damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff

Pre-Workout carbs?

I usually have some fruit, bread or a candy bar before I workout, but today all I had was a can of tuna and no carbohydrates. I was wondering if the lack of carbs had an adverse effect on my workout and just totally nullified it.

I'm crazy paranoid!
    "Sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak. And when you feel weak you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you and try to find that inner strength and just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter no matter how bad you just wanna fall flat on your face and collapse." - Eminem

MikeyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Carbs are necessary to fuel your workout. Yeah protein can be converted to energy, but that is not what your body wants to do. By giving your body what it wants, you will have the energy for a more intense workout=greater gains.

LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by damnJeff View Post
    I usually have some fruit, bread or a candy bar before I workout, but today all I had was a can of tuna and no carbohydrates. I was wondering if the lack of carbs had an adverse effect on my workout and just totally nullified it.

I'm crazy paranoid!
    It can.

Have some brown rice or oats.
    ***Knee Draggers Unite***
    2003 CBR600 F4i
    h4te crew. (yes stylin on you)
    u mad?

LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What does the teen section think?
    ***Knee Draggers Unite***
    2003 CBR600 F4i
    h4te crew. (yes stylin on you)
    u mad?

Chris542 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris542 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris542 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris542 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris542 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris542 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris542 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris542 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris542 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris542 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chris542 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I normally eat a sweet potato or oats pre-wo.

HamstringKing is not very helpful. (-500) HamstringKing is not very helpful. (-500) HamstringKing is not very helpful. (-500) HamstringKing is not very helpful. (-500) HamstringKing is not very helpful. (-500) HamstringKing is not very helpful. (-500) HamstringKing is not very helpful. (-500) HamstringKing is not very helpful. (-500) HamstringKing is not very helpful. (-500) HamstringKing is not very helpful. (-500) HamstringKing is not very helpful. (-500)

I'm crazy paranoid!
    Pre workout supps.

Also,

Rochester, NY.

KevinXC will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinXC will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinXC will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinXC will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinXC will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinXC will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinXC will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinXC will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinXC will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinXC will become famous soon enough. (+50) KevinXC will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I'm crazy paranoid!
    yes, you're now catabolic for the next 72 hours.

not srs

carbs help pre-workout, but if you're bulking and you've been consistently getting your macros in, you shouldn't feel any different.
    and if you did, it's probably just placebo.

Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Normally i eat pasta about 2 hours pre workout then a protein shake 30 minutes before workout.
    Australian Natural Bodybuilder.
    Instagram: BrendonHiscocks
    Snapchat: thicktightsolid
    Email: Brenjam@hotmail.com < Coaching, plans, support, questions, email me! >
    #BRENZILLA

Registered User nitinchatterjee's Avatar
    nitinchatterjee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pre workout

I eat broken wheat porridge an hour before training and a scoop of pwo supp 20 min before training. Lifting on a near empty stomach makes me feel giddy at the gym.

EssAre95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's personal preference.
    Personally, I can't workout without carbs.
    People like Benjamin Pakulski, they workout with 0 carbs.

CzarSurg is on a distinguished road. (+10) CzarSurg is on a distinguished road. (+10) CzarSurg is on a distinguished road. (+10) CzarSurg is on a distinguished road. (+10) CzarSurg is on a distinguished road. (+10) CzarSurg is on a distinguished road. (+10) CzarSurg is on a distinguished road. (+10) CzarSurg is on a distinguished road. (+10) CzarSurg is on a distinguished road. (+10) CzarSurg is on a distinguished road. (+10) CzarSurg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I literally just sighed irl....
    Instagram: czarsurg24

Accepting clients.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nitinchatterjee View Post
    I eat broken wheat porridge an hour before training and a scoop of pwo supp 20 min before training. Lifting on a near empty stomach makes me feel giddy at the gym.
    Riveting, tell us more! Also, tell us why you felt the need to bump a 2 year old thread..

NichoMauricio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NichoMauricio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NichoMauricio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NichoMauricio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I'm crazy paranoid!

carbs are necessary, i usually eat, bread, potatoes or any form of carbs before i do my crossfit wod it helps

Registered User thebencher900lb's Avatar
    thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000) thebencher900lb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NichoMauricio View Post
    carbs are necessary, i usually eat, bread, potatoes or any form of carbs before i do my crossfit wod it helps
    do you seriously have to bump this thread?
    Contrary to popular belief, I dont actually bench 900lbs, as stated in my username.

Supplement Stack:
    -Orange Triad
    -CreaCore
    -MusclePharm Fish Oil
    -Caffeine Tablets

Nutritional ketosis requires explicit reduction of CHO intake to generally lower than 50 g/d and, for some, <30 g/d. Protein must also be restricted, often to <1.8 g/d per kg body mass and sometimes to < 1.2 g/d per kg, with remaining calories composed from fat.