Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think what the study means is that higher doses of Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine, in ratio to the other AA's inhibits the release of the other AA's. If you look at Supplement Directs EAA's, all the AA's are fairly proportionate to each other.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

mikesniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikesniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikesniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikesniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikesniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikesniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikesniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikesniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikesniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

type of supplements????

I am a cheap builder!! Does the type of bcaa, glutimine, and so on matter? I buy the cheap stuff and just drop it in my protein shake.

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Wink

Tons of really good info. Thanks BigR!!

I have subscribed to this thread so I can review the studies.

Agent-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agent-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agent-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agent-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agent-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agent-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agent-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agent-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agent-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agent-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agent-1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great post. Very interesting read. Thanks.

arminius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arminius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arminius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arminius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arminius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arminius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arminius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arminius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arminius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arminius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arminius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pre-Workout Nutrition

What's worked great for me for pre-workout (and I've tried all the supplements) is cup oatmeal and whey 45 minutes prior, and cup of black coffee 15 prior.

The oatmeal provides a good slow-burning carb during exercise, and the black coffee (caffeine) provides an extra jolt of alertness, stamina, and concentration to power you're workout. Not only that, but you'll only be spending less about $1 per workout vs about $5 for a meal replacement and pre-workout mix.

http://www.********.com/ext/share.ph...=_sTKX&u=8bk-G

http://www.joshjanzen.com/Home_Page.html

I'm English, So **** Off. hoorah66's Avatar
    hoorah66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoorah66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoorah66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoorah66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoorah66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoorah66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoorah66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoorah66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoorah66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoorah66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoorah66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great thread thanks.

Kikona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kikona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kikona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kikona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kikona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kikona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kikona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kikona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kikona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kikona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kikona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Thank you Big R you have answered many of my questions, great work!

BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    graveyard bump
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

minotza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minotza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minotza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minotza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minotza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minotza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minotza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minotza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minotza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minotza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minotza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good info thanks alot

my only question about the info in this thread is how does this apply to someone who trains twice a day? would you follow the same regiment for both sessions?
    I'm referring to if someone does a lifting session in the morning and a speed training session in the evening.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

......................... Tolerance's Avatar
    Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000)
    can somebody explain the amount of protein/carbs thing? example: 0,3 g/kg amount of protein/carbs.

Not understanding the amount the OP posted.

Originally Posted by Tolerance View Post
    can somebody explain the amount of protein/carbs thing? example: 0,3 g/kg amount of protein/carbs.

Not understanding the amount the OP posted.
    it's .3 g per kg of bodyweight. 1kg = 2.2lbs. so if you weigh 220lbs you weight 100kg.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    great topic, I just planned out my workout nutrition

And thanks to this topic I will be saving myself a little bit of money, my post workout shake will be a lot smaller, although thats more due to me adding an "intra" [imm. pre/post] I made.

Brandon_Cantu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon_Cantu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon_Cantu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon_Cantu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon_Cantu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon_Cantu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon_Cantu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon_Cantu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon_Cantu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon_Cantu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon_Cantu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its not so complicated. Post workout nutrition should be a whey protein isolate with some simple carbs especially if your in your offseason
    Live a life you won't forget.

1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    By far the best Pre work out drink that I have used to date is Juggernaut by Infinite labs. This stuff give you the energy to complete any work out the you put your self up to. I would definitely recommend that you try it out. This stuff works!!

Location: Newcastle, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 1juggernaut View Post
    By far the best Pre work out drink that I have used to date is Juggernaut by Infinite labs. This stuff give you the energy to complete any work out the you put your self up to. I would definitely recommend that you try it out. This stuff works!!
    Name: 1juggernaut

All Posts: Infinite Labs pimping.

I smell: A shill.
    www.GetDS.com

Get DS in Europe!!:
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Join DS on ******** and Twitter for EXCLUSIVE info and promotions!!

http://www.********.com/DrivenSports
    http://twitter.com/drivensports

Craze :: New & Improved Activate Xtreme :: Triazole :: Lean Xtreme

Craze: Performance Fuel -- The Uprising Has Begun

@missionarystyle Valenzuelatech's Avatar
    Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valenzuelatech has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    Name: 1juggernaut

All Posts: Infinite Labs pimping.

I smell: A shill.
    Thanks for pointing that out, he's been permabanned.

Question regarding the pre workout nutrition: is the 20-30 min pre workout meal really doable for most you? I find I get pretty bloated when I eat that close to my workout
    http://www.********.com/valenzuelatech

My films: http://bit.ly/11BnxwE

Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Valenzuelatech View Post

Question regarding the pre workout nutrition: is the 20-30 min pre workout meal really doable for most you? I find I get pretty bloated when I eat that close to my workout
    No way. Can't do. I too get crazy bloated. Doesn't bother me *as much* when I lift heavy with long rests, but when I do MMA training, HIIT, or Crossfit workouts I'd be fuked.

I have to make sure I wake up early enough so that I can get my 1 cup of oatmeal about 2.5hours pre-workout, then I stick to OP's recommendations as far as *immediate* pre-workout nutrition: 30 mins pre I have a scoop of whey then as I'm about to start working out I have 30g of liquid carbs with 6-10g of BCAAs.

I've adopted this approach over the past 4 weeks and have noticed TREMENDOUS improvements in performance throughout my intense MMA workouts, and noticeably better recovery from proper intra & post-wo nutrition.

Location: Newcastle, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Depends whats on the menu.
    www.GetDS.com

Get DS in Europe!!:
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Join DS on ******** and Twitter for EXCLUSIVE info and promotions!!

http://www.********.com/DrivenSports
    http://twitter.com/drivensports

Craze :: New & Improved Activate Xtreme :: Triazole :: Lean Xtreme

Craze: Performance Fuel -- The Uprising Has Begun

the pre-workout meal seems to have more of an effect on recovery than for your actual workout. i eat a pre-workout meal about an hour and a half before. then take my whey 30-20 minutes before and my EAA's and fast digesting carbs immediately before/during lifting.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bump

Just wanted to bump this thread thought it is an amazing read. OP, what are your thoughts on which PWO carb source? Maltodex, Dex, Waxy Maize? I always read mix of dex/malto is best. Also would you change around those numbers of the .4 and .2 during a bulking/cutting phase or would they always correlate with bodyweight regardless of bulking or cutting? That question also goes for which carb source post workout during bulking/cutting.

Also how would you arrange my morning

Wake up 7:45 Eat Breakfast- 3 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal and half scoop protein
    Train 9:15
    Post Workout 10:40

Do you feel my breakfast is too close to my training, or just keep up with it if its always worked?
    W.N.B.F Pro
    B.S Exercise Science
    ACSM-HFS
    Instagram-Wheels_Morgante_Fitness
    The reason why I do that, put my body through all that....Because I love it. -Ronnie Coleman

MadeInOhio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadeInOhio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadeInOhio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadeInOhio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadeInOhio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadeInOhio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadeInOhio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadeInOhio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadeInOhio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadeInOhio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadeInOhio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 1juggernaut View Post
    juggernaut is crap anyways! lol
    "Direction in Fitness, Creates Direction in Life."

My Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=517217763&posted=1#post517217763