Closed Thread
    Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Has anyone tried a strictly egg Ketosis diet?

I read on a couple of forums that Vince Gironda used to say eating 3 dozen eggs a day had a testosterone boost equivalent of a mild cycle of the juice. Also, eggs seem like an ideal food while on Ketosis because of the high protein and fat content with only trace amounts of carbs.

So it got me thinking how would one benefit from a diet consisting almost exclusively of eggs. Not necessarily 36, but something like 25-30 a day. Some whey and some lean meat/fish like Tuna. It would be really easy to to hit around 2000 calories and you could easily monitor your macro split, plus receive the anabolic benefits from the eggs. I'm thinking of trying it after my bulk in a few months.

Anyone else?
    But that's just my opinion... Don't get all BUTTHURT if you don't like that opinion.

10/10 girlfriend crew

FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Couthos View Post
    I read on a couple of forums that Vince Gironda used to say eating 3 dozen eggs a day had a testosterone boost equivalent of a mild cycle of the juice. Also, eggs seem like an ideal food while on Ketosis because of the high protein and fat content with only trace amounts of carbs.

So it got me thinking how would one benefit from a diet consisting almost exclusively of eggs. Not necessarily 36, but something like 25-30 a day. Some whey and some lean meat/fish like Tuna. It would be really easy to to hit around 2000 calories and you could easily monitor your macro split, plus receive the anabolic benefits from the eggs. I'm thinking of trying it after my bulk in a few months.

Anyone else?
    You really wanna eat eggs and nothing but eggs for as long as your keto diet is gonna be? Not hating on eggs, I eat tons, but an only egg diet is gonna get old really quick man as with an anything only diet. have some variety to keep you sane

joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I thought protein farts were bad.... lemme know how the first 3 dozen egg bomb turns out. I'm guessing you will strip the paint off your car.

Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Couthos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FunkMasterPhil View Post
    You really wanna eat eggs and nothing but eggs for as long as your keto diet is gonna be? Not hating on eggs, I eat tons, but an only egg diet is gonna get old really quick man as with an anything only diet. have some variety to keep you sane
    That would seem to be the only problem but it would afford one meat dish a day like I said, chicken, meat or fish because elsewise there might be too much fat for the protein..

It could be a problem but even on a bulk I eat the same things every day and am fine with it. Obviously my bulk diet is more diverse though...

Also a strictly steak and eggs diet is pretty popular for keto. This is essentially replacing some of the steak with more eggs.
    But that's just my opinion... Don't get all BUTTHURT if you don't like that opinion.

10/10 girlfriend crew

RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it'd probably "work"... but... gotta say... borrrrrrring. I'd think you'd get real sick of it real quick!

yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yeshli2nuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    boring?? BORING??? But there's fried eggs, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs, sunny side up eggs, eggs over easy, deviled eggs, eggs benedict, and more! Almost as many options as shrimp!

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sounds like you'll be needing to use a lot of supps to balance out your diet.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

Originally Posted by BookMonkey View Post
    Sounds like you'll be needing to use a lot of supps to balance out your diet.
    Definitely thinking strong multi, fish oil and fiber.. Eggs are relatively cheap too which is why this is enticing.. Any other supps though?

10/10 girlfriend crew

Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    umm but is no1 looking about the health factor
    25 eggs a day?? PHUCK lots of cholestorol for ya!

if its 100% safe...i might even try it

could care less if i would get sick of it...its only for 8 weeks or so

FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Machoman94 View Post
    umm but is no1 looking about the health factor
    25 eggs a day?? PHUCK lots of cholestorol for ya!

if its 100% safe...i might even try it

could care less if i would get sick of it...its only for 8 weeks or so
    PHUCK lots of chloestorol? read up on your bro science bud.

There is no correlation between dietary chloestorol and bllod chloestorol.

ImThatOneKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImThatOneKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImThatOneKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImThatOneKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImThatOneKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImThatOneKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImThatOneKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImThatOneKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImThatOneKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImThatOneKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImThatOneKid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's alot of eggs lol. If you can handle it go right for it.

