Registered User nightstalker100's Avatar
    nightstalker100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squats, box squats and jump squats

If i were to perform them in one routine how would of go about it? Which order would the exercises be performed and what about rep ranges. Or would it better to assign them seperate training days or alternate them perhaps.
    cheers in advance
    quit whining and start lifting

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nightstalker100
    If i were to perform them in one routine how would of go about it? Which order would the exercises be performed and what about rep ranges. Or would it better to assign them seperate training days or alternate them perhaps.
    cheers in advance
    What is the purpose for doing them? That would help determine the schedule and lift order. What size box- below parallel, high, etc?

Box squats would be to parellel, resting and then exploding. I guess what i really want to know is if performing them in this manner would there be a need for jump squats?

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Box squats would be to parellel, resting and then exploding. I guess what i really want to know is if performing them in this manner would there be a need for jump squats?
    I think that jump squats would only need to be used if you were training for a particular sport.

I'd do the regular squats 1st then do the box squats if you did them the same day.

What about the relative weight. Should i be aiming heavier on the box squats. I'm using them as tool to principle improve my midrange - lockout strength as i dont seem to have a problem ascending from the deep squat position.

What about the relative weight. Should i be aiming heavier on the box squats. I'm using them as tool to principle improve my midrange - lockout strength as i dont seem to have a problem ascending from the deep squat position.
    For a parallel box you will have to check it out and see what you can do. Some people can do more off the box and others less than their normal squat. I usually do a high box when I'm using them as assistance for a regular squat, and I'll use more weight.

Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't see the point of doing free squats and box squats in the same session, except maybe high box squats as an assistance exercise after doing free squats (kinda like working your lockout after a bench session) but jump squats can be added to either if done properly. I've seen people use box jumps or jump squats before a squat session to fire up the CNS, or also do complex training where you would superset squats with a plyo movment.
    Last edited by Jneves; 09-18-2005 at 08:25 AM.
    "Leave the pump in the bedroom and add some damn weight to the bar" - Dave Tate

"Train for strength, eat to grow and you will get bigger and stronger" - Someone bigger and stronger then me

NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewBlackDak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My squat day consists of working squats up to a double. 4x3 box squats, and 4x3 heavy good mornings.
    That's all I do right now, because I'm still making incredible gains from it.

If I were going to incorporate more exercises I would rotate them weekly were I do my boxsquats.
    6' 260lbs
    Squat: 270 Kg(595 lbs)
    Bench: 165 Kg(364 lbs)
    Dead: 245 Kg(540 lbs)
    Total: 680 Kg(1499 lbs)

'06 Goals:
    300, 200, 300 for an 800kg total
    Get back to 242lb class

Cheers for the help guys. Have also heard about supersetting squats with plyo work and also pre empting jump squats wth box/regular squats with the result of improved performance on the jumps. Quite keen to keep all three in but if alternating box squats and squats is preferable then so be it. One other quick question- with jump squats is there a full range of motion or only a half descent?

Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cheers for the help guys. Have also heard about supersetting squats with plyo work and also pre empting jump squats wth box/regular squats with the result of improved performance on the jumps. Quite keen to keep all three in but if alternating box squats and squats is preferable then so be it. One other quick question- with jump squats is there a full range of motion or only a half descent?
    If your goals are strength/performance oriented I think you would be best doing something like rotating free/box squats. Just focus on kicking ass on one of them, doing both in the same workout you won't be able to give 100% for both exercises

wish I could help more with the plyo's
    "Leave the pump in the bedroom and add some damn weight to the bar" - Dave Tate

"Train for strength, eat to grow and you will get bigger and stronger" - Someone bigger and stronger then me