silvio1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

going to the middle east

hi board!
    my name is silvio and im 27 and ive bee pumping iron since 94.Im at 210lbs at 6'2 12%bf.Im currently in the reserves and I never thought the day would come for me to leave new york but its approaching. Were supposed to get ready for deployment next month.
    Im not worried at all..only one thing..
    How the hell am i gonna keep my physique being the fact that there is no gyms???
    I need a workout program that will help my retain my muscle mass. I know about push ups and all..but I need to know how to size it up in a routine and which other kinds of exercises I can do for lets say back(I hope there is a chin bar available).Should i get anything portable before i go?any gadgets out there good on the market that I can stick in my duffel bag?I know i need to improvise
    but how?I need some guidance here.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you and god bless!!!!
    Silvio

Lou3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Silvio, good luck and God speed. I hope Bush doesn't pull the trigger on this Iraq thing and put you in harm's way.

IronMind's exercise cables might work for you. Go to http://www2.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/ then Store Directory, Little Things for Big Gains:Specialty Items.

Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: going to the middle east

Originally posted by silvio1975
    hi board!
    my name is silvio and im 27 and ive bee pumping iron since 94.Im at 210lbs at 6'2 12%bf.Im currently in the reserves and I never thought the day would come for me to leave new york but its approaching. Were supposed to get ready for deployment next month.
    Im not worried at all..only one thing..
    How the hell am i gonna keep my physique being the fact that there is no gyms???
    I need a workout program that will help my retain my muscle mass. I know about push ups and all..but I need to know how to size it up in a routine and which other kinds of exercises I can do for lets say back(I hope there is a chin bar available).Should i get anything portable before i go?any gadgets out there good on the market that I can stick in my duffel bag?I know i need to improvise
    but how?I need some guidance here.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you and god bless!!!!
    Silvio
    I was active duty up til August 2002. I went on my deployment from Nevmeber 2001 - march 2002.
    I went to Southwest Asia.
    What branch are you in??
    6'-2" Ectomorph @ 194 Pounds

"Size does NOT mean knowledge in this sport".

AIM: Jeremy102579

yshemesh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No gyms?

Man, I don't know how it is anywhere else in the mid-east, but in israel, where I live, there are TONS of gyms! Even if you're not looking for one you'll trip over it!

workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Man don't worry, in the middle east there are lots of gyms

I met a guy in the american army in south korea, he told me the best gym he had ever been to, is the gym in kuwait, where he was sent for 2 years.Don't worry its not all tents and camels as you might think

You also don't need to go to Israel to workout, its already too dangerous there

Peace

peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peternorth is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you can salvage equipments from abandoned terrorist camps, like monkey bars and jungle gym....
    if you don't mind it, it doesn't matter

workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hahaha peternorth, too much cnn for you kid

I was worried about the gyms too, but they got really good gyms there. I recommend u to bin laden, he is a very good trainer, but that is only if you could find him

haha jk

there are lots of gyms there, they got enough stuff for the US army!

peace

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    throw down your nukes
    your boxcutters
    your assult rifles
    and your curl bars muthafuakas!
    that was funny peternorth

I dunno about size but if your looking to maintain strength (wich will make regaining lost size easyer) look into some isometrics
    all you really need is your own body to do a great many of them
    just be sure to do about 3 different angles for each muscle
    hope it helps

Rep4Gains is just really nice. (+1000) Rep4Gains is just really nice. (+1000) Rep4Gains is just really nice. (+1000) Rep4Gains is just really nice. (+1000) Rep4Gains is just really nice. (+1000) Rep4Gains is just really nice. (+1000) Rep4Gains is just really nice. (+1000) Rep4Gains is just really nice. (+1000) Rep4Gains is just really nice. (+1000) Rep4Gains is just really nice. (+1000) Rep4Gains is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by peternorth View Post
    you can salvage equipments from abandoned terrorist camps, like monkey bars and jungle gym....
    stay safe

m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rep4Gains View Post
    stay safe
    this was in 2002... WHY DID U DO THIS

/THREAD
    - US Army - 19D - OEF 11/12
    - Currently running 531 and highly recommend it
    - Last weigh in : 181lbs
    - Goal weight : 190lbs (bulking)