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    well i guess you can cook eggs tons of different ways for variety... i can down sunny side up eggs way faster than hard boiled
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

Lift hard, die strong. GolGotha's Avatar
    GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    PHUCK lots of chloestorol? read up on your bro science bud.

There is no correlation between dietary chloestorol and bllod chloestorol.
    Not true if you're taking in grams of cholesterol. Also, you should read up on your research pertaining to individual responses to dietary cholesterol. Some individuals are more sensitive cholesterol and need to avoid it. Typically saturated fat is the main predictor of LDL (bad) cholesterol, but in those particularly sensitive to cholesterol, dietary cholesterol can really affect lipid panels.

watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000)
    There would be no need to only eat eggs. You would eat nuts, meat and peanut butter as well.

I eat 9 -12 raw eggs a day. I whip 3 at a time and drink them.

I could never eat 12 cooked eggs a day. It would be too bloating.
    -Roger Stone's on the loose; quislings on the run.
    -of Nolibs "Donald stumped him & everyone else in the race, even Lyin' Ted Cruz!"
    -Donald trump tears a hole,destroys my self esteem... And trump could win it all,my rightful place from birth,dad i've let you down,dub i've made you...hurt
    -Donald for a long time, Donald for a long time, Go tell that syphilis tongued liar
    -Now this nation that I love has fallen under attack,
    Through our DJT,
    we lit up the cucks,
    Like the fourth of July

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You'll be getting a lot of iron from that many eggs--possibly too much in the context of the rest of your diet. You'll also get a disproportionate amount of phosphorous, and that means you'd need more calcium to compensate (you'd probably want to supplement). Eggs are also very high in selenium, and too much of that can be a problem. These are just three examples where possible complications could arise just from the standpoint of mineral excesses. I'm not saying any of these would 100% occur but it's something to think about.

On top of all that, I'm sure that the fat content in eggs doesn't represent the most favorable spectrum of fatty acids. So again, too much of one kind or not enough of another might be a problem if you're continually eating that many.
    "Worrying about GI is a waste of time & energy." - Alan Aragon.

Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000) Puppywhirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GolGotha View Post
    Not true if you're taking in grams of cholesterol. Also, you should read up on your research pertaining to individual responses to dietary cholesterol. Some individuals are more sensitive cholesterol and need to avoid it. Typically saturated fat is the main predictor of LDL (bad) cholesterol, but in those particularly sensitive to cholesterol, dietary cholesterol can really affect lipid panels.
    Incorrect good sir.

There are two types of LDL's, pattern A and pattern B. Saturated fats increase pattern A, which is less dense of the two and does not cause plague to form. Pattern B is the bad on, the dense kind that causes plague buildup. Wanna know how you make Pattern B LDL's? From Carbohydrates. Saturated Fats do not cause any negative effects on the body, no matter how much you consume. In fact, Saturated Fats are the healthiest fats for us.

My diet is sticktly Eggs, Bacon, and Steak, and coconut oil and my blood pressure is 110/72 and my basal heart-rate is 42.

Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would be able to eat str8 eggs I'd get bored real fast . I don't eat the same thing day in day out I need my variety
    1k+ 100% of the time

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Many people do a "Steak and Eggs" keto diet. This might be a little more tolerable than an "egg only diet".

Originally Posted by GolGotha View Post
    I HAVE done my research sir. That's how I came to that conclusion. If you think I'm spreading bro-science please prove me wrong, scientifically, not with your own words.

Originally Posted by watertoy View Post
    There would be no need to only eat eggs. You would eat nuts, meat and peanut butter as well.

You absorb alot more of the protein from eggs if they are cooked you should think about cooking them.

10/10 girlfriend crew

ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500) ianianian is not very helpful. (-500)
    OP, other than monotony, I see nothing wrong with it as long as your taking a couple of multis a day (IMO and also a vit C)

GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10) GolGotha is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Puppywhirl View Post
    Incorrect good sir.

