Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by TheFitnessGuru
    So. Explain what to do in this situation.... I KNOW my meal before was big enough, b/c unknowingly i had 22g of fat during it, only 5sat though. I accidentally ate sardines, thinking they had 0g fat.. Anyways, i had about 40 carbs and 56protein. Definitely a big enough meal to last a couple of hours without getting hungry. BUT!

We all know that when you're "hungry" you're probably mroe often than not, actually thirsty. Its been 2 hours since my last meal, and my stomach is "churning" somewhat like i think im "hungry" but i know it cannot be because I didnt get enough to eat, and i had eggs and fish as my protein, so that's good for about at least 3 hours of digestion time right there....

WHAT DO I DO NOW??? I know im actually thirsty and not hungry, but its only been freakin 2 hours,

if I dont drink water, i'll continue to be "churning"/"hungry" but i'll be allowing my digestion to finish, or continue for a while. If i drink water, i'll fudge up my digestion. WHAT DO I DO? ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr, is it ok to have a few sips of water, b/c that wont hurt... and it will only hurt if you drink like a couple of glasses of water within a few hours after you ate.

Well, if you are so thirsty after your meals then something is wrong with your diet.

I have no need to drink during my meals nor do I get thirsty after, unless I eat somewhere out or have food high in sodium, salt; in that case I just wait it out anyways and don’t drink.

I usually drink a big glass of water (4-5 cups – room temperature) 10-15 minutes before my meals, and then I eat big salad with different fresh vegetables plus whatever else I might have after salad.

My next meal would be 3-4 hours later (depends on what I had in my previous meal) starting with a glass of water and then 10 minutes later I eat.

Another thing I can think of is the types of food you eat in one meal. Your stomach doesn’t produce same acids for all foods. You might get thirsty because different foods need different acids for digesting it and when you mix a lot of different kinds of food your stomach has to produce more, other acids for digest it and some acids don’t mix with each other very well so that is why your stomach acting all weird and hear all those noises.

Then it’s a chain reaction from there; your body needs more liquid --> you get thirsty --> you drink more liquid --> you mix all acids with that liquid --> digesting, and absorbing nutrition slowing down or doesn’t finish all the way through --> you waste more energy and you get tired after your meals .. etc
    Milk:
    “If you were to feed a baby cow pasteurized cow’s milk, it would die in two weeks.” - karlloren.com/diet/milk/index.htm

"Milk-drinking men seem to have about a 70% greater chance of developing cancer of the prostate." - drgreger.org/september2004.html

Calories:
    "De Boer's study is consistent with others showing that consuming fewer calories can extend lifespan." - Popular Science

popsci.com/popsci/medicine/6160c4522fa84010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Zelluz
    Well, if you are so thirsty after your meals then something is wrong with your diet.

I have no need to drink during my meals nor do I get thirsty after, unless I eat somewhere out or have food high in sodium, salt; in that case I just wait it out anyways and don’t drink.

I usually drink a big glass of water (4-5 cups – room temperature) 10-15 minutes before my meals, and then I eat big salad with different fresh vegetables plus whatever else I might have after salad.

My next meal would be 3-4 hours later (depends on what I had in my previous meal) starting with a glass of water and then 10 minutes later I eat.

Another thing I can think of is the types of food you eat in one meal. Your stomach doesn’t produce same acids for all foods. You might get thirsty because different foods need different acids for digesting it and when you mix a lot of different kinds of food your stomach has to produce more, other acids for digest it and some acids don’t mix with each other very well so that is why your stomach acting all weird and hear all those noises.

Then it’s a chain reaction from there; your body needs more liquid --> you get thirsty --> you drink more liquid --> you mix all acids with that liquid --> digesting, and absorbing nutrition slowing down or doesn’t finish all the way through --> you waste more energy and you get tired after your meals .. etc

you aren't paying attention to the class are you?

you NEED liquids to produce the proper digestive enzymes and hcl.

different foods do not need different acids, only one acid, hcl, and several different ENZYMES.

you're ignoring facts and have lost this debate quite a few posts ago. climb back under your rock because you have been schooled in both your top threads in this section. fasting is a terrible thing to do and you need water constantly during the day.

Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dont you get sick of drinking so much water every day?

I only drink when my body needs, that is when I get thirsty.

ratmonkey,

I pulled those web sites on the fly; this is not my real source however. The books I have read for the past 9 years are written on another language. The web site is just the short summary of what I have read and I just agree with it.
    you do realise that thirst is a very poor indicator if your body needs water. You are already dehyrated by the time you are thirsty.

for anyone here to take you seriously you really need to post up some science.

it has already been shown with science that water aids in digestion.

Also how do you expect people not to drink for 2 - 4 hours after a meal when they are eating every couple of hours.

What about when you workout, you have something to eat then do your workout you need some water during that or you could get seriously dehydrated.

mate you are not making any sence. you tell people not to eat now you are saying not to drink water, come on mate what planet are you from.

BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Actually its a scientific double randomized homogenous placebo FACT that you shouldn't have any fluid content 1.25 hours before or 2.6 hours after any meal.
    You really should eat ONLY dehydrated meals. Make your own with a food dehydrator system, or for simplicity, use MRE's without adding any water and without drinking any liquid. As far as whey, just spoon it down dry like a good boy.

vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vja2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is this why I'm hungry so soon?

Okay, guys; I've been thinking again - Uh Oh! Okay, you all know I don't drink with my meals. Now, I should note that I do have a glass of water with my meals, but that I don't drink it until I am through with my meals. By then, the water is usually close to room temperature, and it generally amounts to around 8-10 ounces. Okay, here's the thing. I am very hungry shortly after I eat; like within 30 minutes to an hour. When I say hungry, check this; I stopped at Denny's the other day and had their Talapia over rice with corn and green beans; it's a great meal for eating out, except that like any other place we eat out, they always want to do something to screw the meal. In Denny's case, they serve it with 2 pieces of like Texas toast or something drenched no, SOAKED in butter, which I never eat. After downing this meal, I went to Sports Authority to pick up some Cap Shirts. On the way back, I stopped at Denny's again, like within an hour or less, and had 4 eggs with a pancake. So, what's up with this? It happens to me all the time! No matter when I eat, I am always hungry again shortly thereafter. Why is this? Could it be from not drinking fluids with my meals? What do you all think? This is not something new - I've always been this way. And, you should know that it doesn't matter if I absolutely stuff myself or not, I'm still hungry right away...

Vince

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by vja2000
    Okay, guys; I've been thinking again - Uh Oh! Okay, you all know I don't drink with my meals. Now, I should note that I do have a glass of water with my meals, but that I don't drink it until I am through with my meals. By then, the water is usually close to room temperature, and it generally amounts to around 8-10 ounces. Okay, here's the thing. I am very hungry shortly after I eat; like within 30 minutes to an hour. When I say hungry, check this; I stopped at Denny's the other day and had their Talapia over rice with corn and green beans; it's a great meal for eating out, except that like any other place we eat out, they always want to do something to screw the meal. In Denny's case, they serve it with 2 pieces of like Texas toast or something drenched no, SOAKED in butter, which I never eat. After downing this meal, I went to Sports Authority to pick up some Cap Shirts. On the way back, I stopped at Denny's again, like within an hour or less, and had 4 eggs with a pancake. So, what's up with this? It happens to me all the time! No matter when I eat, I am always hungry again shortly thereafter. Why is this? Could it be from not drinking fluids with my meals? What do you all think? This is not something new - I've always been this way. And, you should know that it doesn't matter if I absolutely stuff myself or not, I'm still hungry right away...

Vince

if you're sure that you're eating enough with each meal then it's a sign that your brain isn't recieving the signals it should when you're full. it may be related to the liquid consumption habits you have or it may not be.

i'm leaning towards it being the amount of liquid you drink with your meals though.

balefire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My co-worker at my gym who graduated from the University of Penn (ivy league) with a degree in nutrition said you guys are full of $hit and drinking water with your meals is no problem at all, in fact he encouraged drinking it.

