gigem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

dieting and gaining lean muscle...

Im not sure if this is in the proper forum, so if it's not bare with me. I was wondering if yall could critique my diet, and workout schedule. My goals are to gain about five more pounds of lean muscle, but also become more cut. I have never measured my body fat but I have a six pack and am 6'2 205 lbs. so Im guessing probably 10%ish.

Breakfast: a bowl of TOTAl (or any healthy cereal)
    a bowl of fruit, glass of orange juice

mid morning: eat either a tuna fish,turkey, or PBJ sandwhich

Lunch: 1.5 sandwhichs, two zip lock bags of fruit, bottle of water

mid afternoon: a bowl of cereal, or a sandwhich or just something small and healthy

Dinner: whatever mom made

Later in the night: bowl of fruit (if im hungry)

I run for about 20-30 minutes @ 6:00 when i wake up mon-thu.

I lift for a little over an hour mon-thu @ around 3:00-4:00 in the afternoon

Im a senior in high school, and have always had to lift and run a ton for football. But when football is over I'm hoping that this new workout and diet will allow me to achieve my goals stated above. Please comment, thanks.

LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Every once a week, after you get up from bed, you should use toilet and check your weight. Keep whatever you're eating for a week or more then check it. if your weight has increased, then you gained either muscle or fat. You gonna need a fat measuring caliper to see if you've really gained muscle or fat. And stay consistent with whatever you're doing. Hope that helps.

thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gigem
    Im not sure if this is in the proper forum, so if it's not bare with me. I was wondering if yall could critique my diet, and workout schedule. My goals are to gain about five more pounds of lean muscle, but also become more cut. I have never measured my body fat but I have a six pack and am 6'2 205 lbs. so Im guessing probably 10%ish.

Breakfast: a bowl of TOTAl (or any healthy cereal)
    a bowl of fruit, glass of orange juice

mid morning: eat either a tuna fish,turkey, or PBJ sandwhich

Lunch: 1.5 sandwhichs, two zip lock bags of fruit, bottle of water

mid afternoon: a bowl of cereal, or a sandwhich or just something small and healthy

Dinner: whatever mom made

Later in the night: bowl of fruit (if im hungry)

I run for about 20-30 minutes @ 6:00 when i wake up mon-thu.

I lift for a little over an hour mon-thu @ around 3:00-4:00 in the afternoon

Im a senior in high school, and have always had to lift and run a ton for football. But when football is over I'm hoping that this new workout and diet will allow me to achieve my goals stated above. Please comment, thanks.
    I'm sure its tough for you as you have little or no control over what you have for supper. It looks more like a cutting diet to me overall. IMO you're going to have a tough time putting on 5lbs of muscle with the amount of protein it looks like you're getting. Do you take any supps? If nothing else you should be taking Whey protein. The best things IMO to take are a good multivitamin, whey protein and fish oild caps. I haven't been around as long as some on here, so I hope somene will be able to provide you with more info that I can.
    *When the man is confused with the legend, the myth is born*