There are two types of LDL's, pattern A and pattern B. Saturated fats increase pattern A, which is less dense of the two and does not cause plague to form. Pattern B is the bad on, the dense kind that causes plague buildup. Wanna know how you make Pattern B LDL's? From Carbohydrates. Saturated Fats do not cause any negative effects on the body, no matter how much you consume. In fact, Saturated Fats are the healthiest fats for us.

My diet is sticktly Eggs, Bacon, and Steak, and coconut oil and my blood pressure is 110/72 and my basal heart-rate is 42.
    Woo, thread bump coming at you.

I understand this. You have two types of LDL, typically labeled small, dense LDL and large, buoyant LDL. Saturated fats increase concentration of your large, buoyant LDL (what you refer to as pattern A). However, you're wrong that it doesn't cause plaque buildup. All LDL, no matter what type, is atherosclerotic. Large, buoyant LDLs are less atherosclerotic than small, dense LDLs, but they still induce plaque-formation within the epithelium of vasculature. Also, a better predictor of small, dense LDLs is not carbohydrate in general, but sucrose/fructose. And you are an imbecile if you think saturated fats are the HEALTHIEST (go read up on MUFA's and be amazed - vitamins, fiber, what is this madness!).

My diet also involves a fair amount of saturated fat and my cholesterol was 123 (way, way safe). However, I don't overeat saturated fat, as most people who would read what you said might. There isn't a free ticket to eat sticks of butter. You can eat saturated fat, but don't abuse it.

And unless you're an extensive endurance athlete or have a cardiac arrythmia, your heart rate is not 42.

I HAVE done my research sir. That's how I came to that conclusion. If you think I'm spreading bro-science please prove me wrong, scientifically, not with your own words.
    Seriously? Have you read research published in the last 15 years about this? Every study mentions that cholesterol-sensitive individuals will respond negatively to a high cholesterol diet, similar to a high saturated fat diet. It's estimated that nearly 25-30% of the population is cholesterol-sensitive. It seems like your advice would clog the arteries of nearly one in four people.

For example, check out any nutrition, exercise nutrition, and/or many exercise biology textbooks. Or, go read this:

Journal: The New England Journal of Medicine
    Vol/Issue: 324 (13), Date: Mar 28, 1991, Page: 912
    Article: Cholesterol Intake and Serum Cholesterol Level
    Author(s): Gotto, Antonio M

Originally Posted by watertoy View Post

Also, just to address this: large scale consumption of raw eggs can lead to biotin deficiencies. There is a specific protein (crap, can't remember the name off the top of my head) that actively binds to biotin in the gut. Essentially, it sucks the biotin out of you. The problem with that? Biotin is vitamin B7, an essential vitamin necessary for good function. This likely contributed to the death of Katsumi Kitamura, a famous bodybuilder who ate 20 raw eggs in a soup each day. Then again, I'm sure the steroids, raw chicken, and lack of cardiovascular exercise didn't do him any favors either. And here's a video to keep those of you with a short attention span entertained:

pilip99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilip99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilip99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilip99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilip99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilip99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilip99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilip99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilip99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilip99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pilip99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow haha

CanadianApollo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CanadianApollo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CanadianApollo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CanadianApollo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CanadianApollo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CanadianApollo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CanadianApollo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CanadianApollo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CanadianApollo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CanadianApollo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CanadianApollo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've eaten only eggs (18 a day) from November 26th 2016 till today may 19th 2017. I lost 50 pounds in the first 4 months. And I am seriously cut now. I eat my eggs with a bit of sriracha sauce on them. I am addicted to eggs to the point I am not satisfied eating anything but eggs. I feel healthy and at the peak of my game!
    Last edited by dj924s; 05-18-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Ripper908 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ripper908 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ripper908 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ripper908 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ripper908 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ripper908 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ripper908 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ripper908 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ripper908 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ripper908 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ripper908 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Steak and eggs only is a classic bodybuilding protocol to shred fast

steak over chicken because the diet is supposed to be putting you in ketosis and chicken tends to lack fat

I recommend adding leafy greens to most of your meals for fiber/micronutrients
    Stats: 6 foot, 240 pounds
    Cane Corso Crew