consuming fewer calories can extend lifespan." - Popular Science

popsci.com/popsci/medicine/6160c4522fa84010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Lee Hsiao Lung
    sorry if i am repeating anything already said on this post, i dont have the time right now to read all responses but here it goes
    i saw a show on tv about this a couple of years back, i think it was one of the founders of it or something, he was also a falconer, anyways
    they said that this diet is pretty unhealthy due to the lack of nutrients you get
    if you are gonna start such a diet, and they warned not to, you have go to consult a nutritionist and get about a gillion more pills to take to make sure you get all the nutrients only found in the foods that this diet requires you cut out
    and which nutrients would that be?

Paleopeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly I love my paleo diet. I've got energy, I'm losing the weight that I want (albeit not as quickly as I desired, c'est la vie), and I actually am full from the meals. The only thing that I recommend is buying in bulk (I have a long travel time for some groceries) or get them delivered. I tried Paleo Delivers and it was fantastic (and they have easily found discount codes too!). Find what's right for you and go with it for a bit to find your mileage.