He said 8-12oz with a meal helps aid in digestion, but more could cause a dilution of stomach enzymes.
    Last edited by balefire; 10-11-2005 at 05:59 AM.

Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This shouldn't even be discussed. Honestly how silly is this? Don't drink water with you're meal?

If you're afraid to drink water with a meal then something is very wrong.

Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Stand Ablaze
    This shouldn't even be discussed. Honestly how silly is this? Don't drink water with you're meal?

If you're afraid to drink water with a meal then something is very wrong.
    agree, people are saying that it dilutes stomach acids ect, well then, wouldnt just eating food dilute all the acids. ummm no, because you stomach regulates the acids to the optimum level.

as for someone saying eat only dehydrated food. WTF. Have a think about through evolution, did we evolve with a food dehydrator to dehydrate everything we ate.

hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50) hokiehokieVT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kouta

as for someone saying eat only dehydrated food. WTF. Have a think about through evolution, did we evolve with a food dehydrator to dehydrate everything we ate.
    He was joking.

Originally Posted by hokiehokieVT
    He was joking.

LOL
    yeah i just read over it again ha ha.

Xero is just really nice. (+1000) Xero is just really nice. (+1000) Xero is just really nice. (+1000) Xero is just really nice. (+1000) Xero is just really nice. (+1000) Xero is just really nice. (+1000) Xero is just really nice. (+1000) Xero is just really nice. (+1000) Xero is just really nice. (+1000) Xero is just really nice. (+1000) Xero is just really nice. (+1000)
    [QUOTE=Ahh, to be young again First, you quoted the word evidence as if to suggest I offered any, which I did not. At best, my post as quoted by you offers, if anything, only an observation.

Like you, I was a very intelligent young man at your age. However, as smart as I was then I am way, way smarter now at age 47 just from having been around a while. To give you a perspective on how it works, just ask yourself if you're smarter now at 24 than you were ten years ago at 14. Then ask yourself if you expect to be much smarter 10 years from now when you're 34 - I do hope so. Now, before you decide to go off on me for having said that, keep in mind that you will one day find yourself in precisely the same place as I

Suggesting that our body will not react differently to ingesting water of different temperature, is to suggest that a heat pack or ice won't matter, either. Fact is, I've had my hands and feet in water that was so closely matched to my body temperature that my brain didn't even know I was wet. As a further example of liquid temperature effects, have you ever been bleeding and not know it? Of course you have. Lastly, are you always aware of every area of your body that is sweating? You're right, your body will know what to do with warm water, just not right away. If you read again what I said in that particular post, you will quickly see that I said, "Water can be *difficult* for your body to understand when it is close to body temperature." Now, technically what I said is true, unfortunately what you said is false, that "...the temperature of the water makes absolutely no difference..."

You further suggest I am arguing against my own point. I think my point is that if the stomach acids are too diluted, the food cannot be broken down properly. This has got to effect the digestive process, which might explain the Tums factor. Jumping to conclude it is excessive acid would be the improper application of logic. As for the heartburn, could it be (and I'm guessing here) that the acid mixed in the excessive liquid is forced to rise to the level of effecting the Eso****eal Tube, thereby explaining the Pepcid factor? It would seem that even in a diluted state, a small amount of stomach acid touching the wrong place could have consequences.

Look, you quite obviously love to drink with your meals. Well, no one's telling you that you can't, I certainly am not; it's okay, man - drink
    [/QUOTE]

Vince
    you wrote like this on the first quote then you went on to write like this on the second. it just sounds like youre being self righteous and you just like to sound smart with elegantly constructed sentences. theres a 'difference between sounding intelligent and being intelligent'. or maybe you were just doing that for the fun of it.

anyway; no water during meals? this is news to me!

i dont see the valid link between how you can feel temperature of water to how your body utilizes the water in your stomach. your analysis oh the sensation of water temp on your hands and feet has very little to nothing to do on how your body utilized water in your stomach, though im not disagreeing that temp of water ingested may have an effect sounds interesting but i do believe ratmonkey is right when he sez you body will regulate its temp for better absorbtion.

