crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crescendo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

What does 'keto' and 'bump' mean?

I seriously ain't got a clue what these two phrases mean. Can someone fill me in please...

Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ulyanov has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bump means bump - Bumping a thread up to the top of the list where it'll get noticed. People do it if they have a question nobody answers.

Keto is short for ketones or ketogenic, or something like that. It has to do with dieting, which I haven't learned about yet because fortunately, I haven't had to. Hopefully, somebody else will know.
    "Government should stay the hell out of people's business." - Senator Barry Goldwater

WANNABEHUGE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WANNABEHUGE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WANNABEHUGE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WANNABEHUGE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WANNABEHUGE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WANNABEHUGE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WANNABEHUGE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WANNABEHUGE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WANNABEHUGE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WANNABEHUGE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WANNABEHUGE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keto....aka Ketosis. Thhis is a certain diet in which your metabolism gets its energy from fats versus carbohydrates
    If your worried about your stomach being too big...GET YOUR LATS AND CHEST BIGGER......end of story!!

GOALS:

Height: 5'6
    Weight: 180 (bulking)
    Wannabe: 200lbsw/ 7% bf in the
    long run (next 5yrs)
    Wannahave: 18 inch arms (next 3 yrs)

SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    When you lack carbs, your body goes in "ketosis." You may have also heard of "The Keto Diet," which is not a very good way to diet, but people do it. Anyway, don't let your body fall into ketosis.

Bump is like this...

- SsiK

SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SsiK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bump

- SsiK

mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by SsiK
    You may have also heard of "The Keto Diet," which is not a very good way to diet, but people do it. Anyway, don't let your body fall into ketosis.

- SsiK
    Why do you feel this way? Any studies to back this up?

tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by mariners216

i also want to know.
    "I do not agree with a word you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire
    "Always be generous with other people's money."

MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    keto - ketosis
    that can lead to ketoacidosis

The keto diets aren't harmful if...

You lay off the red-meat and try not to consume so much fatty meat like bacon and etc. Fat is a necessary component, but too much = bad. Stick with lean meats like poultry and tuna, etc.

You need at least 20g or so. Your brain does use carbs as well as amino acids. Carbs are also needed if you're very active. Sure, you will hinder the amount of fat you burn because you will go after those carbs first, but if it's during an athletic performance and boom. That's why some athletes carbo-load before a game.

The fact that you need carbs and whatnot for energy and for brain function is good enough for me. Research this and you'll see it's not the best diet. Just go low on fats (but still include them), eat a decent amount of carbs, mainly before and after a workout and early for breakfast, and eat plenty of protein.

- SsiK

D-Audi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When you lack carbs, your body goes in "ketosis." You may have also heard of "The Keto Diet," which is not a very good way to diet, but people do it. Anyway, don't let your body fall into ketosis.

Bump is like this...

- SsiK
    AHH!! I really hate to argue but...
    This is the 3rd time I've posted this phrase in one form or another today...

PLEASE, do your research before you post blindly and misinform the masses.

tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by D-Audi

AHH!! I really hate to argue but...
    This is the 3rd time I've posted this phrase in one form or another today...

PLEASE, do your research before you post blindly and misinform the masses.
    what's wrong with what he said? it's true. when your body lacks carbs you go into ketosis.
    "I do not agree with a word you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000) mariners216 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^

I think he was referring to the fact that he said it was not a very good way to diet.

Originally posted by mariners216
    ^^^

I think he was referring to the fact that he said it was not a very good way to diet.
    You got it

You got it
    okey dokey. although i personally would never go under 20g since your brain needs some carbs.

Drop the carbs AS LOW AS YOU CAN WITHOUT GOING INTO KETOSIS. Use "ketostix" to help you with this. Simple as that, thank youse.

- SsiK

streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    "The Fat Lazy Man's Diet", I mean "The Keto Diet" does burn fat but is not natural. Just eat clean and do cardio, forget that other bull****.

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    streakfront,

Your right eating clean and doing cardio are good. The rest of your post shows a lack of knowledge IMHO.

Others interested.........http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian6.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian7.htm

This should help to explain the basics of keto.

PEACE

Originally posted by streakfront
    "The Fat Lazy Man's Diet", I mean "The Keto Diet" does burn fat but is not natural. Just eat clean and do cardio, forget that other bull****.
    Fat lazy man's diet?!?!! Keto diet not natural?!!!!!! Why do people continue to speak of things they obviously know NOTHING about. I feel sorry for all the people who come onto these boards that actually want to learn and have to put up with this. I don't mean to flame you man, but come on....go research a little before you start throwing out wrong info.

streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) streakfront has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Fat lazy man's diet?!?!! Keto diet not natural?!!!!!! Why do people continue to speak of things they obviously know NOTHING about. I feel sorry for all the people who come onto these boards that actually want to learn and have to put up with this. I don't mean to flame you man, but come on....go research a little before you start throwing out wrong info.
    its natural to only eat 20 grams of carbs in a day?
    IMAO

What makes the Keto diet so great?
    Write a fuc|<in' book, 'cause you seem to be a genius.

- SsiK

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dorian and fitnessman( or bob and marc) are very knowledgable when it comes to keto... i would trust almost 100% of what comes out of their mouthes

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

What makes the Keto diet so great?
    Write a fuc|<in' book, 'cause you seem to be a genius.

- SsiK

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cool See Chi_

They need us here!.....BAD!
    Psalm 121

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: See Chi_

Originally posted by fitnessman
    They need us here!.....BAD!
    No ****, now that we've lost 2 good moderators already.

Re: Re: See Chi_

Originally posted by seanconnery

No ****, now that we've lost 2 good moderators already.
    Who are you speaking of ?