fatboy2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fatboy2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fatboy2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fatboy2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fatboy2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fatboy2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Electronic Muscle Toner ????

whats the deal with ELECTRONIC MUSCLE TONER like SLENDERTONE? do the really work the abs better then doing them the old way? i read that bruce lee used a form of electronic ab excerise while he was typing his movie scripts. fitness mag named Slendertone as the #1 product of the year and swears buy it. what do yall think about the whole thing?

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fatboy2
    whats the deal with ELECTRONIC MUSCLE TONER like SLENDERTONE? do the really work the abs better then doing them the old way? i read that bruce lee used a form of electronic ab excerise while he was typing his movie scripts. fitness mag named Slendertone as the #1 product of the year and swears buy it. what do yall think about the whole thing?
    Its a fraud.

Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's all BS, don't buy into it.
    Although it does have cetain benifits. It's used in rehab quite frequently. I have a very small one that I use on areas that are really stiff or sore. Crank it up and it pulses the muscle at various frequencies, timing, etc. It actually feels good after awhile.
    Cut Goals/Actuals Phase 1:
    1/1: 255 / 255 | 1/8: 252.5 / 251.5 | 2/5: 243.5 / 240.0 | 3/4: 236.5 / 235.5 | 4/1: 231 / 233 | 5/6: 225 / 229|

eric57791 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is slendertone better?

I was trying to figure out why Slendertone was on homeshopping today as I flipped channels. I read a thread a long while back where people said that all of these were C-R-A-P. And the FTC sued a bunch of the manufacturers for false claims.

Turns out, Slendertone is the only one that the FTC says actually does work. I never tried one before but I am trying to figure out why the Slendertone works and the others do not. Below is the only article I could find that says Slendertone "works".

Has anyone actually tried this brand?

-----------------------
    Slim and trim abs? Not so, says FTC

By Nanci Hellmich, USA TODAY

The AB Energizer is one of several belts on the market that stimulate muscles with electrical impulses.

The Federal Trade Commission has filed false-advertising complaints against the marketers of three electronic exercise belts that promise users "six pack" abs or toned bodies without breaking a sweat.

The FTC said Wednesday that it has started legal action in federal district courts against the marketers of the AB Energizer, AbTronic and Fast Abs to stop some of their ad claims.

The battery-operated devices, which sell for about $40 to $120, can be worn around the stomach, buttocks, thighs or other areas of the body.

Marketers say the devices strengthen and tone targeted trouble spots by causing the muscles to contract with electronic impulses. The marketer of one machine says that using the product for 10 minutes equals doing 600 sit-ups, a claim the FTC disputes.

The belts have been heavily advertised in infomercials on USA, TNN and other national cable television stations, on the Internet and by national retail outlets. The FTC believes a couple of million devices have been sold.

The devices are supposed to satisfy "Americans obsession for tight, chiseled, rippled, washboard abs," FTC chairman Timothy Muris said Wednesday. "Here's the pitch: With a touch of a button, you go from flabby abs to rock-hard abs without breaking a sweat.

"Unfortunately though, these electronic abs gadgets don't do a thing to turn a bulging beer belly into a sleek, six-pack, muscular stomach," he says.

The FTC filings contend that the ads:

Falsely represented that the ab machines cause fat and inch loss, give users well-defined stomach muscles and are just as good or better than conventional stomach exercises, such as sit-ups and crunches.
    Falsely claimed that the devices are safe and failed to adequately mention health hazards.
    Misrepresented the money-back guarantees, and in many cases, failed to provide timely refunds. The FTC has received hundreds of consumer complaints.
    The companies can either work with the FTC to resolve the agency's issues, or they can go to court.

Electronic Products Distribution, maker of the AB Energizer, said in a statement: "This is the first request AB Energizer has received from the FTC for substantiation. We look forward to presenting the merits of the AB Energizer to the FTC and working with them to resolve their concerns."

The Food and Drug Administration also has sent out 13 letters to companies, saying these products are devices that needed the government's OK before they went on the market. Only one, Slendertone Flex, has received approval so far for toning abs.