Inhumane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Hmmmmmmm..

Right! And I drink water all day long like a fish. I honestly do not know what it is about drinking with meals, but I do know that it somehow upsets the digestive process. If I were to apply logic, I would have to conclude that it washes down something that is required to assist in breaking down and digesting foods both in the mouth and in the stomach.

When I diet, what I eat is much different. I love to bake (another reason I think my T levels might be low) - anyway, I do love to bake and when I'm not dieting I eat the heck out of baked goods and this is the only time I ever drink anything with food; cookies and milk, brownies and milk, chocolate cake and milk, donuts and milk, and so on.

It's kind of a hard thing to figure, because I do eat my cereal in milk, for example. And chicken soup (mostly water), as another example.

One thing is absolutely certain, though; you do not need to drink with food - that's a given...

Vince

Hmm, and if I were to apply some logic of my own, then wouldn't it be ideal to take pills WITHOUT water? Wouldn't it somehow improve the way in which we absorb whatever we take in the form of pills, if we didn't "water them down" ?

Registered User it stars saddam's Avatar
    it stars saddam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it stars saddam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it stars saddam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it stars saddam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it stars saddam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it stars saddam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it stars saddam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it stars saddam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it stars saddam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it stars saddam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it stars saddam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dosquito
    "honey, want some water?"

"NO MOM, YOU IDIOT! YOU'RE RUINING MY GAINS!"
    LOL

DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dont understand how "Don’t drink after your have eat for at least two hours" works...

Especially for those that eat every 2 hours. If you eat every two hours and you have to wait at least 2 hours before drinking water...then you would never drink water except sometime in the middle of the night and just before your first meal.

Its already been noted that once you feel thirty...your body is already dehydrated.

Sorry....but I'll continue to drink my water whenever I want....

LiquidSnakeRNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiquidSnakeRNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiquidSnakeRNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiquidSnakeRNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiquidSnakeRNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiquidSnakeRNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiquidSnakeRNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiquidSnakeRNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiquidSnakeRNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiquidSnakeRNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiquidSnakeRNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Of course you drink and eat at the same time. Have you ever watched a hotdog eating contest? Those guys dip their food in water :P

Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Always drink 10-15 minutes before you eat. That way you wash all the leftovers, acids in your stomach before new food enters.

Never drink while you eat, you need your saliva for better, faster digesting and saliva kills gems while you chewing it, so chew it slowly and thoroughly.

Don’t drink after your have eat for at least two hours (four hours if you had meat products like beef, pork, chicken, fish), because you need your acids in your stomach not mixed with other liquids.

If you add any other liquids in your stomach right after you have eat your body have to waste even more energy and time to digest your food and its just go down the road from there. Food might not get digested all the way through and you get only half or less on the nutrition’s.

It’s simple chemistry.

You not going to die if you won’t drink for few hours … people last for over 5-10 days without water and they are fine.

Now you might say, “But what if I want to drink during that time?”

Well, if you really thirsty after you have eat then your diet isn’t right, you probably had food high in sodium or something else.

You do get used to drink before eating and not drinking after and it feels much better.
    Although this thread is a year old, i thought i might share my thoughts about this person's post.

he claims this is simple chemistry. When in fact this is actually very complex chemistry. The rate at which food is digested is dependent on the conentration of reactants. The more concentrated the reactants the faster the reaction will happen. So naturually you would assume you dont want to water down your stomaches concentrated chemicals which help breakdown your food. However water itself serves as a very effective medium for the stomache acid to travel in and can help for food to diffuse evenly throught your stomache helping the acid to reach new areas of the food it needs to break down more easily (where as if something is very concentrated with little medium to travel in, the reactants cannot react simply because they cannot make contact. This is the same principal for why you dont use 100% alcohol to kill bacterial, you need a water medium to help carry the waste away).

Also as has been pointed out you need water in order to produce Adenosine Tri-Phosphate (ATP) which is what gives you your energy. Remember our talk about concentration and how they effect reaction rates? well if you dont have enough H20 you aren't going to make the neccissary ATP (and also thousands of other reasons your body needs H20).

