chopsky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chopsky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chopsky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chopsky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How much protein can the body absord in one go?

Hey guys,

Im hearing different things from every person I speak to. Some say the body cant absorb more than 30-40g of protein per feeding. Others say 60g. What's the deal?
    For the last few weeks, Ive been making myself 2 shakes every day. Each shake is made up of an MRP (52g protein 23g carbs) and 1 Optimum whey shake (23g carbs). So that's 75g of protein per shake. I have these 2 shakes over and above my 3 daily meals to get the necessary protein intake for my weight. I weigh 135lbs currently.
    Is this too much protein per serving?

Thanks
    Grant

David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If the MRP is all whey protein then I'd say that's too much for one meal. I've heard that you can't digest more than 30-40 grams of whey at a time. The most I'd ever take in would be 40 grams of whey, and I'll mix it with some other protein like casein or a little chicken or eggs.

chopsky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chopsky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chopsky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chopsky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://www.usn.co.za/products/meal_r...el_dynamic.htm

I know it's made up of some whey but Im not sure how much. If the body can only absorb 30g-40g, why are these companies putting +50g of protein in their MRP shakes (per serving) ?

HST seems to think that the body is even able to assimilate 60g of protein per serving.
    http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/...teinmyths.html

If I can only get in 30-40g of protein per serving, how am I supposed to reach my goal of around 200g of protein per day by only eating 6 meals?!
    Seems a bit rediculous.

deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Though I am no scientist, I know for sure it is dependant on body mass for the amount you can consume at one time,

I have been under the impression that 1 gram of Protien per 1/lb of body weight is the norm, for body consumption, though each persons body would be slightly different, just as different people absorb alcohol at different rates, bodies will do the same with protien, and fats. I'd say unless you are a 200lb monster, 75g shakes are a bit much, but what do I know
    Venice Fitness in Toronto are Crooks Worst Gym to deal with ever.

Took me 1 year to get fat, how long will it take me to get unfat again....

David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) David77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by chopsky
    http://www.usn.co.za/products/meal_r...el_dynamic.htm

I know it's made up of some whey but Im not sure how much. If the body can only absorb 30g-40g, why are these companies putting +50g of protein in their MRP shakes (per serving) ?
    If these shakes have over 50 grams of protein they usually have a mix of proteins for this very reason. The one you are using looks pretty good. Here is the protein mix.

USN Protein Blend (whey protein isolate from micro filtration, whey protein concentrate, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, soy protein isolae, egg albumen),

The calcium caseinate and micellar casein are very slow digesting proteins and the soy and egg proteins are slower than whey but faster than casein, so it's a good blend there.
    HST seems to think that the body is even able to assimilate 60g of protein per serving.
    http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/...teinmyths.html

If I can only get in 30-40g of protein per serving, how am I supposed to reach my goal of around 200g of protein per day by only eating 6 meals?!
    Seems a bit rediculous.
    I think you can have more than 40, but not solely from whey. I get 50g in my meals, but never all from whey. Fats also help to digest a lot of protein so I always have at least 10 grams of fat with every protein meal.

So I can I stick to combining my MRP with ON Whey in order to achieve my Protein intake? Or should I try break it up somehow?

ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Personally,i have had the best results with 35 grams at a time in between meals 4 times a day.It also depends on if you`re natural or using anabolics...if your on a cycle,then the body can utilize 50 or more at a time....

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by David77
    If these shakes have over 50 grams of protein they usually have a mix of proteins for this very reason. The one you are using looks pretty good. Here is the protein mix.

USN Protein Blend (whey protein isolate from micro filtration, whey protein concentrate, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, soy protein isolae, egg albumen),

The calcium caseinate and micellar casein are very slow digesting proteins and the soy and egg proteins are slower than whey but faster than casein, so it's a good blend there.
    Bingo. Different types absorb at different rates, so a lot of those MRP's are nice because they have a nice blend of egg, caseine, whey, etc. So, if you can only absorb 40g of whey in an hour, the others will be absorbed at different rates, allowing you to absorb more protein over a longer period of time from the same shake.

siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can also add fish oil or some other healthy type of fat to a whey shake to significantly slow down the absorption time.