The makers of these ab devices have said that they base their products' claims for strengthening muscles on research done on electrical muscle stimulation or EMS, which has been used by physical therapists and athletic trainers for years as a means of rehabilitating muscles after injury or surgery. That work is done mostly in medical settings using machines that plug into wall outlets.

Says the FTC's Muris: "For years, marketers of diet and exercise products have been preying on overweight, out-of-shape consumers by hawking false hope in a pill, false hope in a bottle, and, now, in a belt. Unfortunately, there are no magic pills, potions or pulsators for losing weight and getting into shape.

"The only winning combination is changing your diet and exercise."

Mesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yea my dad has one of the professional ones with the dot stickies that you stick on your body he had to get that for his knee injury he was back to work in 2 months, i think it was because of the machine but for muscle growth or toning naw.... it feels like a massage to me..

stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

Originally Posted by fatboy2
    It's a marketing company just giving the people what they want: the dream of looking like the models wearing the belt in their advertisement without having to clean up their diets or do one lick of exercise.

After they've all gotten it out of their system, they'll either be back next January wanting to have yet another miracle solution to their weight problem pitched to them, or they'll just give up altogether.

C.K.

Not what I use to be..... StrongEnough?'s Avatar
    StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Americans (and more) will always try to scientifically, through pills and contraptions to get the fat/overweight community help. As long as there is someone out there who is willing to by this stuff over a gym membership, there will always be infomercials, magazine adds, and a contiunal drive to find the "Holy Grail" of non-exercise/correct nutrition dieting.

It's just a matter of time before their Cardiologist comes knocking.....

Overweight male : "So, what's up doc?"

Overweight male's doctor: "Your Cholesterol!"

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    My friend bought one in high school. It's a fraud.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

eric57791 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks bros. I was just shocked to see that this slendertone wasn't sued by the government like all the rest because it supposedly tones while the others don't. Besides, I can't afford one of these anyway right now. I'm sticking to the old fashioned way of earning abs.

Eric

itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Those things were all the rage about six - seven years ago. There were so many on the market, you couldn't keep track of them all.

The bottom line was, they didn't work . . . to see that they are coming back makes me laugh.
    -IT

Transformed my body the old fashioned way.
    -Now to transform it again

Remember every body is different, what works for one person, doesn't have to apply to you - experiment and find what does work.

DeeFromToronto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there is a new one on the market...called the SAUNA BELT.

its claim is that it will make your lose an inch in 1 sessions...
    the thing about this product is that its true..it does make you lose an inch in one sessions which is about 1 hour long

but the catch here is that this belt works by heating up the area you put it around such as the waist. but the inch you are losing is just water weight due to the dehyrdration that occurs...

there is no magic pill or gizmo that will sheds pounds off. hard work and determination are the keys to success.

Dahon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Didn't Bruce Lee use one of these devices? I've seen them on small magazine ads everywhere.

itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dahon
    Didn't Bruce Lee use one of these devices? I've seen them on small magazine ads everywhere.
    Don't waste your money, trust me.
    -IT

Transformed my body the old fashioned way.
    -Now to transform it again

Remember every body is different, what works for one person, doesn't have to apply to you - experiment and find what does work.

hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hughesn2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Do not buy!!!!

I bought one from GNC and immediately when I bought it I knew it wouldn't work, so my plan was to just buy it and return it in 20 days, so like a 20 day trial for free.
    Then I was an idiot and actually bought one for $70 off ebay this past Summer. I used it for 20 days and it didn't do much (just as expected) then it broke somehow. Since I bought it off ebay I couldn't return it. But I was out $70 and only used it for a little less than a month. If you are looking for something to help your abs for $70 I would look into a GYM membership. I am at college and a gym membership is $150 for two semesters. If you already have a gym membership and are looking for toning and want to spend $70 I would try one of those Neoprene Weight Suits off Titleboxing.com from Fighting or KuttingWeight. I haven't bought mine yet, but looks like it is good. It sheds water weight but for toning it works better than BS technology Slendertone uses. I am not a spokesmen for any company, just a college student who wasted $70 on this BS POS! Also, for $70 you could buy 180caps (75-90 days worth) of OxyElite Pro off bodybuilding.com. So you could find the cheapest Slendertone on ebay for $70-80 or buy something that works.