Bottom line is this Speculation was made by someone who has a very simple grasp of how chemistry works. Therefore only thought about 1 element of the digestive system and neglected thousands of other reasons why you should drink water with meals.

DRINK YOUR WATER BITCHES!!

wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've heard that drinking water while/before eating dilutes the enzymes in ur digestive system making it not as efficient....

IMO , it's nonsense...prob diff is very small.
    If it were so, wat's the point of having soups, stew etc.... ?? or even porridge??

Wolf Climbing The Hill dangoody27's Avatar
    dangoody27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoody27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoody27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoody27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoody27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoody27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoody27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoody27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoody27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoody27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dangoody27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Arnold + WATER + food + gym = greatest bodybuilder of all time.

If you're hungry, eat
    If you're thirsty, drink
    If you're hungry and thirsty, eat and drink.
    "It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great." - Tom Hanks

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10) CHALKOUTLINE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i would rather have no arms than have no water after meals... thats like torture

lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Red face

How are you going to pick up the glass of water then?

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wuzzo87 View Post
    I've heard that drinking water while/before eating dilutes the enzymes in ur digestive system making it not as efficient....

IMO , it's nonsense...prob diff is very small.
    If it were so, wat's the point of having soups, stew etc.... ?? or even porridge??
    The dilution of the enzymes is matched by the dilution of the food. It does not matter. More important is change in pH when stomach acid is diluted.

BaileyZR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Hi, I just joined the forum after reading through this thread (found during a google search at work!)

I've always had water with my meals and haven't ever been constipated or had heartburn (except for when spearfishing, for some reason going up and down and experiencing the changes in pressure every few minutes makes me get what I recently learned was heartburn... it sucks! I feel bad for people who are prone to it after eating their favorite foods).

As with overeating, overdrinking makes me feel slow, bloated, and generally lousy for a while. If I haven't had enough water during the day, it'll be harder for me to eat without drinking after every bite, and this in turn can make me feel uncomfortably full.

I started researching this after my friend told me to stop drinking during my meals, and have discovered that what Vince read in his book seems to be the most accurate --

It doesn't hurt to drink with your meal, and in fact it can be important for digestion. However, just as we aren't really evolved for enormous meals that take us from empty to totally stuffed, we aren't evolved to benfefit most from gulping down quarts of water when we're dehydrated. I've decided to try and drink just enough water to help wash things down during meals, but not so much that it fills me up... I suppose a glass or so.

If you drink plenty of water during the day, you will find yourself needing less at meals -- after reading through this thread, I'm going to try and restrict myself to a glass or less of water during meals, and get the rest of my water in smaller portions during non-meal times. I'm interested to see if it will start to make a difference during my daily work/leisure/exercise activities.

BigPooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPooper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ****! I'm drinking water while I eat this tuna sandwich right this minute. It's so hard to take down with no sauces on it

asianraisin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    personally, if i drink lots of water while i'm eating, i have to go number 2 almost immediately after i finish eating. whereas that's not the case if i don't drink anything.
    Take care of your body, and your body will take care of you.

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow, STRONG bump.

Jega has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So what if it mixes with your stomach acid? Just do whatever you're used to doing. Don't try to change something like this to improve your rate of digestion. Unless somebody has felt a significant increase in appetite when drinking their water before and 2 hours after their meal ... it doesn't matter.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

used to be aesthetic mike0093_OLDONE's Avatar
    mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike0093_OLDONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    this thread is a giant failure

iceblue01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceblue01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceblue01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceblue01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceblue01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceblue01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceblue01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'll throw this one into the bag...

on my met-rx protein plus bar, it states that you should consume 8fl ounces of water whilst eatting the bar for best results

from what i can understand, the water breaks down the food at a faster rate
    pumping iron since OCT 07

os90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) os90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) os90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) os90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) os90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) os90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) os90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) os90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) os90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) os90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) os90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Now water is bad while you eat food? WTF? This is possibly the most stupid thread ever created in this forum.

I have water with food ALL THE TIME. Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to help swallow some food.